+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: The Strain (FX)     submit to reddit submit to twitter

If the zombie apocalypse were to happen this is the reason why it would spread, no one would believe it because of muh science until it was too late

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cichy View Post
    I don't get why people are picking this show apart when they give Walking Dead free pass
    Walking dead's been around for a while and it improved over time. I'm pretty sure most shows like this suck really really hard in the first few episodes relative to what they become. I can't be sure but it has to be some combination of money/writers' confidence to do ballsy things or special effects guys figuring out how to do it better after the nth time. I had to catch up with walking dead in season 3 and I thought I couldn't watch anymore after watching seasons 1/2

I doubt later they'll still do things like characters appearing from nowhere or strange disconnects like someone not believing there's a problem after seeing the leech worm thing attacking + autopsy, or a video of it. Or crappy special effects. WD definitely improved its special effects over the seasons. Same with game of thrones, imo (dragons, not skeletons though lol)

So far I think everyone "picking it apart" has high hopes and is enjoying it. I like making fun of the weird shit after the episodes though

Season of the Siccness
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sicc Ward
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Takiwaki View Post
    Oh didnt know about the martial arts must have missed it. Well then I guess its fine now! lol
    Naw, I totally made that up. lol An attempt at humor and a play on my justifications to keep loving this show. But! if it comes to be true, I'm something like a genius.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

I don't get why people are picking this show apart when they give Walking Dead free pass
    This. People are way overthinking this series. Take it for what it is. It's entertaining as fuck!

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

The only thing that has given me pause so far was how Ansel(?)'s wife managed to hang herself on the staircase when the ceiling was like 20 feet up and not a ladder was in sight lol.

Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Xerlic View Post
    The only thing that has given me pause so far was how Ansel(?)'s wife managed to hang herself on the staircase when the ceiling was like 20 feet up and not a ladder was in sight lol.
    Before finding Christ, she worked at the rodeo and was a professional lasso performer.

Season of the Siccness
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sicc Ward
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Dimmauk View Post
    Before finding Christ, she worked at the rodeo and was a professional lasso performer.
    This guy gets it!

Season of the Siccness
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sicc Ward
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

A friend of mine got the Audio Books after the first few episodes. They're read by Ron Perlman which is kind of cool but he calls Eph "Eeph" like leaf w/o the L...

Seems like a huge design flaw, I'm irritated just thinking about it.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Just finished book 2 and about to start 3. This show gonna have a lot of good potential if they keep up with the plot of the texts.

All hell is breaking loose.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Xerlic View Post
    I just figured she tied the rope to a banister on the second floor.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

oh shittttttttttttttttt i cannot wait for the next episode

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

One thing that irked me: how did that other CDC guy not think it was a bad idea to dump the body in the river?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

lol i didn't even realize it. i kind of missed that part though. where'd the body come from?

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by kisada View Post
    lol i didn't even realize it. i kind of missed that part though. where'd the body come from?
    It was the one from the hospital they did the autopsy on. They were removing the evidence. The first thing I thought of was "Samwise, you idiot! For dumping a diseased dead body in a river"

Formerly Raitoken
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

Ugh so many things I can say about that show. It's still decent but yea,...

So I'm wondering about what might happen to these people after the worms infest them for a while. Will we see stages of infection turning them into something more dangerous? Also why is the old guy(bud guy in the suit, forgot his name) different than the mindless bloodsuckers? I'm sure we will find answers soon but that's whats on my mind.

Also the woman who hung herself could have, like someone else said, did it from the 2nd story balcony or stood on the railing/window sill and then jumped.

Just gets better and better.

I like where this is going

OK wow, this is gooood! Opposing factions..

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

WHAT in the FUCK is going on now, cobra commander is on our side?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast