+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Idris testing questions     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Idris testing questions

Should be finished within the next 5 days with Idris. Wanted to go ahead and post a thread and get the nitty gritty on how to perform tests to get a better idea of what effects it has on buffs/debuffs.

+/- Att/Acc/Eva/Def/Stat/Regen/Refresh/Poison are all obvious enough with /checkparam. How can I go about testing +/- MDef? MEva? Any possible way to get an idea of MAcc? Wild dreams of Bolster -MAcc on NMs with bad AoE magical attacks etc.

I've had MAB formulas explained to me, and read them numerous times, and still just don't get it, iDumb. I'll get some numbers from that and post back to see the increase in MAB.

From reading the Haste II discussion, it sounds like one of the best ways to get exact haste values is to go /Sch and test Klimaform recast while weakened. Anything else to this I need to know? Any other spells, haste, FC values that I need to have handy to compare to get the exact /1024? Battlemod or anything else needed?

Assuming Geo-Slow could be tested in the opposite way just as easily? Or is there a different way to check it? Could do Para in Ballista, and just eyeball Gravity I guess? Not that any of those 3 will be particularly useful, just want to fully test all that I can.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

def down eva down etc can be tested in ballista prolly, how to test m.acc -macc is difficult tough

also pls test if the mythic stacks with the handbell, refresh would be the easiest way, if refresh gives 15 MP/tick back with both it does not, if it gives 20 MP/tic it does :D

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So finished up Idris this morning. Still looking for info on how to best test MDB, MAcc, and Haste if anyone can supply some pointers. I'll post back later today with caps on -def and such.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

For MDB:
    * Go to Abyssea - Uleg on GEO/DNC with Regen Atma
    * Remove your iLevel gear
    * Get nuked by a worm (unresisted - May want to wait for it to nuke you with two different spells)
    * Put up your MDB spell
    * Get nuked again by the worm with the same nuke

GEO doesn't get MDB, so no-MDB damage / MDB damage will be 1+MDB/100. For instance, if he nuked you for 848 damage without MDB and 800 damage with MDB, you are getting 6 MDB. You can do a similar process for MAtk-, if GEO gets that debuff.

Keep in mind that the +1 bonus for most of these spells has not been quantified (to my knowledge) and I think some of their potency caps haven't even been quantified. Heck, do we even know how potent Indi-Haste is?

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

For haste, take off all haste + fast cast from other sources (gear, Ionis, sub job) and cast Klimaform. Report the recast that is displayed in the magic menu (Timers is usually off by +/- a second, so don't use that) and we can work from there

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    Heck, do we even know how potent Indi-Haste is?
    with bell it's 33%

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    For haste, take off all haste + fast cast from other sources (gear, Ionis, sub job) and cast Klimaform. Report the recast that is displayed in the magic menu (Timers is usually off by +/- a second, so don't use that) and we can work from there
    Naked with Idris gave a recast of 1:50.
    I derped and stripped before casting Indi-Haste. Casting Indi in +skill set, then stripping before Klima resulted in 1:49 recast.

As above with Blaze of Glory and Ecliptic Attrition gave a recast of 1:41.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

(393~398)/1024 Haste, so about 39% Haste. Not too shabby.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

1:50 recast
    110s
    110 * 60 = 6600

43.75%
    438/1024 = 0.427734375

10800 * .572265625 = 6180
    6180/60 = 103

40%
    400/1024 = 0.390625

10800 * .609375 = 6581
    6581/60 = 109

39%
    390/1024 = 0.380859375

10800 * 0.619140625 = 6686
    6686/60 = 111

Nearly 40% haste

an odd amount since it doesn't really stop you from needing another haste source to cap, but with Blaze of Glory you'd be giving capped, undispellable haste for however long your Luopan is relevant every 10 mins. also worth noting that some jobs are fine without needing that extra 3.75%-4.3% haste to cap delay

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

(393~398)/1024 Haste, so about 39% Haste. Not too shabby.
    if the bell would have stacked it would have been capped magical haste ._., WRY SE WRY!!!

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

First batch of Ballista testing.

Checked the potency of Indi VS Geo, and in the 5 cases I tested it was the same, so safe to say they fixed that. Checked a few more spells with a non +Geomancy bell and saw no difference, so safe to assume there's no individual caps per spell. All Geo spells were cast with 8/8 Geomancy and Handbell merits, Idris, Dunna, and all +skill gear except for +1 body. All were performed on a target with no buffs to the relevant stat.

Listing the +/- stat, cause who just knows what Indi-Wilt is?

