Page 109 of 153 FirstFirst ... 59 99 107 108 109 110 111 119 ... LastLast
    Tekki's Bitch
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

why this thread keep glitchin for me, cant see no new posts

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman View Post
    Any suggestions for lower lat exercises? My physical therapist showed me how hilariously weak they are. Embarrassing.
    Pull-ups (assisted are great, I do 1-arm pullups assisted for a real burn. Close-grip and wide-grip. All the way up, all the way down. Keep your head straight, look straight at all times.
    Lat Pull-downs (on a machine or 1-long bar, Wide-grip. Keep your head straight, look straight at all times.
    Seated cable rows with a close-grip handle (both sides at same time). Keep your head straight, look straight at all times.

Those 3 would be a great start. To that, add in some shrugs, tricep exercises, and maybe some deadlifts to supplement your back gains (tri's will indirectly help with back gains).

As for myself,

Since I last posted I got my NASM CPT certification. Took me 2 weeks of INTENSE studying; normally takes people 2+ months lol. Been training Ninja obstacles and courses hardcore lately. Going to different gyms all around New York and New Jersey. Even started coaching Ninja classes to kids (at local gyms) as a side job/hobby (it's really fun and feels rewarding seeing the kids have fun and feel good about themselves).

I got my own crew of ninja friends and they're all quite amazing. Yesterday I competed against ~15 professionals from American Ninja Warrior. Although I didn't win, I did pretty decent, and I had an absolute blast. One of my friends/crew members came in second place right behind the top competitor in the entire country!

My biggest weakness was my nerves!! I figure more competitions will help desensitize me when it comes to competing infront of large crowds... Anyone have any advice for breaking nerves? I never had nerves in team sports, and I'm generally not a nervous person, but when you're competing in a sport that's your entire life, where if you fall you're completely out, AND all eyes are on you...It can be a little nerve-wrecking.

My Application video is due in about 2 weeks for American Ninja Warrior. That's how I hopefully get onto the TV show. Could use any advice or ideas for it! Maybe ideas for some kinda tricks I could do or any advice for application videos. Gonna put it together next week. Also my IG account is Vitammin_D (I hope that's allowed on BG) if anyone wants to see any of my videos or give me any criticism or any advice at all. I'm very open-minded and I love positive criticism. That's how I'll get stronger and smarter.

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

Sweet Christmas, started a new workout routine yesterday and established my baselines, had no idea my stamina had taken such a dip while my legs were hurt. Gotta make up a lot of lost ground now before I even think about getting better than I was before.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Quote Originally Posted by Botosi View Post
    Pull-ups (assisted are great, I do 1-arm pullups assisted for a real burn. Close-grip and wide-grip. All the way up, all the way down. Keep your head straight, look straight at all times.
    Lat Pull-downs (on a machine or 1-long bar, Wide-grip. Keep your head straight, look straight at all times.
    Seated cable rows with a close-grip handle (both sides at same time). Keep your head straight, look straight at all times.

Those 3 would be a great start. To that, add in some shrugs, tricep exercises, and maybe some deadlifts to supplement your back gains (tri's will indirectly help with back gains).

As for myself,

Since I last posted I got my NASM CPT certification. Took me 2 weeks of INTENSE studying; normally takes people 2+ months lol. Been training Ninja obstacles and courses hardcore lately. Going to different gyms all around New York and New Jersey. Even started coaching Ninja classes to kids (at local gyms) as a side job/hobby (it's really fun and feels rewarding seeing the kids have fun and feel good about themselves).

I got my own crew of ninja friends and they're all quite amazing. Yesterday I competed against ~15 professionals from American Ninja Warrior. Although I didn't win, I did pretty decent, and I had an absolute blast. One of my friends/crew members came in second place right behind the top competitor in the entire country!

My biggest weakness was my nerves!! I figure more competitions will help desensitize me when it comes to competing infront of large crowds... Anyone have any advice for breaking nerves? I never had nerves in team sports, and I'm generally not a nervous person, but when you're competing in a sport that's your entire life, where if you fall you're completely out, AND all eyes are on you...It can be a little nerve-wrecking.

My Application video is due in about 2 weeks for American Ninja Warrior. That's how I hopefully get onto the TV show. Could use any advice or ideas for it! Maybe ideas for some kinda tricks I could do or any advice for application videos. Gonna put it together next week. Also my IG account is Vitammin_D (I hope that's allowed on BG) if anyone wants to see any of my videos or give me any criticism or any advice at all. I'm very open-minded and I love positive criticism. That's how I'll get stronger and smarter.
    Thanks for the tips!

See if there's a toastmasters club in your area. They make you speak in front of large groups. Should help your nerves in front of people. Another option, and this sounds odd, but wear something you're not totally comfortable in, like an unusually bright shirt or something and go work out at your gym in that. Anything to get you acclimated to not being 100% in your comfort zone. You'll eventually desensitize yourself to it. Crossing my fingers for you, you gotta tell us if you make it on the show!

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

I agree with the Man of Guitars about doing anything to get out of your comfort zone. I like the idea of wearing an unusually bright shirt. Hell, do it for your regular wear. Something that I like to do is when I'm at a store I'll give a sincere complement to someone, employee or not. If it's an employee and they've told me their name or they have a name tag I make sure to say their name. It helps me to not be nervous about talking with people I don't know and it's rewarding to see them take a complement.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

It was a toss up where I was going to put this, here or fail, but it's related;

Went to physical therapy for a work injury. They used something called "cupping" on me. They take out sets of glass jars and suck the air out, leaving your skin to pull into the cup. Helps release muscle tension and whatnot.

What they DIDN'T tell me, until they were finished, is that my back would look like I fell 20 stories onto a human-sized lego block.

NSFW:
    Register to see the NSFW content

If you're injured, don't get cupped. Ever.

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

Bruh how is that nsfw, I love cupping.

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

Now acupuncture is a different story, I got nothing out of that and found it supremely uncomfortable.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

I did acupuncture on my back for the first time on Monday and it felt great for a few hours. After that it was the same old story. Not sure of the time frame of the effects.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

1,950/2,000 miles and I'm just like "fuck it" at this point and almost no longer interested in finishing (tomorrow is the deadline)

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman View Post
    It was a toss up where I was going to put this, here or fail, but it's related;

Went to physical therapy for a work injury. They used something called "cupping" on me. They take out sets of glass jars and suck the air out, leaving your skin to pull into the cup. Helps release muscle tension and whatnot.

What they DIDN'T tell me, until they were finished, is that my back would look like I fell 20 stories onto a human-sized lego block.

NSFW:
    Register to see the NSFW content

If you're injured, don't get cupped. Ever.
    Actually it’s amazing for injuries and is also used in the bdsm lifestyle as well for various reasons. I’ve never done it but have wanted to try it out. I admit I partly want to do it for the marks it leaves behind lol.

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

After 34 days of 3+ hr a day cardio

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Astylla View Post
    bdsm lifestyle as well for various reasons. I admit I partly want to do it for the marks it leaves behind lol.
    Explain, is it some sort of really needlessly elaborate version of hot wax on nips or something. Because you can do serious damage via cupping given enough time and idiocy.
    I also thought the marks it left behind were pretty neat, especially when they started to fade a tiny bit like i was some sort of dope ass airbender type dude. But that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Cream Soda View Post
    I am a zombie in a coma
    My resting heartrate bounces between 85-100, i'm like a jazzed out hummingbird at all hours. I will die soon maybe.

85 seems really high. I sit around 52 - 55. If i start skipping cardio for more than a week, i will watch it get near 60.

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

I can't even track my gym heart rate because my hands get too shaky to use the app on my phone, those treadmill machines have gotten me up to 220 though.

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Final bike ride. Will report back when 2k completed (day 35/35)

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Aaaaand finished.

DST 1: Days 1-17; DST resets at 1k distance

DST 2: Days 18-24; bike computer took a shit after that/glitched out, had to take the battery out and put it back in; so started the counter over

ODO: What I should have used to begin with, used this one to finish it out. Days 25-35

Probably have 20-30 miles that weren't recorded, but I didn't want to count them since they weren't recorded, wanted 2k documented, so I did a little extra.

Quote Originally Posted by thetruepandagod View Post
    I can't even track my gym heart rate because my hands get too shaky to use the app on my phone, those treadmill machines have gotten me up to 220 though.
    Yea.... you should watch that and slow down if you are getting above 180.....no real reason to go above that besides attempting a heart attack.

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

Alright what the eff

2 weeks ago I started counting calories because I was down to 183 and felt like I was finally in striking distance of my 175 goal so I was going all in.

It's 15 days later and I was 192 today. 2 straight weeks of consuming less than 1800 calories a day and I gained almost 10 pounds.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Add 300 - 400 cals over the next few days. You're likely at a cliff. I'm down 34 lbs (first time im sub-200lbs in 15 years!) and many, many times my biggest drops in weight happened right after I gained weight. I'd be at say, 215, then a few days later I'm at 219, then the next morning I'm at 212.

Also, have you had much sodium? You could be retaining water. It happens a lot with dieting.

This thread is HUEG! You might want to consider creating a new thread.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag