FFXIV Character
    Thulius Deorum
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    snip
    I was directing that more at JCVD than you because lol @ "fraud god" but really, the idea that playing the cheap stuff makes any player bad is mystifying. SF4 may have kept a pretty strong overall balance since super but there's still always a clear top tier. It's been this way in literally every iteration, and people whose play styles mesh well with the current top tiers always do well.

It's pretty obvious that the top tier finally shifting from 50/50, OS filled "setplay" to heavy footsies and "lame" play is going to change the landscape. That's the way the game is now, why expect people not to play it?

Theory Fighter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Frejan Schultz
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I remember when playing footsies well was the mark of a good SF player, now it's considered "boring" and "lame". But, anyway, it happens with all styles of play when they get dominant: suddenly, what was cool, like crazy setups and vortexes after a knockdown, gets used and used by everyone, not the one or two pioneers of that style, and people start booing it. Fireball zoning, footsies, long, technical combos, setplays... Everything is prone to being labeled boring or lame or whatever.

I guess that boils down to people wanting variety and excitement, not knowing what's going to be used, but that hardly happens in an established competitive environment, what's better is what's going to be used.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Thulius View Post
    I was directing that more at JCVD than you because lol @ "fraud god" but really, the idea that playing the cheap stuff makes any player bad is mystifying. SF4 may have kept a pretty strong overall balance since super but there's still always a clear top tier. It's been this way in literally every iteration, and people whose play styles mesh well with the current top tiers always do well.

It's pretty obvious that the top tier finally shifting from 50/50, OS filled "setplay" to heavy footsies and "lame" play is going to change the landscape. That's the way the game is now, why expect people not to play it?
    I think you misunderstood my meaning of 'bad'

Like, I don't mean bad as in skill because Xian, Gamerbee, Infiltration, etc are all great, and Sako's superb.

Hay guyz, I was Shinebox but now I'm not!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Don Katsu
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

If I had to put a skill level on Elena's.

Sako is the best one. Gamerbee next. Everyone else's is shit. You can tell because Gamerbee doesn't use U2 in every match up either but he uses U2 more than Sako.

While she does well against Fei Long. U2 Elena seems like a good counterpick character against certain types of players. She doesn't work on Bonchan and Momochi at all.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Official CapCup bracket

http://challonge.com/capcom_cup_2015

Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

BG Level

Oh man, Gustavo.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Katsu View Post
    If I had to put a skill level on Elena's.

Sako is the best one. Gamerbee next. Everyone else's is shit. You can tell because Gamerbee doesn't use U2 in every match up either but he uses U2 more than Sako.

While she does well against Fei Long. U2 Elena seems like a good counterpick character against certain types of players. She doesn't work on Bonchan and Momochi at all.
    The fuck?? Trash as irrelevant jwong just recently beat momochis Ken with his pocket elena, forcing momo to switch to eryu.

Elena doesn't only hard counter fei. She hard counters the entire ground game of sf4. Her long range, high low mix up from said long range, her ridiculously safe half screen slide, bitch is safe on block almost in everything, plus frames out the ass, fast walkspeed and.....

Healing. Dumbest fkn concept in a game that rewards you with ultra meter for getting hit. Say it out loud and see if that shit makes sense.

"If I get hit, I get rewarded with...my life back?? Lololol"

There is no character stronger than Elena on the ground. She is AE feilong with a fucking healing ultra.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Jefe View Post
    Oh man, Gustavo.
    If he gets passed Kazu, he will beat ProblemX or Luffy.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

He's beaten Kazu before I think?

Theory Fighter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Frejan Schultz
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by JeanClaudVanDamme View Post
    The fuck?? Trash as irrelevant jwong just recently beat momochis Ken with his pocket elena, forcing momo to switch to eryu.

Elena doesn't only hard counter fei. She hard counters the entire ground game of sf4. Her long range, high low mix up from said long range, her ridiculously safe half screen slide, bitch is safe on block almost in everything, plus frames out the ass, fast walkspeed and.....

Healing. Dumbest fkn concept in a game that rewards you with ultra meter for getting hit. Say it out loud and see if that shit makes sense.

"If I get hit, I get rewarded with...my life back?? Lololol"

There is no character stronger than Elena on the ground. She is AE feilong with a fucking healing ultra.
    While I agree with your general assessment of Elena, she actually has very little moves that are plus on block. On the top of my head only standing HK, but there may be one or two more. In fact, one of the initial complaints when she was just released was that she was very unsafe on block, or at least didn't have good positive on block moves to pressure with. Right now we know that those arguments are not relevant enough because the distance at where she can throw those moves makes up for the lack of frame advantage, but it's still a fact she doesn't have good frame advantage on her moves.

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    He's beaten Kazu before I think?
    He lost winners and grand finals to him at CEO, but barely both times

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Taim Meich View Post
    While I agree with your general assessment of Elena, she actually has very little moves that are plus on block. On the top of my head only standing HK, but there may be one or two more. In fact, one of the initial complaints when she was just released was that she was very unsafe on block, or at least didn't have good positive on block moves to pressure with. Right now we know that those arguments are not relevant enough because the distance at where she can throw those moves makes up for the lack of frame advantage, but it's still a fact she doesn't have good frame advantage on her moves.
    Like you said, this is all distance based. It is like saying Akuma's sweep isn't very good because if you use it at point blank range they can punish it on block. It is a fantastic moved when used at the correct spacing. Elena's lights are combo-able, fast, safe, and lead to big damage and knockdowns into easy Ultra 2.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I have returned! (yeah I know noone actually noticed or cared that I didn't post for a few months). Anyway, I have a favor to ask.

Are there any confirmed PC -AND- PS4 compatible sticks yet? From my own research the Hori Real Arcade Pro 4 is, but that's only one source, on reddit. Gonna play SFV on PC to begin with at the very least but always nice to be able to use on a PS4 as well. Intel Z97 chipset on mah mb if it's relevant.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Tohmane View Post
    I have returned! (yeah I know noone actually noticed or cared that I didn't post for a few months). Anyway, I have a favor to ask.

Are there any confirmed PC -AND- PS4 compatible sticks yet? From my own research the Hori Real Arcade Pro 4 is, but that's only one source, on reddit. Gonna play SFV on PC to begin with at the very least but always nice to be able to use on a PS4 as well. Intel Z97 chipset on mah mb if it's relevant.
    if u look in the SF5 thread they 6Souls just posted all the new Madcatz sticks coming out for it would prob start looking around. Could ask markman on twitter or something

also wb

also fuck ex CoD lol

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shidobu View Post
    somebody just posted

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    fixed it for you baby

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tohmane View Post

All of the Madcatz TE2 for PS4 work on PC.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shidobu View Post
    fixed it for you baby
    Aww, how sweet honey.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Sweet, thanks.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Unless they change something it likely won't work by default with the PC version of V since it only recognizes Xinput