+Att: 767 > 961
    +Acc: 692 > 767
    +Def: 582 > 825
    +Eva: 496 > 585
    -Att: 863 > 502
    -Acc: 765 > 676
    -Def: 1001 > 746
    -Eva: 609 > 534
    Slow: Klimaform recast 300 > 330 (guess they just straight capped this at 10%?)
    Refresh: 15
    Regen: 50

Blaze of Glory + Ecliptic Attrition
    -Def: 1001 > 559

Bolster
    -Att: 863 > 141
    -Acc: 765 > 587
    -Def: 1001 > 492
    -Eva: 609 > 459
    +Att: 767 > 1156

Woulda done more but a botched attempt to see if Bolster had an effect on Slow ate up the rest of the time. Time for work though, I'll get around to testing more this weekend.

Also dunno if you saw my ninja edit above Proth and Byrth, but after casting Indi-Haste correctly, got a 1:49 recast for Klimaform, if that makes much of a difference in the calcs.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Halved DEF during Bolster. Jesus Christ

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    Also dunno if you saw my ninja edit above Proth and Byrth, but after casting Indi-Haste correctly, got a 1:49 recast for Klimaform, if that makes much of a difference in the calcs.
    means it's 40%

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    First batch of Ballista testing.

Checked the potency of Indi VS Geo, and in the 5 cases I tested it was the same, so safe to say they fixed that. Checked a few more spells with a non +Geomancy bell and saw no difference, so safe to assume there's no individual caps per spell. All Geo spells were cast with 8/8 Geomancy and Handbell merits, Idris, Dunna, and all +skill gear except for +1 body. All were performed on a target with no buffs to the relevant stat.

Listing the +/- stat, cause who just knows what Indi-Wilt is?

+Att: 767 > 961
    +Acc: 692 > 767
    +Def: 582 > 825
    +Eva: 496 > 585
    -Att: 863 > 502
    -Acc: 765 > 676
    -Def: 1001 > 746
    -Eva: 609 > 534
    Slow: Klimaform recast 300 > 330 (guess they just straight capped this at 10%?)
    Refresh: 15
    Regen: 50

Blaze of Glory + Ecliptic Attrition
    -Def: 1001 > 559

Bolster
    -Att: 863 > 141
    -Acc: 765 > 587
    -Def: 1001 > 492
    -Eva: 609 > 459
    +Att: 767 > 1156

Woulda done more but a botched attempt to see if Bolster had an effect on Slow ate up the rest of the time. Time for work though, I'll get around to testing more this weekend.

def down gave more then I expected (a bit, but thats probably because we reached a new tier with gear). Also the -Att on bolster.... -84% attack down, are you kidding me, that means normal -att makes it -42% attack down. This is very very interesting for melee setup VD fights, some of this thing looks gamechanging how you could handle various batttles with different setups.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah, that -Att was a pretty big shocker to me. Wonder how effective it'd be in practice, even if just as a 3:30 duration oshi damage reduction tactic.

Also, Dunna not stacking with Idris very well could be a bug. Unelonborro responded requesting more info and a few specific setups, but that response is far, far better than WAI. :D

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Had been wondering for awhile now if -att would be useful.... that much it should be pretty easy to bring mobs attack down to 1 which would make them pretty impotent as far as physical attacks go... wonder how much you can lower their mab... geo could make everyone a tank!

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Also, Dunna not stacking with Idris very well could be a bug. Unelonborro responded requesting more info and a few specific setups, but that response is far, far better than WAI. :D
    Considering the 2 COR rings don't stack, I'm not surprised that Dunna and Idris don't stack. The stronger effect prevails.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    Considering the 2 COR rings don't stack, I'm not surprised that Dunna and Idris don't stack. The stronger effect prevails.
    COR rings are mythic equivalents now, gotcha.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    the cor rings are piss easy to get compared to a geo mythic... the geo mythic should stack with the dunna.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Well, the GEO mythic should at least do something other than allow GEO to play its intended, albeit boring, role. Regardless whether or not it stacks with Dunna, the club is useful because it makes maintaining a Luopan viable. Assuming that's all it does, though, it's going to be an ergon version of Gjallarhorn when SE eventually fixes Geomancer so that non-ergon users can maintain Luopans.

Should test whether it gives a damage boost to its native WS (remember that you have to use another 119 club to compare to.)

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Should test whether it gives a damage boost to its native WS (remember that you have to use another 119 club to compare to.)
    On the agenda for tomorrow, as well as MDB and MAB tests. Geo/Thf on -1 lvl mobs best way to test it yeah?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast