Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I think I borked the thread.

Edit: Fixed now I guess.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Ok BG so I'm going to admit to you all something I wouldn't admit to anyone in person. This is probably the saddest thing going on in my life (currently going on). And I'm only doing this because I'm severely fucked up atm and I've wanted to just get it off my chest because I think its so ridiculous yet it helps me lol.

When I have a solid pump going on I am able to completely control my ability to get goosebumps. I can decide how tingly they feel and where they are (arms, legs, torso, neck etc), and how far they stick out and how many.

Anyways, I watch Dragon Ball Super. It gets me hyped and it brings back childhood memories and its really quite entertaining. I have no shame in that.

What is embarrassing is that when I am at the gym and I need a little extra pump, maybe on set 3/3 or 5/5 and I'm trying to PR something or I need a little extra boost to finish up the exercise... I.... power up and go... "Super Saiyan". If I need just a little extra boost I go Super Saiyan 1, and just give myself a little bit of goosebumps, but if I'm trying to hit a crazy PR and I really need a boost I go Super Saiyan Blue and fucking go all out goosebumps. I also throw a Super Saiyan 2 in there if its in the middle.

This is seriously the cheesiest thing I can possibly ever be capable of as myself as a person and obviously I dont believe it. It just makes exercising more fun and gets my head into it. Really whatever gets me extra GAINZ. And it's working lol.

Gooood night BG! Hope this gave someone a good laugh, but really deep down I'm hoping someone can relate LOLLLLL

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Do you boo. I usually watch this before going into the gym and then occasionally play the song on a rough set.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Ain't much different then hyping yourself up with hard music to get pumped in my eyes. No shame in that. Whatever gets you that last rep, who cares where it comes from? I get off on songs about beating the shit out of people. You do you.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I enjoyed both of those videos. May have to use em sometime!

And I appreciate the kind words.

Today I was introduced to some competitors from American Ninja Warrior. They setup a course and I trained with them all night. It was a blast and I've never sweat so much in my life. I got invited to their fb group to train with them so I'm hyped.

I'll probably end up shifting away from weightlifting and more towards Ninja/Rock climbing if this pans out. Honestly they are such better and harder workouts than.... anything else. 20mins in and you're completely pumped and gassed out from head to toe.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Aye, just depends on what you want to do. Do you want to champion the cause of looking cut as fuck and being mobile or do you want to be able to pick up said person and use them as a weight?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I have a vacation coming up and after that I'm cutting back the longer metcons and I'll start following http://crossfitweightlifting.com/cat.../weightlifter/ . Probably add another 400~ cals to my diet which will put me up around 3500.

Edit: I will be taking a pair of 70 and 35lb kbs with me on vacation since I don't want to take a whole week off.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Holy fuck. Gaining muscle and strength is 10x easier than improving mobility. It takes 30 mins to get loose enough to start pushing boundries. That ends up being closer to 45 mins of uncomfortable aganozing stretching for 1 session. I've been at it for a month or so now and there's only small improvement but there's also less soreness and random aches/inflammation.

For the last two weeks I've been putting 1-1.5 hours of dedicated mobility/stretching + my workouts. I miss the days of hitting hard for 45 min and having pump+ pwo shake.

Tekki's Bitch
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gustave View Post
    Holy fuck. Gaining muscle and strength is 10x easier than improving mobility. It takes 30 mins to get loose enough to start pushing boundries. That ends up being closer to 45 mins of uncomfortable aganozing stretching for 1 session. I've been at it for a month or so now and there's only small improvement but there's also less soreness and random aches/inflammation.

For the last two weeks I've been putting 1-1.5 hours of dedicated mobility/stretching + my workouts. I miss the days of hitting hard for 45 min and having pump+ pwo shake.
    You just described the last 3 years i've spent in the gym. I am so god damn sick of foam rolling and lacrosse balls.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

exercise/calories question: i use an apple watch to track calories burned. my gym time is generally 1hr cardio (30min eliptical / 30 min running machine). i'm also starting a new job soon. I know generally, if I don't work out, just normal day shit, go to work, come home, by the end of the day it says 1000 calories burned. toss in 1hr of cardio at the gym (and usually about 30 min of weights), thats like another 1000. How do I adjust how many calories I take in based on that? Is it a simple "ok you need 2000 calories a day, 1000 calories burned from just existing/walk to work/walk back, etc, and another 1000 from the gym, so you can EAT 4000 calories." That seems way insanely high. My goal is still weight loss for another 25 - 30lbs tops, so how do i figure out whats the "right" amount of calories to take in for that amount of exercise?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

You shouldn't factor calories burned into your diet at all, those numbers are wildly inaccurate and could easily lead you to gain weight. It's safer to ignore them entirely and eat slightly less than gorge yourself because some device said you burned a billion calories. It's like a morbidly obese person on a treadmill going "Hey look it says I burned 500 calories, time to eat McDonalds to make up for it!" and never making any progress
    Just make a deficit of calories in your diet and consider exercise as a bonus to speed things up a bit

Agree with Jacobs for the most part, I tend to add 50% of the calories burned at the gym, because of how inaccurate fitbit/apple watch can be. But that is only if i feel real hunger before my fast starts again. A lot of the time I don't even take it into account if i don't feel hungry before my fast starts. That said I take it most of my calories in a 4 hour window, so if i'm hungry during that time, my body is really telling me something.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

how do you guys feel about protein shakes? apologies if this has been brought up before (as I'm almost certain it has).

basically the research says: "if you're already getting enough protein it's just calories. if you're not, it can help you gain muscle mass, but only because that's what protein does anyway. also, it may help your body heal faster if consumed directly after a workout."

is that pretty much it?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    how do you guys feel about protein shakes? apologies if this has been brought up before (as I'm almost certain it has).

basically the research says: "if you're already getting enough protein it's just calories. if you're not, it can help you gain muscle mass, but only because that's what protein does anyway. also, it may help your body heal faster if consumed directly after a workout."

is that pretty much it?
    That's he gist of it.

I have 2 go to shakes. One in the morning and one after workout in the evening.

Kifer , frozen blueberries, flax seed, vanilla protein
    And
    Whole milk , peanut butter , chocolate protein , flax seed, frozen strawberry and banana. I sometimes have a cup an hour or so before workouts depending on what I've eaten.

Once you clean up your diet it's hard to get in the calories or protein. I don't see anything wrong as long as it's more than just protein and water. I do think I need more fats in my kifer shake. I might try coconut oil.

@ Panda - slow mo of clean " Oh shit I'm sitting ass to ankles in a front squat and no but wink". "damnit now my upper back is rounding". It NEVER ends. That and now that my hips and ankles are good (after 30 mins of getting loose) my chest and shoulders are too tight for heavy jerks. I can push press 245+ but struggle with 205 jerks because I cant lockout and stay externally rotated. I lose stability and it also outs crazy presser on lower back.

My scapula tilt and never come back flat overhead. It's a combination of tight chest, shoulders, and lats (bench presses and seated row bro). I'm going to focus on working that out over the next weeks and some band work for my scapula.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Anyone ever use shirataki noodles / miracle noodles?

Wife wants stuff like alfredo, white sauces, and just food with sauce and gravies more and I don't really eat any unnecessary or extra carbs. Figured I'd try those noodles with them just so we can eat more of the same meals.

I don't mind the texture, smell, or taste, what I'm wondering is about meal prepping with them. I got some beef and broccoli alfredo in the fridge, it's a fine meal on its own, but if I want to add the noodles to it do I wash&cook them like normal and toss them in the same dish to be reheated together or keep them separate or even cold until ready to eat?

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post

Wife wants stuff like alfredo, white sauces, and just food with sauce and gravies more and I don't really eat any unnecessary or extra carbs. Figured I'd try those noodles with them just so we can eat more of the same meals.

I don't mind the texture, smell, or taste, what I'm wondering is about meal prepping with them. I got some beef and broccoli alfredo in the fridge, it's a fine meal on its own, but if I want to add the noodles to it do I wash&cook them like normal and toss them in the same dish to be reheated together or keep them separate or even cold until ready to eat?
    Those things are fucking awful and the texture is so off putting just don't do it even though you said you don't mind. If looking for a low carb alternative I much prefer zucchini noodles and most stores like Target and Walmart sell veggie spiralizers for cheap. Spaghetti squash is my go to option though.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I eat them already...

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I want to know whether to combine or keep separate for meal prep.

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Sorry misread I fucking fail- that's what I get for multitasking. If I remember right from other groups I'm in that eat them regularly it's better to keep them separate for meal prep typically. However I did find this that might give some ideas for your meal prep.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.red...and_meal_prep/

Quote Originally Posted by Gustave View Post
    That's he gist of it.

Once you clean up your diet it's hard to get in the calories or protein. I don't see anything wrong as long as it's more than just protein and water. I do think I need more fats in my kifer shake. I might try coconut oil.
    This, i don't see anything wrong with protein shakes, and you can only eat so much fish/chicken before it starts turning you off, which leads you to cheat or just not eat enough. I only need one a day, double scope, with some almond milk. I either put some peanut butter on the chocolate (Which tastes like reeses pieces), or hit mine with a little mio to change the flavor a bit. I do put coconut oil in mine to get in some extra fat.

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post

I personally enjoy shirataki/miracle noodles, I really enjoy them knowing i'm not putting a shit ton of extra calories/carbs into my meals. To answer your question, anytime it is a sauce based meal (like alfredo), leave it in with the sauce and prep, otherwise try to cook the day of (IMO) because it gets harder the longer it sits. You might get 2 days out of prep before it gets really noticeable.

This thread is HUEG! You might want to consider creating a new thread.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag