Closed Thread
Page 11 of 737 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast
    I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Sucks, all my strongest and rare weapons are melee >_<
    I've been using Silver Harp on Tyro and Longbow++ on Wakka. Both are 3*, but the Harp provides more MND letting Tyro heal as well as provide ranged damage (however small it may be).

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Yeah I didn't level Tyro, now I regret it lol

I'll be going in with Wakka with a bow and BLM for levels 60 and 65.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Yeah I didn't level Tyro, now I regret it lol

I'll be going in with Wakka with a bow and BLM for levels 60 and 65.
    I started using him yesterday in anticipation after reading about the event on Reddit. He's at 20 now and Tidus at 19. BLM, WAR, RNG, BRD etc are all useless to me.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I read a bit on the two ranged bosses, and it looks like 4 casts of Thundara (Rydia) and 4 casts of Thunder Strike (Wakka) are more than enough to kill them. So if you don't already have Tyro and / or Black Mage leveled, they're probably not necessary.

I'm going to try the bosses before Sunday, and only level Tyro and Black Mage if I need them.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Anakron View Post
    I read a bit on the two ranged bosses, and it looks like 4 casts of Thundara (Rydia) and 4 casts of Thunder Strike (Wakka) are more than enough to kill them. So if you don't already have Tyro and / or Black Mage leveled, they're probably not necessary.

I'm going to try the bosses before Sunday, and only level Tyro and Black Mage if I need them.
    Wakka can't use Thunder Strike apparently :/

My plan for that encounter was to put Protect on Tyro and Thunder Strike on Wakka, but apparently I can't do that.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

w00t I got Tifa. that boss nearly killed me though; I probably won't get Sephiroth before the event is over. I figure he'll come back around again... and anyway, Tifa is my favorite VII character so I'm happy regardless. time to gear and grind her up, she will be a staple on my team.

Shinra dungeon is tits for mythril and orbs btw. it has the best reward/effort ratio BY FAR in the game. run it if you haven't!

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    w00t I got Tifa. that boss nearly killed me though; I probably won't get Sephiroth before the event is over. I figure he'll come back around again... and anyway, Tifa is my favorite VII character so I'm happy regardless. time to gear and grind her up, she will be a staple on my team.

Shinra dungeon is tits for mythril and orbs btw. it has the best reward/effort ratio BY FAR in the game. run it if you haven't!
    You can certainly get everyone up to par before it's over. Use the Sunday dungeon for exp and the dailies for gil, armor upgrades, and weapon upgrades. I started Sunday and my party is ~25. Most people doing the dungeon are ~30 and they're breezing through it. I got up to Floor 41 with very little issue and only stopped to upgrade weapons, abilities, and farm gil.

You have until April 12.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Wakka cant use Thunder Strike?! Shits useless for me then >_<

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Tokitoki View Post
    Wakka can't use Thunder Strike apparently :/

My plan for that encounter was to put Protect on Tyro and Thunder Strike on Wakka, but apparently I can't do that.
    Yep, you're right. He can't do Spellblade. I'll just go with 4 Thundaras on Rydia + Wakka normal attacks and see how that works.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Wakka cant use Thunder Strike?! Shits useless for me then >_<
    Wakka or Thunder Strike? You can use Thunder Strike for other bosses with Cloud and get a nice chunk of HP off.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Well I haven't had trouble with anything else. I've mostly been trying to prep myself for the ranged bosses because I am gonna have limited damage. Guess I'm gonna be trying 4 Thundaras + Wakka normal attacks as well.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Just checked the requirements to Hone Thundara... Back to farming up Lightning Orbs.

EDIT: Turns out I only need 2 Lightning Orbs, but need more Black Orbs. Ran the Normal Daily Orb dungeon which highlights "Lesser Black Orb," got all Minor stuff. GG S-E, GG.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ardreul Galawen
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Feel accomplished today:

Ran Easy and Normal of the ability orbs daily.
    Spammed Normal of the gil daily enough to get around 150k+
    Created a bunch of abilities.
    Did up to level 30 Shinra event and got Tifa.
    Got a badass 4 star sword from relic draw.

Looks like I'll be spending the rest of the day farming Normal gil dungeon. Then working on levels/ability orbs to get the last few abilities i want/need before trying to finish Shinra dungeon. This is pretty fun for a ftp game.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Just checked the requirements to Hone Thundara... Back to farming up Lightning Orbs.

EDIT: Turns out I only need 2 Lightning Orbs, but need more Black Orbs. Ran the Normal Daily Orb dungeon which highlights "Lesser Black Orb," got all Minor stuff. GG S-E, GG.
    Yeah I think its cheaper to just stick 2 Thundaras on the person for that fight specifically.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I think that's the way for all their dungeons. It was the same way on Monday and Tuesday.

Easy - occasional 1*
    Normal - often 1*, rare 2*
    Hard - often 2*, rare 3*

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I have yet to draw a single weapon from the rare draws. Only armor.

Nothing rank4 or higher, either.

I fucking hate random slot machine mechanics so much. Can I eventually upgrade my low star items to become higher star items, or does it not work like that? I'd it doesn't, then, blah.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Yeah I think its cheaper to just stick 2 Thundaras on the person for that fight specifically.
    I'd rather have a Honed Thundara and Thunder. My Thunder is already honed twice so I get 6 casts as a back up.

Going to fame up the Black orbs tomorrow in a classic dungeon. Forgot which offhand, but I think it'll be a better use of stamina.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Julian View Post
    I have yet to draw a single weapon from the rare draws. Only armor.

Nothing rank4 or higher, either.

I fucking hate random slot machine mechanics so much. Can I eventually upgrade my low star items to become higher star items, or does it not work like that? I'd it doesn't, then, blah.
    1 star caps at 3 star. 2 star at 4, etc.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I'd rather have a Honed Thundara and Thunder. My Thunder is already honed twice so I get 6 casts as a back up.

Going to fame up the Black orbs tomorrow in a classic dungeon. Forgot which offhand, but I think it'll be a better use of stamina.
    Me too but I'm not too big on grinding for it. Although it looks like I'm very close to honing it just from the Shinra dungeons ive done.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Demenic View Post
    Some of the equipment upgrades confuse me. How is a maxed 4-star spear outclassed in damage by a maxed 3-star knife?
    What were the weapons? Even though weapons gain stars and max levels after combining, their stat grow comes from their original tier.

Synergy bonus comes every 5 levels, so what was originally a level 5 2* weapon can be a level 15 4* weapon and gain two more ranks of synergy bonus, in which case they are quite competitive compared to a non-synergy 4*.

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 737 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast