Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

That's pretty much perfect then since I'll just the noodles the night before so they don't sit more than 24hrs in fridge.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Anybody take the NASM personal trainer exam by any chance? Mines coming up in 9 days and honestly I'm slightly nervous.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

My next con is in mid December. I'm going to grind in the fashion that I did for the BG fitness contest. I can usually only keep up that kind of regiment for 3ish weeks (yeah usually around 20-25 days). I want to see what I can do with 6 weeks, so starting tomorrow, I'm grinding all of November and December. I'll be posting daily to keep myself accountable with workouts (should be easy) and food (the challenge).

I'm broke AF right now, so it won't be quality foods, but I will be counting calories and staying under 1,500 (which may be 3 gas station chicken sandwiches on some days, etc.). 1 optional cheat day per week (aka weekend drinking)

Let's see what I can do with 6 weeks prep time.

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

which con

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Holiday Matsuri; and if you EVER go to a FL con, this is the one I'm going to recommend. It's the most lit by far.

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

Hi fellas.

Need help.

I'm just under 185 right now. I want to go for 175 but I've been unable to push past the 180 boundary. I've been busting my core for months and I can see the results sitting there tantalizingly beneath a layer of skin that needs to go away. I really need some diet suggestions. I know I snack during the day, so I guess help in controlling those urges would be pretty clutch.

Other items...
    The muscles beneath my right knee are giving me some trouble. I have an exam coming up in a few months involving two running portions, some advice in working through this would be beneficial.
    On the subject of my legs, I saw some other people talking about it here but mine are tight as fuck. Cannot remember a time when I could stretch without pain. Recommendations for loosening them up? I started doing yoga again a couple days ago to see if that would help.
    Any thoughts on workouts I can add for chest definition? No matter how much my strength increases I never seem to add any cut to the sides to make them pop.

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

Beneath your knee? That would be your shin which would be tibialis anterior, if you are talking about behind your patella or thereabouts then that could be anything from ACL to the meniscii.

where in the knee did the muscle hurt you.
    Spoiler: show

When you say your legs are tight what do you mean? Calves/hamstring/quads? Ankle mobility? Just do hypertrophy sets of cable flies on the cable machine for chest.

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

Going by that picture and testing to see where it starts to hurt, I'd say either my ACL or PCL. There's a strain, a soreness that wasn't there before whenever I impact it at all, almost like it's bruised.

Yeah, it's definitely right below the patella. No exterior markings of any kind but putting pressure on it elicits a painful response.

As for my legs there's just no flexibility there. If I lift them up I can't straighten them, my hamstrings are on fire whenever I do stretches, hips are tight, the works.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

get googlin on stretches and quit sittin so much.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

1. Sit on the floor with the soles of your feet touching each other. Gently push down on your legs to get a good stretch. Hold for a few seconds, then release.
    2. Sit on the floor, lay your leg out in front of you, and point your toes toward your body. Gently reach forward.
    3. Side bends.
    4. Do you go to the gym? The hip adductor/abductor machine ain't just for chicks. Do it.

Those 4 really helped loosen me up. Do the 3 stretches daily, at least twice daily. Sucks, but it works. I've been going to a Podiatrist for the past two months for Planar Fascitis as well as Patellar Tendonitis, so I'm unfortunately familiar with all this.

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

What on earth are side bends going to do to help with posterior chain tightness.

He needs to just google stretches for Hamstrings,psoas,piriformis,calves,hip flexors and get a lacross ball or tennis ball and look up how to use it on his glutes. All easier than us posting pictures of basic toe touching stretches and butterfly stretch.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

If his leg is locked up his hips won't be far behind. side bends will at least get the area moving again.

but yes, i agree with hitting up google. I think bodybuilding.com would have some routines since tightness is a regular occurrence.

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

As long as you are talking about these

and not these.

Because the latter ends up being a QL movement for most people that do it and is probably one of the most common back strain/pull movements I see.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

I am. Changed up my last post for clarity's sake.

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Dragged myself to the gym when I wasn't feeling it today.

Monday was legs, yesterday was running around for 3hrs while slowly building up to 30 lbs of candy

Today was also leg day but my legs were thrashed. Got all my reps on dead lifts. Missed a few reps on squats, but then did some extra stuff (leg press, leg curl) that I usually don't do to make up for it.

1st day of diet? failure. Was going to bike tonight but my legs are toasted.

Chest day, and biking tomorrow

Was wondering if anyone here has to deal with, i'm guessing it is tennis elbow. I feel it a little after chest (push) days, but it really hurts on pull days. It has come to the point where i have to us straps when doing deadlifts or anything about the 300lb mark. I even have trouble with dumbbells over 70 pounds doing back work, because i start feeling pain in my elbow.

Using straps helps A LOT but i feel it isn't helping me in the long run because my grip is starting to become lacking. I won't even do upright rows anymore because that is one that kills it (Where i feel the pain for days afterwards).

Are their warm ups i should be doing before pull days? I've tried some compression on the joint, which didn't seem to help much.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Getting pretty motivated watching the NYC marathon, but I fucking hate running. I can run a mile in around 6:30-7 minutes, but how long would it realistically take to train up for 26.2?

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    Getting pretty motivated watching the NYC marathon, but I fucking hate running. I can run a mile in around 6:30-7 minutes, but how long would it realistically take to train up for 26.2?
    You're not alone. My mile is extemely similar but fuck do I hate it. Only train for 1m and 1.5m due to work with the RARE 5k or 30min stretch but never serious or at an event. I've always wanted to do 5k's, half marathons, tunnel to towers etc, and maybe one day a real marathon but I just hate running so much lol.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Xno, I worked up from 0 to marathon in 8 months. I ran my first one in 2012, and finished my first hundred miler (The Mohican 100) this year in June.

I ran cross country and stuff in high school until 10th grade, which was 2003, the farthest I'd run by that point was like 8 miles. After that I stopped running for years (Hi to u ffxi). In 2011 I broke my foot and started my own self-help physical therapy sessions by walking/running around my home town on Long Island and ended up becoming a barefoot runner in the process. 2012 I ran the Long Island marathon in 3:55.

Edit: I don't know where in manhattan you live, but I'm a member of the North Brooklyn Runners. They're a free running club out of Williamsburg in Brooklyn and have group runs in the morning and evenings most days of the week. I'm pretty sure Friday is the only night we don't have something going on.

Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

BG Level

This is coming from someone who used to play soccer in HS and kept training consistently (minimum cardio). Took me a month to get ready for a marathon. Train every other day and rest weekends; keep increasing the number of miles and on the actual day of the marathon run your 26.

This thread is HUEG! You might want to consider creating a new thread.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag