A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

lol eat a dick. i almost bought the latest blazblu when it was on sale... then the nope train hit me. "im not gonna play it or even try to get gud"

THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shiroe Blackrose
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Keep in mind that Xrd has that Mission mode that actually goes through all the mechanics and shows you how to actually implement them.

For god sakes, the game teaches you how to grab Bursts.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by The Blackrose View Post
    Keep in mind that Xrd has that Mission mode that actually goes through all the mechanics and shows you how to actually implement them.

For god sakes, the game teaches you how to grab Bursts.
    Wait holy shit i can like posts on tapatalk?? But yea man, basically this, i think the hardest strategy is baiting bursts, but combos are just super muscle memory with some situational exceptions.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by shidobu View Post
    lol eat a dick. i almost bought the latest blazblu when it was on sale... then the nope train hit me. "im not gonna play it or even try to get gud"
    we got my older brother a PS4 for christmas this year, went out to get some more games yesterday and he picked up BBCPEX on sale. after messing around with it at his place, i'm super tempted to go out and get it for myself but ugh, with SFV coming out in like 2 months i know i'm not gonna be able to commit to it.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Moridam View Post
    with SFV coming out in like 2 months i know i'm not gonna be able to commit to it.
    this too. But thing with sf5 imo theres not alot of "dept" atm feel like it will take people months to get to the highest lvl of sf5.. instead of years like it was with sf4 (outside re-visions and nerfs/buffs)

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I think Cali already mentioned but I'll enjoy not having to put much effort into V to get at least competent at it.

Unless there's drastic changes to the gameplay at release I've already got all the combos I'd need with Nash/Karin down, and it'd just be a matter of learning the matchups/setups

Ninja Ninja
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Noemi Rondain
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Yeah. I really like the change to a larger emphasis on good decision making over tight execution on top of good decision making. I mean, sure, you have videos like that Birdie one where he's just kicking at Necalli, but this game is still in Beta. It's not even released yet.

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

eh it's too far to the extreme imo. Rewarding good decisions is great but the game doesn't offer a lot if you're an execution-minded player.

On paper the easier execution gives newer players an easier time catching up but I think in practice it actually makes it even worse. In SF4 if you have decent hands and reactions you can make up experience gaps, I think in practice though V will just be new players getting shit on by experienced ones with nothing to level the playing field.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shiroe Blackrose
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

FYI, come the turn of the new year I'm locking this thread and making a new one. We're about due.

Taking any and all subtitle suggestions.

EDIT: In the meantime, Professor over at Madman's translated a new piece from Famitsu. Has info on why SNK got out of the pachislot business and more.

http://www.mmcafe.com/cgi-bin/forums...71.shtml#72221

– New Pachislot regulations are one of the main reasons why SNKP decided to switch back to gaming. New releases of Pachislot machines were going to need huge changes, and when they laid down their business plans they decided it may be better to focus their resources back to gaming
    – Noguchi: “Even as of now, we’re better known as a game company than a pachislot company. People still talk about us (as a game company) when we say our name.”
    – When SNKP took their IPs into consideration, they decided that going back into the gaming business and taking advantage of their IP would probably be better. Also, their smartphone and Steam stuff were doing well and it helped push things in that decision
    Rest is over on MMCafe.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

EVO 2016: Bring deodorant and febreeze

Ninja Ninja
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Noemi Rondain
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

That's not bad.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

EVO 2016: SFV - Does anyone even want to go anymore?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Wasn't SNK bought by some chinese company? I figured that was the reason they shifted gears. Was kof14 already in development at that point?

Hay guyz, I was Shinebox but now I'm not!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Don Katsu
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    This is what I am wondering. I see people saying they are excited about 5 but these are all players that have gotten exposed in other games ESPECIALLY SFIV.

I mean I know ______ thinks he's going to do spectacular because it doesn't play like IV but this guy also got bodied at SFxT, when he tried that competitively.

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    me and TBR, but we collect paychecks for going lol

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

I fly out to Tokyo May 11th, so I would rather drop the extra 1-2G I normally would at EVO in Japan...SFV has killed the hype for me, sadly.

Edit: Speaking of, I guess I'll be playing SF4 in the arcade BECAUSE SFV DROPPED THE BALL ON THAT TOO.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shiroe Blackrose
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by fantasticdan View Post
    Wasn't SNK bought by some chinese company? I figured that was the reason they shifted gears. Was kof14 already in development at that point?
    No idea when KOF14 started development. Otherwise yes, they were sold.

Word for a while has been that the pachislot business has been seeing a trend of decreased profits (which makes Konami's semi-recent clusterfuck even more baffling). That combined with new regulation made it seem like a good time to get out.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shiroe Blackrose
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle