BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Idris testing questions     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

bolstered frailty will give -80% def down couple that with +112% attack and your attack is prolly capped on everything (assumeing you can stand in range)

shit went full retard mode a idris geo and 4song bard will make everything seem piss easy

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    bolstered frailty will give -80% def down couple that with +112% attack and your attack is prolly capped on everything (assumeing you can stand in range)
    Shit add light shot Dias or pretty much any def down move like angon and you will be capped on everything even without attack buffs using defender with 0 skill

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Remember that mobs have a minimum pdif cap at 1.0, so endgame mobs won't be doing sub 100 damage even with -100% attack.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Stacking Indi-Acumen, Geo-Malaise, and Aftermath L2 is producing some five digit Flash Novas.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by CubsWoo View Post
    Stacking Indi-Acumen, Geo-Malaise, and Aftermath L2 is producing some five digit Flash Novas.
    the fuck. geo turning everything into abyssea. used to 3-4k flash novas on doh mobs on blu but 5 digits!? what was the target?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Slightly cheating, but Acuex/Leeches in Ra'Kaznar.

I'll test on other stuff later, just messing around capping merits. Fire 1 was breaking 5k on them as well.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    Remember that mobs have a minimum pdif cap at 1.0, so endgame mobs won't be doing sub 100 damage even with -100% attack.
    I thought that changed when they did the whole defense matters update

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Mob Pdif was changed from ranging from 1.0-2.0 to 1.0-4.0 in that update.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Oh that's right I had remembered them saying they want to encourage us to stack def for tanking but in the end only penalized us by raising the max cap but keeping the min the same

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Since Idris lacked the +30% Exudation damage, I was hoping maybe they left off the ol RME doesn't work in offhand bit. Unfortunately that's not the case, the +MAB +MAcc and Geomancy +10 don't work from the offhand. Didn't have the heart to test -DT since it doesn't really matter.

Was gonna try Sharur/Idris as /Dnc and just focus on Realmrazer/Flash Nova since AM3 is a pain in the ass to keep up.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

I wonder if they will increase BRD COR SMN potential to match Idris GEO by introducing stronger ultimate weapons for those jobs, a gun or cutlass with Adds an additional Roll, or Adds two additional Rolls for COR, a staff that prevents Favor from nerfing an Avatar's stats, raising the cap on songs so that more than 500 combined skill continues to enhance the song's effects and maybe 119 Gjallhorn to be All Songs+5, to make it significantly different from the individual song instruments that have +3 and +4 on them, or reforged Empyrean armor adding +2 instead of +1 to Minuet, Scherzo, Madrigal, March and Ballad.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Oh that's right I had remembered them saying they want to encourage us to stack def for tanking but in the end only penalized us by raising the max cap but keeping the min the same
    Well, they removed the attack portion of level correction in the same patch, which meant that defense matters more both upwards (since level 110-120 NMs don't automatically get a 50%-100% or attack bonus, autocapping them), and downwards (since their pdif cap is higher now).

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I know this is the Idris thread, but someone mentioned testing Dunna as well to see their comparative numbers. Sooo...

391 Handbell
    403 Geomancy
    Dunna

Indi-Barrier: 658 Defense -> 1048 Defense (+59.2%)
    Indi-Fury: 486 Attack -> 702 Attack (+44.4%)
    Indi-Precision: 473 Accuracy -> 542 (+69 Acc)
    Indi-Voidance: 458 Evasion -> 545 Evasion (+87 Evasion)

Indi-Stat: +25 STR -> +57 STR (+32), tested on various stats for +32.
    Indi-Refresh: 10/Tick
    Indi-Regen: 40/Tick

Am not in Ballista to test stat down ones, but we still get some pretty nifty effects even with just Dunna. It's not Idris-level (good lord at some of those numbers...) but still makes GEO a really potent buffer/debuffer.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    I wonder if they will increase BRD COR SMN potential to match Idris GEO by introducing stronger ultimate weapons for those jobs, a gun or cutlass with Adds an additional Roll, or Adds two additional Rolls for COR, a staff that prevents Favor from nerfing an Avatar's stats, raising the cap on songs so that more than 500 combined skill continues to enhance the song's effects and maybe 119 Gjallhorn to be All Songs+5, to make it significantly different from the individual song instruments that have +3 and +4 on them, or reforged Empyrean armor adding +2 instead of +1 to Minuet, Scherzo, Madrigal, March and Ballad.
    i dont think so, non idris geo match now cor potency on buffs, brd cor are more flexible in their buffs, geo is not, hence why i think SE gave geo slightly more powerfull buffs (you cant stand in range for everything).

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I may be overlooking something, but I can't think of a time when not being able to stay in range is really an issue. AoE is either mild enough that melee and GEO are able to turtle up and stay fairly safe, or it's terrible enough that you're using RNG. In the case of the former haste and frailty, and the latter, frailty and precision(or what have you).

Other than that, I've heard it argued that a GEO is limited in their inability to refresh mages while providing for melee as a BRD would. To that I ask, if you're in a party of six, do healers actually need that extra bit? And if you're not low man, you're going to have more than one buffer, so again, where's the issue?

Of course elegy and being able to provide a handful of effects simultaneously have their uses, but it don't really see a situation where a GEO isn't functionally equal to or better than a BRD

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I overlook things all the time though, so jump in if I'm ignoring something obvious

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Related, but Dunna numbers with geomancy 421 and handbell 407(max potency without Idris, AFAIK)

Precision: Acc+71
    Fury: Attk+45.6%
    Attribute: +33

Too lazy to test anything else at the moment

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Dotsudoku View Post
    I overlook things all the time though, so jump in if I'm ignoring something obvious
    The obvious issue, though it's not an issue in every BC, is the Geo's own MP. Barring some luck with Conserve MP sets being worth a damn, Geo-Frailty is 294 MP a cast. Fights like VD EV where even with capped -DT your loupan is dying in 3-4 TP moves, it adds up quick. Fights like VD Ouryu the Whm would also run into some serious MP issues if not for ballads. Though with this most recent buff, a single bubble rivals or beats 2-3 songs focused on a single stat, leaving the other to support mages if need be. You'd still be missing out on Brds ability to do, say, 2x March and a Mad to cap haste and acc though, while still maintaining ballads for the mages.

I agree though, in some content, it's not that big of an issue, idles sets and Sublimation/Refresh is a fair enough amount to make it work. But there's a lot of content still where being able to split out the buffs like that makes them greatly preferred. For what it's worth, my group pretty much just runs as Geo and Brd all the time and completely wrecks most things we don't derp on. Insert Pld, Rngs, Whm, and DDs as needed.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Dotsudoku View Post
    I may be overlooking something, but I can't think of a time when not being able to stay in range is really an issue. AoE is either mild enough that melee and GEO are able to turtle up and stay fairly safe, or it's terrible enough that you're using RNG. In the case of the former haste and frailty, and the latter, frailty and precision(or what have you).

Other than that, I've heard it argued that a GEO is limited in their inability to refresh mages while providing for melee as a BRD would. To that I ask, if you're in a party of six, do healers actually need that extra bit? And if you're not low man, you're going to have more than one buffer, so again, where's the issue?

Of course elegy and being able to provide a handful of effects simultaneously have their uses, but it don't really see a situation where a GEO isn't functionally equal to or better than a BRD
    gesho, stellar fulcrum, some AAs (without being /nin), list goes on, some stuff can wreck you, not one shot you, but definilty will one shot you if you are cought in non ilvl 119 gear. mostly only applies to hardmode misssion battles, delve 2.0 isnt that much of an issue in that regard.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

And how do melee survive those fights? For all intents and purposes, mages are more capable of staying in range than most melee, as they sacrifice virtually nothing to be in full PDT.

And isn't D-VD Gessho a fight where RNG are preferred? That'd be a perfect example of where this doesn't apply.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast