New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aumaan Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

The place looks like it was laid out to be a challenge-mode xp/cp party arena, for people that want to grind but wish the mobs had a few more teeth to keep things interesting (if such people exist). Lots of platforms to choose from, each with a decent number of 1-2 mob families, each overseen by an asshole mob of some sort to complicate pulls. Most of the mob families involved are... well, they're not crabs, crawlers, or colibri, anyway. I'm skeptical that it's actually good for this purpose, or that people will want to hoof it out there even if it is, but that's what the intent feels like to me.

Though with the conspicuously empty and/or sealed off deadend platforms all over the place (maybe related to the similar things in Outer), there's clearly room for something else to be going on in there in the future, apart from the obvious elevator-to-hell at the end.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Woh Gate has a more consistantly high mob level that usually dont have too many asshole moves. The special mobs in Inner are 125 while their surounding 'minions" are only around 121. Only reason to go there could be double CP campaigns going on and Dho / Woh are flooded.

Campaign
    BG Level

My problem with WoH gates is that usually the good camps are overcrowded and the ones left tipically require a setup I do not have in that moment (like the awesome camp with the elemental spawning. Kinda nasty to go there unless you have at least one dedicated mage in your pt)

Doh Gates I know a couple of good spots which usually have no people in it. They can provide good exp (alas slightly lower than WoH) but my problem there is the dispel move from Efts, seriously annoying me.
    So yeah, I'm always looking for alternative altough if it takes like 20 mins to get to a good camp in Inner from Adoulin (never been there, making hypothesis here) I'm not sure it's worth the trouble...

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Ok didnt want to start a new thread for this and after some discussion in LS about it...

What helps distract/frazzle, MND or INT?

They are both black magic So i would lean toward INT and otherwiki says INT while BGwiki doesn't have either. But Freshly Picked Vana #9 says MND. Now because its from SE i want to take their word for it but perhaps they made a mistake and nobody caught it so it hasn't been corrected (wouldn't be the first time they made a mistake, and its completely backward to the normal formula for enfeebles regarding white magic = mnd black magic = int). Just wanted to get what you guys think on this.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpy View Post
    Ok didnt want to start a new thread for this and after some discussion in LS about it...

What helps distract/frazzle, MND or INT?

They are both black magic So i would lean toward INT and otherwiki says INT while BGwiki doesn't have either. But Freshly Picked Vana #9 says MND. Now because its from SE i want to take their word for it but perhaps they made a mistake and nobody caught it so it hasn't been corrected (wouldn't be the first time they made a mistake, and its completely backward to the normal formula for enfeebles regarding white magic = mnd black magic = int). Just wanted to get what you guys think on this.
    There are no enfeebles whose potency is affected by int....

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Isn't the dot from shock/burn/etc affected by int?

Edit: bgwiki says the dot and the stat down are affected by int, so there is some precedent for int-based enfeebles.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Rooney View Post
    Isn't the dot from shock/burn/etc affected by int?

Edit: bgwiki says the dot and the stat down are affected by int, so there is some precedent for int-based enfeebles.
    Technically those are elemental magic

Not sure it was ever proved but I think blind was thought to be effected by int but it capped so low no one bothered testing

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

◾Accuracy down is calculated with the formula (Caster_INT - Target_MND + 60) / 4, and has a lower floor of -5, and a cap of -20.

Although people thought that addle had potency affected by mnd and blind potency affected by int, SE confirmed that wasn't the case in a dev post back in March. So yes, nothing under the category of enfeebling magic appears to have potency affected by int. And the only spells that are confirmed to be affected by mnd are paralyze, slow, distract and frazzle. Additionally, SE claimed that distract and frazzle potency was also affected by enfeebling magic skill, so make of that what you will.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    Accuracy down is calculated with the formula (Caster_INT - Target_MND + 60) / 4, and has a lower floor of -5, and a cap of -20.
    For what spell?

And yeah I meant actual enfeebling magic not elemental dots. Helix are int modified too but they don't count either.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

That's Blind I.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

He was talking about Blind.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Does anyone know the Dat locations for the new stuff from august and september? specifically the dat locations for alluvion weapons?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Check the show me the dats section Shaded Onyx

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6