+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Digimon Adventure (2020)     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

And she needs to stop calling meicoomon “mei-chan” when other people call her “Meimei” or other shit

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Mei^2 are so bad it’s made it hard for me to want to catch up.

Also some EP being 25% evolution animation is pretty obnoxious and should’ve stopped a while ago for all but first time evolutions.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Just caught up. Second the Meix2 hatred. This shit is pretty lit otherwise though.

Theres some sick songs in this too. I need to find the one that plays at the end of part 5.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

22-26 are out today!

Seems like the final set right? Hopefully it ends well.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Ive enjoyed the ride this far

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Welp, that was... something.

Spoiler: show
    On one hand the nostalgia was just wonderful. On the other, that was a clusterfuck of a mess lol. Like that the gen-2 kids didn't even get their faces animated lol, but at least there was closure with what happened to them. But Meix2 were fucking awful throughout and the villain behind the scenes pulling the strings wasn't even dealt with. What happened to Alphamon too? Did he die in one of the earlier OVA's and I just forgot? I didn't mind the whole "memories stored inside meicoomon" finish, that's par for the digimon-course. But Hackmon saying something like "wow, so this is the power of the digi-destined" made me laugh. They guessed a fucking password. That was it.

Everything felt kind of vague and I dunno if it's because the series was so chopped up and spread out in OVA's or because the story was just pretty meh overall. But regardless, nostalgia was nice and I have no desire to do a full re-watch now that it's all out.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

There's a bunch of stuff I don't remember (like what exactly either organization was/was doing..), so I almost feel it'd be worth watching it all again. I'm pretty sure Alphamon was involved in that fight between Jesmon and Omegamon, and got no resolution afterwards.

But yeah, it was a pretty meh finale. The fact the art for the final chapter changed (to Omegamon's new form) kinda makes me wonder if they changed the ending.

Just finished.
    I feel like Meiko could have been omitted entirely. Same with the 02 DigiDestined (Seriously, those guys served absolutely NO purpose. Why were they even included? At least Mei actually DID something (Meicoomon should really have changed it's password at least once over 10ish years)). Ordinemon could have stood on it's own as an endboss. Though I'm sure if I went back and watched OG Digimon I'd be able to nitpick the shit out of it, too. At least this was a fun nostalgia ride.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NotGreyheim View Post
    Just finished.
    I feel like Meiko could have been omitted entirely. Same with the 02 DigiDestined (Seriously, those guys served absolutely NO purpose. Why were they even included? At least Mei actually DID something (Meicoomon should really have changed it's password at least once over 10ish years)). Ordinemon could have stood on it's own as an endboss. Though I'm sure if I went back and watched OG Digimon I'd be able to nitpick the shit out of it, too. At least this was a fun nostalgia ride.
    Regarding the 02 kids..
    This was supposed to be a celebration of the original series, but they couldn't just act like the second season didn't happen. (I mean they could have.. ..I would not have complained.. ..why didn't they just do that?) The solution was dumb, but so are the 02 kids, and I'm glad they weren't involved at all.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

If the 02 kids weren't handled like a complete afterthought, even by the original DD, it probably would have been a lot easier to buy into. But even TK and Kari didn't give a single fuck about the fact that those 4 were missing the entire time.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Character art for the upcoming movie:

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Wait theres more coming? :O

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

I think the end of Tri said there was a new movie in the works or something, but I don't remember at this point..

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Bumping with a new trailer and updated the title:

It's 2010, over ten years since the summer when Taichi met Agumon and the others, and they had their adventure in the Digital World. The worldwide existence of the DigiDestined has gradually been acknowledged, and the sight of Digimon in the real world has become less unusual. Taichi has become a college student, while Yamato and the others have figured out and started down their own paths in life.
    During all this, certain incidents begin to occur around DigiDestined worldwide. Menoa and Imura are scholars whose area of study is the Digimon who appeared to Taichi and the others. These two seek assistance from the group, claiming a Digimon called Eosmon is the cause of the incidents. Taichi and the DigiDestined come together once again so they can resolve the matter. But during the battle with Eosmon, something goes wrong with Agumon's and the others' evolutions. When Menoa sees this, she informs Taichi's group of a shocking truth: When a DigiDestined becomes an adult, his or her partner Digimon will cease to exist...
    The threat posed by Eosmon gradually spreads to affect Taichi's friends as well. He can't save his friends if he won't fight, but fighting will mean he has to say goodbye to his partner that much sooner. He thought they would always be together. Will he fight, even if it means losing the one most dear to him? That's what it means for a DigiDestined to become an adult. In the face of unalterable destiny, what answer will the bond between Taichi and Agumon produce for just the two of them?
    Unfortunately, these guys are back..

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I will always be hype for more of the original digimons.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Buuuut at the end of season 2, wasn't there a moment with all of them as adults with kids of their own and all the digimon we're still around? =X

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

I haven't even watched the new Tri movies, I'm such a bad fan. Is it good? I loved Season 1 and 2.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    Buuuut at the end of season 2, wasn't there a moment with all of them as adults with kids of their own and all the digimon we're still around? =X
    Either they're rewriting that ending (unlikely) or it is a misdirect. I imagine it's something along the lines of the digimon no longer fight/can't digivolve anymore, but choose to remain with them because of their relationships.

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    I haven't even watched the new Tri movies, I'm such a bad fan. Is it good? I loved Season 1 and 2.
    It started off with potential, but it definitely fizzled out at the end. I meant to rewatch it once the whole thing was out, but I remember the ending being pretty mediocre and that hasn't happened.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Yeah, gonna echo what Serra said, started off great and turns into a very meh story with lots of mega-digivolution fan service. The latter of which was nice, but the former was unfortunate