+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Wayward Pines     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

Wayward Pines

http://www.fox.com/wayward-pines/

Is coming out early 2015 I believe.

Imagine the perfect American town... beautiful homes, manicured lawns, children playing safely in the streets. Now imagine never being able to leave. You have no communication with the outside world. You think you're going insane. You must be in Wayward Pines.

Based on the best-selling novel “Pines” by Blake Crouch and brought to life by suspenseful storyteller M. Night Shyamalan (“The Sixth Sense,” “Signs”), WAYWARD PINES is the intense new mind-bending 10-episode event thriller evocative of the classic hit “Twin Peaks.”

Secret Service Agent ETHAN BURKE (Academy Award nominee Matt Dillon, “Crash,” “City of Ghosts”) drives to the bucolic town of Wayward Pines, ID, searching for two missing federal agents. One of the best Secret Service agents in the Seattle office, he's the man who knew missing agent KATE HEWSON (Carla Gugino, “Watchmen,” “Entourage”) better than anyone. They were more than partners; their relationship nearly destroyed Ethan's marriage.

Everything changes when a truck slams into his car…and he wakes up in the Wayward Pines Hospital, with the intense and unpredictable NURSE PAM (Academy Award and Emmy Award winner Melissa Leo, “The Fighter,” “Treme”) at his bedside. It soon appears that Pam is more interested in harming than healing. She and Ethan grow into deadly rivals, and her role in the town proves much deeper than anyone realizes.

As the mysteries within the town pile up, Ethan starts to question his own sanity. He is confronted by the mysterious and charismatic DR. JENKINS (Emmy Award nominee Toby Jones, “The Girl,” the “Harry Potter” franchise), the psychiatrist who treats him at Wayward Pines Hospital. As he begins to meet some of the local residents, including toymaker HAROLD BALLINGER (Reed Diamond, “24,” “Much Ado About Nothing”), Ethan forms a bond with BEVERLY (Academy Award and Emmy Award nominee Juliette Lewis, “Hysterical Blindness,” “Cape Fear”), a bartender who is as wary of Wayward Pines as he is.

Back home in Seattle, Ethan's wife, THERESA BURKE (Shannyn Sossamon, “40 Days and 40 Nights,” “How to Make It in America”), a former Secret Service Agent trainee, is informed by Ethan's boss, ADAM HASSLER (Tim Griffin, “Prime Suspect”), that early testing shows Ethan was never in the car which was recovered on the side of the road outside of Wayward Pines. They're still investigating. But this isn't enough for Theresa. So she sets out on her own search for her husband, along with their teenage son, BEN (Charlie Tahan, “The Harvest,” “Charlie St. Cloud”).

Meanwhile, Ethan is challenged at every turn by the town's die-hard residents, especially SHERIFF ARNOLD POPE (Academy Award nominee Terrence Howard, “Crash,” “Hustle & Flow”), who takes offense at a Secret Service agent showing up on his turf. Ethan's continuing investigation only turns up more and more questions, and each one leads him to the most important question of all: What's wrong with Wayward Pines?

WAYWARD PINES is a production of FX Productions. The series was developed for television by Chad Hodge (“The Playboy Club,” “Runaway”) and executive-produced by M. Night Shyamalan, Donald De Line (“Green Lantern,” “The Italian Job”), Hodge and Ashwin Rajan (“After Earth,” “Devil”). Hodge wrote and Shyamalan directed the premiere episode.
    I am really looking forward to this series. If you are a fan of thriller/mystery/suspense novels, I would give reading the books this show is based off of a shot. The third one is coming out on July 15th.

The author is Blake Crouch and his website is http://www.blakecrouch.com/books.shtml#pines if you want to take a look. The first book is named "Pines".

sounds bit like Silent Hill

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

I'd be cautious considering Shyamalan's involved. And it does sound a lot like Silent Hill. Although without the raging horror going on.

I Have The Clap Again
    BG Level

Doesn't sound shit like silent hill

BG Level

Not at all like Silent Hill!

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Laugana View Post
    I'd be cautious considering Shyamalan's involved.
    My first thought. Story sounds good though.

Sounds interesting and I like some of the people involved, but I haven't liked anything Shamalamdingdong has done since Unbreakable. I'll wait to hear others views; Or if I have nothing better to watch.

BG Level

Just an update - FOX will be showing the preview/premiere tonight at midnight! It will stay up for one week.

http://deadline.com/2015/04/wayward-...ox-1201415063/

(Global Premiere May 14th)

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Twin Peaks mixed with Silent Hill. Of course since it's M Knight S, it's going to have a twist where say everyone is a ghost or something.

I've read a review of it a while back and the reviewer pretty much said it's the typical M Night pile of crap. Very predictable and boring

Quote Originally Posted by Cichy View Post
    I've read a review of it a while back and the reviewer pretty much said it's the typical M Night pile of crap. Very predictable and boring
    After what he did to Airbender, I refuse to watch anything he touches.

BG Level

Can watch the first episode here: http://www.fox.com/watch/43251769996...lleps_2015_001

Watched it just now:

Spoiler: show
    Pam was excellent - way older than I imagined her than in the books - but her acting was spot on. When she threatened to inject Ethan down to the bone (and did it), I was like yup, this is the Pam that I know.

BG Level

Anyone else watching this? Episode 2 was pretty crazy.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Pam definitely is awesome.

I really enjoyed episode one and episode two was also quite good, but the decisions the various characters made had me scratching my head more than once.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lepetit89 View Post
    Pam definitely is awesome.

I really enjoyed episode one and episode two was also quite good, but the decisions the various characters made had me scratching my head more than once.
    Two things that bothered me:

Beverley's acting was pretty bad at times.

The scene where Ethan was cutting the chip out of his legs - he grunted in pain like it was almost nothing - yet Beverley stabbed half the fucking knife into his leg...

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by bori View Post
    Two things that bothered me:

Beverley's acting was pretty bad at times.

The scene where Ethan was cutting the chip out of his legs - he grunted in pain like it was almost nothing - yet Beverley stabbed half the fucking knife into his leg...
    I suppose that's Secret Service for you!

Didn't notice anything off with the acting, but I can't really tell anyway. Could certainly tell that she was breaking down, though.

Latest episode had me rolling my eyes at Ben, but the boy sure redeemed himself. Theresa did the exact opposite, though.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

One thing that bothered me:
    pines is an anagram for penis

...but wayward isn't really an anagram for much of anything.
    I got:
    * w raw day
    * ward way (stupid)
    * war dawy (wat?)
    * wa yr wad?

There are just too many fucking ws and not enough unique vowels. I want a show rename.

BG Level

Finally came around and watched episode 4 and

From the glimpse of what I saw of the Abby - looks just like how I imagined them.

BG Level

Fantastic episode - huge reveal about the story - and everyone's mind is blown.

Anyone not watching this is missing out!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

omgggg this shit crazy