+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Idris testing questions     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    Light Blade eats all shadows (when /nin, at least) and does reduced damage when it does so, so it's a 4+ multi hit WS, at least. It also does much less damage on people with low HP/weakened if it kills them. If it was crit based as well, it'd explain why it varies so much in the same conditions.
    so it might indeed be possible for it to be physical based multi hit attack with either: crit hit chances or a hybrid physical attack with 1-2 magical hits in it?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Not sure what you are getting with wilt but let's say it's -35% (seems possible since ergon was only 41%) and then you were throwing bio 2 on it for another -10%... another -25% from roar would almost halve ratio (-45.45% to be exact) which would be even more if you can bump more -att in there. Now let's say you were floating at around 1.2k def (ballpark not sure what your sams had) without minnes but with other buffs; 2 +4 minnes without any merits or jps would add another 243 which then gets another 50% from cocoon to go to 364.5 that would only lower ratio by 24%.
    Bio's attack down can be enhanced with Dark Shot the same way Dia can be with Light Shot.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I am kinda confused tough, scherzo and EA work on light blade, if its indeed a multihit attack, shouldnt both spells fail on it since they only affect the 1.hit of monster abilitys? or am i mistakeing that with great wheel now

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I've never personally seen a difference from Scherzo/EA in that fight, though many swear to its effectiveness.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by EjinCaitsith View Post
    Bio's attack down can be enhanced with Dark Shot the same way Dia can be with Light Shot.
    I figured it might but wasn't sure if they would want to bring cor again given the problems they keep buffs up... maybe drk/cor for a dd!?!

Actually if you bought the jp that they never advertised to anyone else you could have an all jobs gun allowing anyone to dark shot.... if did that along with the roar taking -att from the projected -45% to -80% would be 63% reduction in ratio...

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Light blade is not multihit, scherzo/EA do indeed work on it.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Then why does it take down multiple shadows (without being an AoE), vary so much in damage under identical conditions, and do much, much less damage on people with really low HP or are weakened?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Never experienced that before, but EA+scherzo absolutely reduces the damage. I've done very many fights with smn+brd and the only severe dmg taken is if those drop or from great wheel.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Damage from Nether Blast and merit pacts (NM versions) are greatly and systematically reduced when the target is far. I don't know much single target ranged attack TP moves but I think Light Blade could work in a similar way, which unfortunately does not help much considering it's almost instant.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

single hit non aoes can take more than one shadow... was kinda mad when they changed that

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

if its a 1 hit move how could it possibly maybe (like discussed) have a magical dmg part in it? i would like to run more tests on it, but getting 10 merits everytime is very tedious when you have to use Merits up for other fights constantly.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Hybrids are weird. Well call them separate hits but really most of them are really just 1 "hit" with a part physical calculation and magical part. Mathemetically it's normally display as something like dmg = pdif*ws base dmg*ftp (normally 1 for players regardless of tp) +pdif*ws base dmg*ftp( for players ranges from .5-2.1)*mab/mdb.... Note not all player ones have been thoroughly tested to work exactly like that and flaming crush for example has something like that but with higher ftps and then on top of that 2 normal physical extra hits so there is nothing to stop a hybrid from doing weird things like that

Not sure if it's been tested to work exactly like it (I'm sure someone else can chime in on it but it's more conceptual way of thinking about it) but you can think of it as kinda working like skillchaining with a physical ws where the physical part is calculated like normal and then magic portion is based on that with magical multipliers like mab/mdb, mdt, day/weather bonus and resistance added in.

Fairly certain both the physical use the same pdif and pretty certain if your stoneskin can absorb the physical part you wont take any dmg similar to a skillchain. Basically what this means is if you miss you miss completely. Extreme amounts of physical protection will protect you from both... ie invincible on them but mdt only helps on the magical part (though that's where most the dmg is usually). And they are probably counted as 2 sources of dmg for things like scherzo or phalanx but is still 1 hit. So a single shadow can stop it though like any 1 hit ws it can still take more than one. Part of why their dmg potential is so high is because the magical portion uses pdif and MAB and on things with weakness mdt and pdt.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

That sounds fairly likely, though this thread is getting super off topic. I'll try playing around on VE with aegis today to see if there is any difference. It absolutely has a distance modifier though, easily noticeable if you do full rng setups.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmagi View Post
    That sounds fairly likely, though this thread is getting super off topic. I'll try playing around on VE with aegis today to see if there is any difference. It absolutely has a distance modifier though, easily noticeable if you do full rng setups.
    hmmm kamlanaut never resists gravity, maybe it was meant to be a kited fight? outrunning great wheel while takeing little dmg from light blade the further the distance? albeit the area is like freaking small for it to be a kited fight.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I remember back in the original fight you could sorta kite it... you'd definitely still take some hits because of the size but could avoid a bit and hate resets kinda helped

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Some quick tests for ones I could easily do with /checkparam after the update:

Accuracy: 766 -> 862, +96 (was +75)
    Attack: 818 -> 1303, +59.2% (was +25.5%)
    Evasion: 579 -> 698, +119 (was +89)
    Defense: 662 -> 1217, +83.8% (was +41.75%)

Speechless. Wow.

EDIT: Testing in Ballista

Accuracy: 775 -> 656 (-119)
    Attack: 790 -> 237 (-70%)
    Evasion: 588 -> 493 (-95)
    Defense: 599 -> 353 (-41.1%)

Blaze of Glory Geo-Wilt dropped Attack from 790 to 1.
    Ecliptic Attrition Geo-Frailty dropped Defense from 599 to 294 (-51%)

Under bolster:

Accuracy+: 721 -> 911 (+190)
    Attack+: 798 -> 1745 (+118.6%)
    Evasion+: 559 -> 797 (+238)
    Defense+: 645 -> 1728 (+167.9%)

Acc-: 775 -> 537 (-238)
    Attack-: 790 -> 1 (-99.9%?)
    Evasion-: 588 -> 398 (-190)
    Defense-: 599 -> 107 (-82.2%)

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Derp, know you as Jadey, not Cubsfan lol.

Can't do ballista tests tonight, but can verify the above /checkparam numbers.

For what it's worth, someone who cares who only has access to Dunna may want to do tests too. I was told Indi-Fury with Dunna was +45% attack which isn't shabby at all.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Holy shit though.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

holy fuck even one buff/debuff alone destryos 3 song bards let alone 2 buffs annihilate 4song bards. well everything us good powerfull buffs in exchange for less flexibility

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

And people were saying Idris was horrible and should be relic easy to make in the OF lol

Oh and that is -100% att but the game min caps you at 1 for att/def. But damn being able to possibly full time put mobs at 1 att...

Wonder how much the rest got boosted

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast