Closed Thread
Page 721 of 737 FirstFirst ... 671 711 719 720 721 722 723 731 ... LastLast
    BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

tomorrow

I'm wondering what level to level Rikku to She's pretty useless but I don't want her low lv to give me problems for + ++ +++

Edit saw some videos, she will be fine at 50-51 back to lolpldcecil for XP!

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I've never had problem with 1 char being lvl 50 in bonus battles.

BG Level

my issue was mostly that my X synergy is shit but yeah i guess

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mist Monster
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Finally got expert (exdeath) with this setup. SG was my RW I might try again tomorrow but who knows. I obviously added the ring after the fact, but wanted to save the party. Also just got Rinoa RM3, so I can add that. Any other advice?

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Take Power Break off of Cloud and give him something like Launch or a Spellblade.

You have one too many cures going on there.

I'd be more specific but I don't know how many hones you have. Your setup looks fine otherwise.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Why did you bring SG RW if you have Thyrus and Boon? Put Mako Might and Mog's Teachings on Sazh and Yshtola and you can start the fight with SSII and Boon. That should allow you to keep Stoneskin up fulltime.

If Sazh has power Breakdown, Cloud doesn't need Power Break. They don't stack. Only stacks with Full break. Which I had on Sazh instead of Power breakdown.

This was my setup

Spoiler: show

You'll notice I skipped out on the extra healer in favor of more damage.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Okiru Sasayake
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Tossed my last 200 mythril into BSSB P5 hoping for SG/Terra BSSB and kind-of Selphie's SSB (only so I can get out of using stupid Rosa). Results:
    Tidus BSSB, Celes SSB, Selphie's SSB, some 5* FFIV gauntlets, Beatrix's Gauntlets, and some random 5* FXII spear. Not gonna complain even missing out on the 2 things I wanted most!

Also to the dude above; there's no reason you should have trouble beating Exdeath with that kind of gear. Use Dr. Mog's Teachings and Cloud's SB gauge RMs to start off with Boon + SS; bring RW as Hymn of the Faith or Lenna's AoE heal + Regen. Drop the extra cure for Carbuncle; use Carbuncle @ 50% and Hymn and of Faith x2 will handle your healing from there.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ikuni Kuni
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    I've never had problem with 1 char being lvl 50 in bonus battles.
    Likewise. I usually just run the required character through Sundaily, then egg to 50. Luckily they start calming down on required characters after Yuffie's event also.

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

I'm assuming if you got expert you lost two medals for actions taken? take power break off cloud, replace with armor or mental break. give cloud self sacrifice or dragoons determination RM. if you're using boon maybe give aerith carbuncle instead of shell so he damages himself (give sazh mako might to open with boon, can use dr. Mogs teachings on yshtola too). anything to shave off actions taken.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mist Monster
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

After watching a couple fight I think Carby is going to turn this fight around, it's at the end were I really have the problems with the single target spells. Surprisingly I don't have mako might or mogs teaching. I'll run Tyro through XP dungeons today, I seem to get a lot of those type of things there. I can't believe I don't have cloud's though. I'm pretty I level him to 80 without eggs. But I just realized I don't have Soldier Counter, so maybe that's why.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mist Monster
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I'm going to try to get the 2 RW's I'm missing. and SS will be changed to a healing/regen RW.

Other wise I'm going in with this. I don't have the orbs to upgrade anything any further though, so what you see is what I have.

I really appreciate all the help, I can't remember what everything does and really haven't had problems with a fight until now (I have a ton of elite DU's to go though, so it's good to learn)

BG Level

That'll work much better. I would really try to get Mako Might if you can. Exdeath will wreck you without mitigation.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by mistmonster View Post
    I'm going to try to get the 2 RW's I'm missing. and SS will be changed to a healing/regen RW.

Other wise I'm going in with this. I don't have the orbs to upgrade anything any further though, so what you see is what I have.

I really appreciate all the help, I can't remember what everything does and really haven't had problems with a fight until now (I have a ton of elite DU's to go though, so it's good to learn)

Here is my POV, I didn't read the others so some tips might repeat themselves

1) You have imo too many cures Aerith has higher MND normally so give her the Diaga
    2) 4 Charges of Blizzaga Strike might not be enough for cloud, If you can boost him up in attack give him Blizzara Strikes 10 charges is better and i'm sure you can hit 9999 with it
    3) If you have It i would give Sazh Full break instead of power breakdown and keep Power Break on Cloud
    4) PS whaT's cloud RM?
    5) Since you have Thyrus, which doesn't Sazh and Yshotla have DR Mog Teaching and Mako might? (wern't able to get them?)

Exdeath is there until Jan5 iirc, if you can i would try to farm Mako and Dr Mog Teaching if it's possible

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Zoii View Post
    Likewise. I usually just run the required character through Sundaily, then egg to 50. Luckily they start calming down on required characters after Yuffie's event also.
    This is the best news in a while, really getting tired of having to lvl/egg 1-2 characters per event.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I would also swap that +7 Genji Armor onto Cloud, and give Sazh any kind of bracer for extra atk. He's in the back row, no need to stack all that defense especially when Exdeath will be using mostly magic at the end. I'd give Sazh Freedom's Wish RM if you have it, too.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I don't see Mog's Teachings or Mako Might in your new setup still. Those will really help.

BG Level

I see Loner on Cloud. Give him Blizzara Strike and Attunement.

Put Diaga on Aerith and put Power Breakdown on Yshtola, assuming you have Full Break and Boon.

If you want I can switch my RW to Edward so that you have high regen and protect, or Hymn if you need heals and high regen.

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

it's self sacrifice (sap for attack and defense boost)

no point in using attunement, exdeath has no weaknesses

BG Level

Oh. Derp. That's right. We're talking about Ultimate. My brain no work good sleep need.

I'd still drop down to Blizzara Strike.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mist Monster
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I said this a couple posts ago:

"Surprisingly I don't have mako might or mogs teaching. I'll run Tyro through XP dungeons today, I seem to get a lot of those type of things there. I can't believe I don't have cloud's though. I'm pretty I level him to 80 without eggs. But I just realized I don't have Soldier Counter, so maybe that's why."

So, yeah I'm trying to get those RMs.