+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 71 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'd be game for the universes most powerful mullet. Though given the character has been completely retconned not sure how that would work.

I'd really want us to eventually get up to the incursions

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
    Alright I'm just gonna put this out there into the universe. Build up FF and X-Men separately, do whatever the New Avengers are going to be and all those, and have the Phase 6 payoff be ... Secret Wars. The OG shit with the Beyonder and Dr. Doom as the final boss.
    Pretty sure after Infinity War the MCU will focus on solo movies to build on the new Avengers roster and their stories, so a MCU X-Men trilogy will surely be a thing. The F4 will finally be given the respect they deserve on screen.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

I'm sad we won't see the biggest event really play out including those properties.

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

BG Level

Accurate

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Omg!! Too many things to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Just give Disney all the things already, it's like they're the only company that actually knows how to make good superhero movies. (although Deadpool gets a pass for being awesome)

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Spoiler: show
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistaire View Post

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Maybe he's not "tired" of being Cap....

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

He said a while ago he was willing to talk extension and that his initial apprehensions that stopped him from signing for 9 films were gone.

That being said, Falcon/Winter Soldier buddy comedy or bust.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    Pft. I knew they weren't going to be able to animate the best part.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

After watching the trailer a stupid amount of times, I've placed in my mind the sequence of events. This is all just me speculating/being a fan boy.

First off, I think Marvel is doing a little CGI trickery in the trailer with Thanos gauntlet much like they did with Thor's eye patch in the Ragnarok trailer. I think that by the time we start the film, Thanos already has the Reality and Power gems due to the results of what we saw in GOTG 2. Ego's seeds caused enough chaos on Nova Prime that he was able to steal the Power gem from the Nova Corps quite easily, while his agents were able to easily nab the Aether from the remnants of the Collector's vault following it's trashing.

Spoilers for Thor 3 here, I suppose:
    Spoiler: show
    Thanos, having learned of Asgard's destruction and knowing the Tesseract (Space) was housed there, sets off in search of it, picking up the trail Thor/Hulk/Loki. Thanos threatens to kill everyone, Thor and Hulk want to fight, but Loki, knowing how powerful Thanos really is, bargains their lives in exchange for the Tesseract. Thor and Hulk stupidly try to fight Thanos anyway, and Thanos blasts both of them through portals using his newly acquired Space gem.

Thor winds up being picked up by the Guardians of the Galaxy, who were hired by Nova Corp to track down Thanos and bring back the Power Gem.

Hulk ends up crashing to Earth in Dr. Strange's sanctum. Strange calls Stark and informs him of Banner's arrival. Banner tries to warn them about Thanos, but Stark is skeptical. Shortly after, Thanos arrives and attacks New York trying to retrieve the Time gem from Strange. Strange, Iron Man, Hulk, and Spiderman attempt to fight off Thanos but are defeated soundly. Thanos steals the Time gem from Strange, and traps Stark in a time loop of continually getting punched in the face kind of how Strange tortured Dormamu into submission. Hulk, Spiderman, and Strange are rescued by Black Widow in a quinjet and fly off to Wakanda.

MEANWHILE agents of Thanos (Proxima?!) attack the Avengers compound and capture Scarlet Witch and rip the Mind gem out of Vision and deliver it to Thanos.

MEANWHILE, news of Thanos' attack has reached Wakanda. Black Panther, Bucky, Capn, Falcon, War Machine are already there getting ready for an invasion from Thanos army when it is revealed that the elusive 6th gem (Soul) is in Wakanda and perhaps is the reason why Wakanda is so technologically superior. JUUUUUUST when it seems like all hope is lost, Thor and the GOTG will arrive and drive back Thanos' army. The good guys keep the Soul gem. Thanos threatens that he will kill Iron Man unless they give it up. Thor warns them that he can't be trusted, as he did a similar move to them at the beginning of the movie. The gang attempts to fool Thanos by going along with the trade and using a sneak attack of some kind, but Thanos snuffs it out and Capn' sacrifices himself so everyone can get away. RIP Capn. Bucky picks up the shield. To be continued.

Ant Man and Wasp don't really factor in because I have no clue what they'll be doing in their movie inbetween Avengers movies.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

With so many movies coming out between this and its conclusion, I imagine this fight is going into space/another reality by the end of this movie.

BG Level

This movie will end like Empire.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Releasing shitty marvel movies was the best investment Fox ever made...

Graduate of the BG School of FFXI
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Releasing shitty marvel movies was the best investment Fox ever made...
    Save Marvel from bankruptcy in the mid 90s and make a full return and then some two decades later.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Not to mention holding some of the fan favorite properties hostage and using them as negotiation tool down the road. Still, I think it's more than just Marvel. Disney is getting rights to a huge library of material which they will more than likely use for their new streaming service. I hope the actors and anyone else involved got their royalty contracts in order, cause this will blow up.