Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

People in NYC are conditioned to keep our heads down and mind our own shit. At first I thought it was weird that nobody was paying any mind to the obvious vampires walking around at night, but I'd probably do the same thing if I saw someone dressed up like that on the streets.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

That's what I don't get.

Supposedy cellphone services and internet is down, and yet both cellphones and internet works when it's convenient in the show.

Even looking past that, are you telling me that in today's age when everyone has a smartphone, no one has caught a video or a picture of the vampires attacking people in the street and given it to the news to, you know, warn people? Not to mention calling the news with what you've seen - oh wait, that's right, phones aren't working despite the characters in the show calling and texting each other. Especially if it's as severe and common out on the streets as the show makes it seem. Let's be realistic and say that vampires and zombies isn't the first thing you think of, you'd still stay off the streets to be safe and assume it's some kind of rabies or something.

Don't get me wrong - I love the show - I just feel like if you're going to rely on the plot point of the "disease" spreading unnoticed because of internet and cellphones being down, it shouldn't magically work when convenient. Despite enjoying the show, all of the small little flaws makes me cringe every time I see them.

Cards don't work? Pay with cash. But oh, it works in the gas machine! Can't call and text friends and family to warn them? Don't worry, I'm out looking for your mom, just text me if there's a problem. Internet not working? Not an issue, I'll just use the internet to find my mom's phone. People walking around the streets with blood all over their clothes and mouths? Oh, don't mind me, I'm just taking a leisure stroll towards them. Don't mind me while it's running towards me snarling.

I can completely get behind landlines still working, but if you're going to bring the cellphones down, don't rely on cellphones to communicate. and make it a convenient solution to certain problems in the script. Just break in to some store and steal some walkie talkies or some other form of radio communication. Problem solved. You can now communicate over a 10 mile radius or longer, and you can even communicate over an encrypted bandwidth so that the cops can't hear you if you're worried about that - and it would be nigh-impossible to locate you.

Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

I kinda don't understand how cell phones don't work.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Apparently her hacker Group took down a backbone. Not sure how that is supposed to affect cell phones, but she takes great pride in her work of stopping internet and cell phones.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I don't think you can really "stop" them without doing something to transmitters, but you can probably affect them adversely (e.g. overload?) to the point when they will be barely working.

Season of the Siccness
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sicc Ward
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

This doesn't detract from whats being said but the plan was to bog down the internet/cell services to make it harder to share pics and videos. It all still works, just with really really shitty service.

Even though the shows been on for like 10 weeks, its only been a few days in their time.

Because of those reasons I haven't put too much worry in that plot point. Like I said though, I don't disagree that its been convenient. I'm just not sure how much it matters. Now that the vampires are stalking the streets, the cat is out of the bag. They just needed to stifle communication while they spread the "disease" and that part is done.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

I hope this grandma dies, she is so fucking annoying

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

Holy crap, that nest!

nice, next episode we gonna see the commando vamps and ze german again

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Finally. I wanna know more about those vampire hunting vampires. How are they disconnected from the hive mind? Different father or something? Lotsa questions.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

old lady needs to die.
    also the little son needs to die too, as do all kids in shows, like in falling skies. Oh and carl in walking dead.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Just looked it up, only two more episodes left for this season. Was already renewed for season 2 however.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Stupid kids and their iphones.

Really want the PR kid to join forces with rat king and old man. and getting tired of Dr. Ephraim wish he died lol. He so fkn selfish and almost cost whole team of death.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Oh fuck that tunnel scene. I think I'd just let myself get eaten than crawl in there.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by tylerderdin4 View Post
    Really want the PR kid to join forces with rat king and old man. and getting tired of Dr. Ephraim wish he died lol. He so fkn selfish and almost cost whole team of death.
    I didn't read the books so I dunno the extent of vampire powers being incorporated, but I did play VTM in my younger years. Vampire seduction and mind tricks are very powerful forces to resist. It's how they get laid and shit.

In short; bitch failed his will save.

Season of the Siccness
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sicc Ward
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Man... When is Vatos Locos gonna join the squad?.. Homeboy is on point, they need him. We keep getting these little teaser meet-ups.

Quote Originally Posted by Siccmade View Post
    Man... When is Vatos Locos gonna join the squad?.. Homeboy is on point, they need him. We keep getting these little teaser meet-ups.
    Soon they have to meet due to the Clock situation, when his brother stole it from the Old man. and Vatos returned it to Old man

Season of the Siccness
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sicc Ward
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Yeah, he returned the clock and I was thinking that was going to lead to the team-up and then in the store he bumped into the terrible kid who refuses to put his phone in his pocket. It's all so close...

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

omg the vampire in the tunnel is the stuff of nightmares. so freaky

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast