+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Any info on input lag with vsync on vs off yet? Getting pretty bad tearing with it off.

EDIT: It's not as bad after changing it from borderless to fullscreen.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Since it's UE you might be able to kill triple buffering in a config file

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

No word on testing yet on the PC version but it has about 6.2~ frames on XBox1 which is probably the closest counterpart with vysnc on.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Where da fook is Lei Wulong!?

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

No Anna, Armor King, Lei, Marduk, Julia, or Wang

Still an insane variety of characters, and zero clones

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Fuck, may end up picking this up, because i'd like to play a 3D fighter eventually. I haven't played a tekken since 3, and i wasn't even good, i just ate shit and didn't know anything about how combos worked, etc. I played Hwoarang, and Bryan in T3, how much different are they in this game? I'd like to pick up Xiaoyu, King, and possibly Asuka as well.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

System changes aside, Hwoarang and Bryan are the same characters they've always been and are both S tier characters in this version. They are both pretty technical characters however, and maybe not the best choice if you're jumping back into things after a decade+ away from the series.

Among the characters you mentioned, Asuka is the easiest to play but also the weakest I believe. Not that tier lists really matter (outside of the fact that Gigas and Chloe fucking suck ass) since Jack is considered on the low end, yet Saint fucking tears shit up with him every tournament.

The latter half of this article has a decent breakdown of which characters to play depending on your playstyles- http://www.avoidingthepuddle.com/new...-tier-lis.html I don't know how seriously I take the tierlists tho since it's from Japanese players and not our Korean overlords. I do fucking love that Paul is 100% viable in this version. 20 years of optimal spacing for Deathfist punishes paying off yeah boy.

EDIT: HOLY SHIT. Modders digging thru the files found that they're gonna be adding in Tekken Bowl. So. Fucking. Hype.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    Still an insane variety of characters, and zero clones
    ...eh.

I mean, if we are using "clones" in the same sense of SF shotos and MK ninjas, aren't Mishimas, Law/Lee, Jack/Kuma/Panda each part of a clone branch just like Nina/Anna, King/Armor King, Hwoarang/Baek, Yoshi/Kuni, Eddy/Christie?

You can say that they have more differences than commonalities now, but that also applies to Ryu/Ken/Akuma at this point.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Half of those characters aren't in this game. Lee has almost nothing in common with law since tekken 4. Jack isn't very similar to kuma/panda either.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Yes, all of the characters after "just like" are examples of previous Tekken clone sets that are not currently in TK7.

I was specifically referring to "Mishimas, Law/Lee, Jack/Kuma/Panda." If we're still going to call shotos "clones" (when they don't even have the same normals anymore) then wouldn't the same apply to those characters? And if we aren't, if shotos no longer qualify as "clones" then what does that term even mean today?

What I'm ultimately getting at is that "clones" is not a very useful metric, both because 1) it's pretty fuzzy when originally cloned characters become different enough to stop being "clones" and 2) it doesn't really mean anything anyway.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm using it in the sense of palette/model swaps, which has been a long standing tradition of the series.

And lumping the entire Mishima clan into clones, come on man. Those characters haven't played anything alike for over a decade outside of the technical requirement to perform EWGF.

Also Nina/Anna have been distinct characters for years, as have King/Armor King.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    And lumping the entire Mishima clan into clones, come on man. Those characters haven't played anything alike for over a decade outside of the technical requirement to perform EWGF.
    I'm referring to Dragon Uppercut/WGF/hellsweep, which are basically what identify characters as a "Mishima."

When was the last time Ryu and Ken played alike?

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

They did just release another version of SF2, so like 2 weeks ago?

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Ryu and Ken don't even play the same in ST, so they definitely don't in USF2.

But yeah, this was my point: the definition of a "clone" is completely arbitrary. I think even you agree that the characters I listed above all started as clones, so the question is when they became different enough to be considered unique. Even in ST, Ken is about throw loop shenanigans and short-short-super while Ryu is about hardcore zoning.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

So the matchmaking seems fucked right now, but the netcode itself seems pretty damn solid. Had a number of games vs koreans from NY without noticable lag.

Leader of the Brain Eating Space Monkeys
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Never played a Tekken game using an Xbox controller, how does it feel compared to a PS controller?

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Xbox one dpad is actually quite good.

Leader of the Brain Eating Space Monkeys
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Tried it last night and i was dropping combos left, right and center. Might see if I can get my PS3 controller working on my PC. Otherwise ill have to undo 15+years of muscle memory

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content