+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: The Strain (FX)     submit to reddit submit to twitter

GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Souj View Post
    The books worth reading? I was at Barnes and Nobles earlier and almost picked up the first one but the cover of the book was pimping the show and they didn't have the original book with the original cover so I didn't get it lol
    hate that shit. like I don't want Sean Bean on my GoT book either, or Elijah Wood on my LoTR

it's Barnes and Noble btw.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

really liking this show a lot

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

Spoiler: show
    The infected kind of remind me of the infected you see in Resident Evil 4. Especially in the end of episode 3. Pretty awesome.

^they very similar to Blade 2 vamps but I guess GDT directed that so he used his own vamp idea?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Dunno if I would want to be a vampire if vampires looked like these haha.

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I swear Eph is Neo. Mad dodging skills.

Was Abraham just waiting in the basement for someone to get attacked? lol. It's one of those shows where you can't think about it too hard.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Odesseiron View Post
    I swear Eph is Neo. Mad dodging skills.

Was Abraham just waiting in the basement for someone to get attacked? lol. It's one of those shows where you can't think about it too hard.
    Spoiler: show
    Let's say he had the same idea to go investigate the French people's house to see if the little girl was there, attempted to kill her, failed, and then hid till he could think of another plan. XD makes sense mirite?

GATTACA!

BG Level

I don't fucking understand character reactions in this show.

Wife checks for infected husband in shed, he leaps out within inches of her face yet she doesn't back away at all, even as he repeatedly tells her he wants to rip her throat. She is easily within arms reach the entire time, but only runs away after he tells her for a 7th time to gtfo.

Eph and sidekick woman go to check on French dad and daughter. They have already had a run in with pilot guy in monster form and were nearly killed. They see the daughter, who they know was previously dead, yet they continue to approach her without much caution. She leaps at them and shoots out her tentacle thing, barely missing them. Just before she kills them, old guy beheads little girl. Sidekick's reaction?

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! We have protocols!"

This show has a lot going for it but come the fuck on.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

I got to agree with you. The reactions of the "normal" people are absolutely terrible. Everything else is freaking awesome.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

no kidding, at least go into the house holdign a trashcan lid to block the tongues or something. Tennis racket maybe.

BG Level

Next weeks episode looks good.

E. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    I got to agree with you. The reactions of the "normal" people are absolutely terrible. Everything else is freaking awesome.
    I was going to dissent here but after this week's episode I'm in agreement with you. My initial argument would've been these people have absolutely no idea what's going on and are watching a crazy old man behead a little girl that just tried to eat them. I get how the reaction, especially from the female character, could be one of concern and protocols and whatever the fuck.

But in this episode, we heard Eph mention vampires, which means that lore/fiction/history clearly exists in the context of the show. That being the case, it's fucking ridiculous that Eph, his dumb sidekick, whoever, had such a tough time buying the "these people are way more than just sick and need to be burned" argument that Abraham has proposed.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

It is still the best shit on TV right now after Masterchef :D tehe

Quote Originally Posted by Saga View Post
    I was going to dissent here but after this week's episode I'm in agreement with you. My initial argument would've been these people have absolutely no idea what's going on and are watching a crazy old man behead a little girl that just tried to eat them. I get how the reaction, especially from the female character, could be one of concern and protocols and whatever the fuck.

But in this episode, we heard Eph mention vampires, which means that lore/fiction/history clearly exists in the context of the show. That being the case, it's fucking ridiculous that Eph, his dumb sidekick, whoever, had such a tough time buying the "these people are way more than just sick and need to be burned" argument that Abraham has proposed.
    I hear you but seriously, If that happened to you, you would just jump on an accept vampires as real right a way? Especially doctors, grounded in science who were trained to save people first and foremost.

I duno to me it seemed pretty realistic in that context. The spidey like reflexes of eph though, that's another story lol

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Just cause you're grounded in science doesn't mean you cant believe vampires can exist. Not like he hasn't seen and witnessed and even cut one up first hand.

Quote Originally Posted by macross View Post
    Just cause you're grounded in science doesn't mean you cant believe vampires can exist. Not like he hasn't seen and witnessed and even cut one up first hand.
    I duno If the old dude had not said anything or approached them, or even mentioned vampire, old, the master. They could have thought Alien, zombie, or anything, cus these shits look nothing like what we would consider vampires anyway. Seriously would vampire be the first thing you would believe these things are? Grounded in science really had nothing to do with them not believing but how fast they accepted what is being told to them.

Season of the Siccness
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sicc Ward
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Every time the show ends it's "fuck!... another week"

I thought the Rat King was in on it at first but... I'm starting to dig his character. I like how they have these huge lead-ins for some sort of rag tag supergroup of vampire slayers.

Have to concede on the reactions. The first few abnormal things were shocking and still pretty scientific, they find these parasitic worms and of course want to attribute people's behavior to being infected. After the Pilot though, all that shit is a wrap.

Eph's story got a lot better in the end of this episode, him going rogue, throwing that cliche beanie on and starting his dissent was good.

I don't know which direction they're going but seems like since Lady Doctor is saddled with her dementia'd, Alzheimer's, w/e mother for the duration, it's going to be some survivor horror things going on for them. Could be some comic relief in there.

Also, Eph used Martial Arts to beat alcoholism, hence he can dodge tentacle tongues.

Oh didnt know about the martial arts must have missed it. Well then I guess its fine now! lol

BG Level

Definitely can't overthink this show lol. Both the little cancer-wife having guy and the head of the CDC have had more than enough evidence to start pushing for some kind of mass quarantine - as far as science is concerned, anyway. The autopsy/seeing captain in action or the video would have been enough for anyone to take the happenings seriously. I reconciled with it by assuming the CDC head is just an asshole, knows what's going on, and is just going to flee the country or something instead of fighting for the quarantine. And the little guy's a fgt that nobody listens to, idk.

I do still like it a lot and definitely get the "fuck, another week" feel. Could just be because it's moving along kind of slow, but whatever. I dig the idea of pest control guy + spanish gangbanger + goodweather + lady doc + old man slaying vampires and can't wait until they all get together

Hope this show gets more money thrown at it as time goes on as the effects are less than what I'm used to <_< master vampires hands in the barracks were literally all rubber and not pose-able

I don't get why people are picking this show apart when they give Walking Dead free pass