+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Yo dog, we heard you like Resident Evil, so we are doing a remake of a remake.

The 2002 GameCube version of Resident Evil is getting an HD remake. Announcement vid is in the link. Boom.
    http://www.polygon.com/2014/8/5/5970...remake-changes
    Capcom announced that it's reviving the original Resident Evil on a new generation of consoles, but don't look for it to be a far cry from the game's last revamp in 2002.

Speaking in a video recently released the publisher, producers Tatsuya Kitabayashi and Yoshiaki Hirabyashi said that they were trying to avoid messing up a good thing as they rebuilt Resident Evil.

"We have been very careful to preserve the original atmosphere of the game," Hirabyashi said, "and are ensuring that no unnecessary changes will be made. The tempo and flow of the original game are an inherent part of its scary atmosphere so we have made the decision not to disrupt this tempo."

The bulk of the changes will, of course, be graphical.

"When it comes to graphics, we didn't just want them to look better," Kitabayashi said. "We have taken the game apart, polished up all the different elements and carefully reassembled them in such a way that its original atmosphere shines through."

Resident Evil will launch (again) in 2015 on Windows PC, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One.

Source
    Capcom (YouTube)

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Ooh awesome, I hated how it was only on the Wii/gamecube. This is even better with an HD edition.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Missed out on the Gamecube version, and neglected to pick up the Wii port of it, so I'll be nabbing a copy this time.
    Spoiler: show
    Will get for PC, since Capcom has a hate-boner for games that'd work perfectly on the Vita

Only ever completed the PS1/DS versions of the original.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Spoiler: show
    Capcom, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, today announced Resident Evil for PlayStation 4 computer entertainment system, PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system, Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, Xbox 360 games and entertainment system from Microsoft and PC. Resident Evil will be available to purchase digitally across North America and Europe in Early 2015.

The hugely popular Resident Evil series, having sold over 61 million units to date, returns to its roots with a remastered version of the critically acclaimed masterpiece, Resident Evil. Originally released in 1996, Resident Evil was then “remade” in 2002 from the ground up with new visuals, gameplay elements, environments and story details while retaining the survival horror atmosphere the series had become synonymous for. Both fans of the franchise who want a trip down memory lane and those who have yet to experience the game that coined the term survival horror for the gaming world will appreciate this definitive re-visit of that iconic 2002 Resident Evil title.

Using the latest resolution enhancement and 3D model technology, game resolutions and textures have been significantly upgraded, including 1080p support on next-gen consoles, resulting in characters and backgrounds coming to life in greater detail than ever seen before in Resident Evil. Not only will the graphics impress but the tense sound effects have been fully remastered with 5.1 surround support for a greater gaming atmosphere. Players are now able to choose not only between experiencing the terror at the classic 4:3 ratio or a stunning 16:9 widescreen mode but also the type of control scheme they play with. The classic control scheme remains for fans of the original play style or there’s an alternative scheme where the character moves directly in the direction of the analogue stick, utilizing the standards of the current generation of gaming. Both the control scheme and the display options can be toggled between at any time during gameplay.

The intense horror fans first experienced with the release of the original Resident Evil is back. Taking place in the now notorious Raccoon City, players will choose to take on the role of either S.T.A.R.S. (Special Tactics and Rescue Service) team member Chris Redfield or Jill Valentine, who have been sent into the city to find the missing Bravo team. When the team is suddenly attacked by a ferocious group of mutated dogs, desperate for an escape they take shelter in the Mansion, but will they ever get out alive again? Players will need to be brave as they adventure through the dark, enclosed spaces searching out the horrors that await them. With limited ammo and survival items available gamers will need to keep their wits about them to survive the various traps and puzzles that greet them at every stage.

Gameplay Overview

The hugely popular Resident Evil series, having sold over 61 million units to date, returns to its roots with a remastered version of the critically acclaimed masterpiece, Resident Evil. Originally released in 1996, Resident Evil was then “remade” in 2002 from the ground up with new visuals, gameplay elements, environments and story details while retaining the survival horror atmosphere the series had become synonymous for. Both fans of the franchise who want a trip down memory lane and those who have yet to experience the game that coined the term survival horror for the gaming world will appreciate this definitive re-visit of that iconic 2002 Resident Evil title.

Features

Remastered highly requested fan favorite horror title – return to the Mansion to experience the beginning of the Resident Evil saga

Upgraded visuals - using the latest resolution enhancement and 3D model technology, game resolutions and textures have been significantly upgraded, including 1080p support on next-gen consoles

Fully remastered sound effects - 5.1 surround support provides a greater gaming atmosphere

Toggle visual and control scheme options at any time:

- Experience the terror at the classic 4:3 ratio or a stunning 16:9 widescreen mode

- Purists can choose to play with the classic control scheme or enjoy a new alternative scheme in line with current standards where the character moves in the direction of the analogue stick

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

An actual remake from the ground up would have been better than an upscaled REmake. Yet I can't get over OG Jill and that chest.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Wish they'd remake 2 and 3 instead. Which now that I think about it, I don't think I ever actually beat 2..

Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    Wish they'd remake 2 and 3 instead. Which now that I think about it, I don't think I ever actually beat 2..
    Seriously, why do they keep remaking the same damn game when 2 and 3 are just as good (fuck it, 2 is better) but hardly ever get attention? I would give my money on a remake of anything other than 1.

Capcom dumb.

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

I never owned a GC so never got to try that version but always wanted to, am pretty excited about this.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

I'd pick up the game if they added some extra content aside from a remake of a game I've played too many times. Obligatory "wheres the WiiU version?". I wish they made a WiiU version and gave it some of the nifty stuff Code: Veronika had on dreamcast.

If they remade 2 or 3 I would literally throw dollar bills in the face of the Gamestop employee as I preordered the fuck out of it and danced back out of the store.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    Seriously, why do they keep remaking the same damn game when 2 and 3 are just as good (fuck it, 2 is better) but hardly ever get attention? I would give my money on a remake of anything other than 1.

Capcom dumb.
    This isn't a (new) remake, it's an upscaled port of gamecube RE1 with some filters slapped on. Basically free money with no risk. Completely different ballgame from investing a bunch of money to do an actual remake.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

I would love a remake of 2 so much. I don't mind this at all though, I loved this game and never got a chance to play the remake.

EL - Airship Pirate
    Airship Captain of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aero Ashwind
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I just want to know, will we have ripped Chris, or will they stick to cannon? :3

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Seiji Okita View Post
    I just want to know, will we have ripped Chris, or will they stick to cannon? :3

EL - Airship Pirate
    Airship Captain of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aero Ashwind
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    =/ I dont' know If I will be able to tap X fast enough to break the boulder with that girly physique...

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Vocals for both JP & NA will be "professional" VA's.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

January 20 in North America and Europe for $19.99 / EUR19.99 / GBP 15.99
    http://gematsu.com/2014/12/resident-...date-announced

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Too fast! Too much stuff to buy in the coming months >.>;

Han Cholo
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

YESSSSS. Also best title possible for this game.