+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 71 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast
    a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

But it's like a +10 vulnerability to New York police officers.

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    Spidey is stronger than Captain America but weaker than Hulk. Anyone who thinks he wouldn't be helpful has clearly never read Spider-Man. He can pick up cars, ffs.
    Yeah Spidey is in better physical condition than Cap. Spidey is literally superhuman. Cap is supposedly just a human in perfect peak physical condition, but is ultimately no stronger/faster than the natural limits of the human body. In general, Cap is regarded as one of the most skilled fighters; his limitation is his body, not his technique.

But there was also the time Spidey almost died to the Hulk but Cap saved him (granted this happened when Spidey was very green), which is why Spidey looked up to Cap so much and was angry when he died (granted that happened during the events leading to One More Day where Parker wasn't in the best mental state).

Quote Originally Posted by Hitoshura View Post
    If I remember right, doesn't the Venom costume make Spider Man pretty broken? Eddie Brock had no super powers to begin with and was powerful as fuck with the costume, kicked Spider Man's ass since he no longer had it. So someone that is already a super hero wearing it, would be pretty ridiculous.
    I believe the explanation is that the Venom symbiote "mimicked" the powers of Spider-man after being bonded to Parker. That's why Venoms can shoot webbing. Presumably the super-strength is also a mimicry.

Han Cholo
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Hm... why do I recall Peter Parker saying that it amplified all of his abilities? The stronger webbing and increased strength in particular I do remember. Or was that a cartoon only thing?

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

No, it augmented his abilities. The symbiote gains everything from the host, which is why Brock could avoid the spider sense. It also was stronger due to the mutual hatred Brock and Venom shared.

the elephant whisperer
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Cap is much stronger than is being let on here.

edit: yeah, he's shown to be "super-human" power level, able to lift 1200+ lbs. Anyone able to lift over 850 in marvel u is considered "super-human". So he is stronger than Black Panther, Daredevil, Iron Fist, Crossbones, etc...but not stronger than most of the "real" super heroes.

Spider-man is still MUCH stronger, but Cap is more about strategy than force anyway.

Spidey is listed at being able to lift 20+ TONS...so yeah, big power difference. lol

second edit: Iron Man in armor is 100 tons. Hulk is 90 tons (calm) lol

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Skai Aetheris
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Knowing Iron Man in armor is 100 tons blew my mind.

Edit: Went to look it up on the Marvel wiki. They didn't specify which armor, but does list Iron Man as 425lbs with armor though. http://marvel.wikia.com/Anthony_Stark_(Earth-616)

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

can lift, not weighs. jfc, rofl

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Skai Aetheris
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Right right, glanced over and failed at reading thoroughly, lmao.

Was like god damn that's for real?

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I'm having a tough time envisioning lifting that much, this guy thinks he weighed that much LOL

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

If that were the case, he'd crack pavement every time he took a step.

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

I have a feeling that lifting stat is probably for the Hulk Buster or some variant of it. The normal suit is beefy but if it was capable of overmatching the Hulk (even a calm Hulk) wouldn't the Hulk Buster be a little redundant?

Edit: Never mind. 100 tons is apparently the normal Iron Man armor variants. The Hulk Buster (along with angry Hulk) are both listed as potentially incalculable at over 100 tons.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Matching up with a calm Hulk isn't unreasonable, but how often is he really written as being totally calm in Hulk form?

The official Marvel wiki lists 616 Spidey at 10 tons btw. This strength went up to 20 after some storylines, but thosr stories got retconned so he's likely at 10 again.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

10 tons is still a lot. That puts him at around 4-5x more powerful than Cap.

I think Peter's deal is that he doesn't really want to seriously hurt people.

the elephant whisperer
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Exactly, when Superior Spidey was running around he was destroying people left and right. Breaking bones and crippling dudes. You wanna see what Parker is capable of...that is perfect run to see.

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    Matching up with a calm Hulk isn't unreasonable, but how often is he really written as being totally calm in Hulk form?

The official Marvel wiki lists 616 Spidey at 10 tons btw. This strength went up to 20 after some storylines, but thosr stories got retconned so he's likely at 10 again.
    From what I read on the Strength Scale on the wiki, Spiderman's current strength puts him at the 20 ton threshold because of some reality altering event in something called "One More Day", which I assume is an arc.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    Any more, not likely. His calmest would probably be Grey Hulk.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    From what I read on the Strength Scale on the wiki, Spiderman's current strength puts him at the 20 ton threshold because of some reality altering event in something called "One More Day", which I assume is an arc.
    That's not the official wiki. The official is actually hosted on Marvel.com

Anyways, a storyline called "The Others" was when his strength went into the 20 range, which was then retconned out following "One More Day"

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

Ah, I'm not a comic book guy, I was just using the wiki I got from google, ha.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Just heard a rumor that part of the reason Marvel may want to recast spider-man if they get the rights for Infinity War is to have a Miles Morales Spider-Man (Donald Glover anyone), also why Marvel is working to get Miles into the 616 Universe.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

is Miles still gay? was he ever gay? isnt he like 12? i never read it after he took over

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 71 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast