+ Reply to Thread
Page 110 of 153 FirstFirst ... 60 100 108 109 110 111 112 120 ... LastLast
    Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

I'll take that advice and see how I do. 10 pounds in 2 weeks is probably the most dramatic weight gain of my entire life.

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
    I'll take that advice and see how I do. 10 pounds in 2 weeks is probably the most dramatic weight gain of my entire life.
    Dude... i can do that in a day. Water weight while eating high salty foods can fuck that scale up. Shit I think the last time my cousin visited I hit a record high of 23 pounds gained in a weekend. It came off quick because it was 80% water, but still.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I think most of us are in the same demographic age wise, so I'll go ahead and strike fear into the hearts of everyone. I ran into the dreaded weekend warrior early 30s Achilles rupture a few weeks ago. Already had surgery which was successful and I'm going back in for my 2 week post op on Thrusday. I did it playing basketball. Crazy thing was I was just jogging up court. I did plenty of mobility work before going to the court and had been playing for an hour.

Really blows because I was 5 weeks out from maxing out again and should have been able to hit 405 front squat.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Sorry to hear, glad you're recovering well so far.

And I'm right with you; had planar fascitis back in November. I'm 34 and it took 3 months and a pair of $700 orthotics (thank God for insurance) to fix. Nothing like searing, needle-like pain every time you step down on your foot.

Getting older sucks.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Plantar fasciitis takes forever to heel.

I keep reading that I'm looking at 6-8 months to be able to walk without a limp. It's a pretty shitty injury. I'm optimistic that I'll be able to beat any goal the pt or doc can put in front of me. Once I'm given the go ahead that it's healed and isn't going to rupture again.

Time for those upper body gains.

BG Level

Anyone here know about/use Shakeology?

Friend of mine has had some DRAMATIC weight loss in the past year and she credits that and the whole Beachbody program.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Don't start shilling your mlm scam on us bro

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Anyone here know about/use Shakeology?

Friend of mine has had some DRAMATIC weight loss in the past year and she credits that and the whole Beachbody program.
    Yepp just another pyramid scheme like AdvoCare and isogenix.

It's easy to just make a shake instead of having to make a meal can't deny that. But you can come up with a similar breakfast shake or something that only takes 5minutes to prepare.

BG Level

I caught on pretty quick that it's like that based on her pitch, but she's also in the best shape I've seen in knowing her almost 10 years and this is how she says she did it.

If it's no different than the protein powder I get from the grocery store for what looks like at least $40 less a month I'll just stick with that. I'm legit dying for a nutrition plan though, so many gains the past 2 months and all I can see is how much my gut has expanded.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Yeah but some people like that so it's okay.

BG Level

I am not one of those people and care not for their opinions.

My target now has been working toward doing full planch push-ups, so I've been hitting some pretty brutal core workouts. So I've got these sick abs that you can see if I'm in the right light and flexing because there's a triple-thick layer of blubber on top.

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

I caught on pretty quick that it's like that based on her pitch, but she's also in the best shape I've seen in knowing her almost 10 years and this is how she says she did it.

If it's no different than the protein powder I get from the grocery store for what looks like at least $40 less a month I'll just stick with that. I'm legit dying for a nutrition plan though, so many gains the past 2 months and all I can see is how much my gut has expanded.

I despise the beachbody and shakeology stuff almost more than any other MLM out there. It’s a total waste and scam and you are better off getting some good whey protein or such from Costco or finding a better protein shake alternative. I’m not saying it may not work for a select few but I seriously have doubts thats the sole factor. On top of that everyone I’ve known that has pushed this shit on my Facebook has gone back in the same circle regaining the weight and even putting more on because it’s not sustainable.

I’m sure it could work to give an edge for a short term goal but I’d imagine actually adding in a regular exercise routine with better eating options would yield the same if not better results.

BG Level

Alright, that's the feedback I was looking for.

Damn though, I know nothing about nutrition. This is the area I am most lacking in.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Im p sure you can't be a beachbody "coach" without being in decent shape and it's all part of their sales pitch

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Alright, that's the feedback I was looking for.

Damn though, I know nothing about nutrition. This is the area I am most lacking in.
    Well what do you want to know? Some of us have been doing this for years. I for one don't mind giving advice at all.

BG Level

Mostly my problem is that I don't really know what I'm supposed to be eating.

I've heard, of course, cut out sugars and fats, but there's multiple kinds of fats? And you need carbs for energy but too many make also make you fat? Then some people say you can eat nothing but Hostess fruit pies for breakfast, lunch and dinner so long as you burn more calories than you take in. I don't know what's what and I just want to lose weight and have more energy.

My body image issues aren't so bad that I don't recognize I've gained a lot of muscle the last few months, but I was at 179 at the beginning of November and I'm over 190 now. I didn't put on that much muscle. The only thing I've had universally told to me is to keep my diet high in protein but also not much info on where that should come from, when to eat, and the like.

Such is my struggle.

Well this is all based on my experience, and the reason there is so many diets out there is that everyone's body is different. People respond differently to different things, but the thing i see most people fail in is mental. What i mean by this is, all diets and fades work, mainly because they are all doing the same thing, lowering your calorie intake.

Step 1: By a scale and weight your food: You need to know what is going in your body. Stop eye ballin that shit because 99/100 times you are wrong. It took me years to get good at knowing how many calories i'm eating without a scale. I remember thinking i was eating one serving of peanut butter, and the day i weighted it found out i wat eating 3. That is almost 400 calories with one mistake.

Step 2: Find something you can live with. Like i said above, all diets work because they do the same thing. That said, if you need carbs and you drool at the sight of a bread slice, Keto or stuff like that are not for you. Find the balance that you feel is right, and move forward. Carbs, and Fats are not the bad guy, eating triple what you should is. I've lost weight eating nothing but pizza (Those single server ones, that are like 500 cals each) for a month. I've lost weight with Palo, I lost a lot of weight with Keto and IF, but I can go months without a carb and feel fine (When i'm not focused on lifting anyways, on keto i tend to need pre workout, with carbs i don't). I tend to rotate diets sometimes just to fuck with my body, but understand the weight on that scale might not reflect your diet this week, but what you were eating two weeks ago so don't freak out.

Chicken, Turkey is your friend when it comes to protein, they often take the flavor of the spice you use, so it is easy to not get sick of it.

I personally hate fish, but if you like it, it is great. Remember Fat has more calories per gram, so weight your shit.

Brown rice for easy to pass carbs. Try to hit a good 5/20 split with fiber/carbs if possible (Personally feel it helps me). Hard to hit, but a good rule to follow. I tend to eat chicken tacos a lot and use these. They are a god sent.

I find I can eat my greens better raw (Like spinach, i put them on my warps), or in salad form. If you like broccoli, that seems to be the go-to for most bodybuilders.

Those TDEE counters and stuff are good for the general population, but not for everyone. I personally am on the low end of that stuff. I can gain weight eating 1800-2000 easy (I'm 6'4, currently 208). I cut at 1200-1400 which most people i work out with think is crazy, but that is my body and I've accepted it.

Step 3: Workout: Find something you like. Not going into too much detail because you said you have some muscle so you most likely already do this stuff.

This is coming from someone that at his fat peak was about 450 pounds (about 5 or 6 years ago), all it takes is time.I say that so you don't think you are reading advice from someone that has been skinny their whole life. You will hit plateaus, sometimes they last weeks/months, but remember that is the point where most people fail, don't be most people.

Edit: Changed link because i put the wrong wraps

Tekki's Bitch
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Cocaine and eggo waffles got me the best body I ever had.

easiest and most effective way to cut down weight though would be to track your calories/macros of what you normally eat for let's say 2 weeks, once you figure out your daily average cut off 250-500calories from that, you could also adjust macros if you so desire but it's irrelevant if you are only wanting to remove a gut. If you want instagram fit model leanness then we can get to that.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I've heard, of course, cut out sugars and fats, but there's multiple kinds of fats? And you need carbs for energy but too many make also make you fat? Then some people say you can eat nothing but Hostess fruit pies for breakfast, lunch and dinner so long as you burn more calories than you take in. I don't know what's what and I just want to lose weight and have more energy.

My body image issues aren't so bad that I don't recognize I've gained a lot of muscle the last few months, but I was at 179 at the beginning of November and I'm over 190 now. I didn't put on that much muscle. The only thing I've had universally told to me is to keep my diet high in protein but also not much info on where that should come from, when to eat, and the like.

Such is my struggle.

You need to stop cultivating and start harvesting

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Such is my struggle.

Ok. Wall of text coming.

1. Fats. Monounsaturated and Polyunsaturated are your friends. Make sure to get these in. Avocado, Olive Oil, Nuts (almonds are fantastic, and do double duty of helping you feel satiated) and salmon are some of the more readily-available sources. These fats help lower your cholesterol, and are a key player in shuttling nutrients around your body. Saturated fats and ESPECIALLY trans fats are your enemies here. Fried foods should be avoided and be a food you have once a week at most, less if you can help it. Trans fats are especially evil. Avoid this like the plague. Church's fried chicken is a notorious culprit here. Trans fats are what make food last an especially long time, and are a major contributor to heart disease and stroke. Stay. Away.

2. Carbs aren't evil, you just need to moderate how much you get. It's one of those things where Americans eat it in excess so we are told to be careful. Carbs give you fuel, as you mentioned, but too many can make you bloated and cause massive weight gain. This is because carbs break down into sugar in your body, and of course lots of sugar = fat. White bread, white rice, and pasta are big issues here, so somewhere like Olive Garden is a minefield. I love that place but I haven't been in 6 months because of the carbs. Whole grain rice and bread are better, but still moderate how much you take in. Try to stay around 200g of carbs a day, but get at least 35g. You need SOME carbs to maintain brain function (seriously). A large banana has 27g of carbs and is a great post-workout snack, many of the more famous bodybuilders eat these with their protein shake for a post workout.

3. Calories. Simple formula for weight loss is calories in < calories used on a typical day = weight loss. So to your point, yes, you theoretically could eat only fruit pies and lose weight if you carefully portioned enough to stay below your daily caloric intake, but you'd be taking in a truckload of carbs and sugar with it, so great, you lost a few ounces but you're one step closer to a stint in your artery.

Use a TDEE Calculator (https://tdeecalculator.net/) to approximate your daily caloric needs and be honest with yourself when you enter in the numbers. Most knowledgeable nutritionists say to take your daily calorie needs(also called maintenence number or maintenance calories) and try for 200 under to maintain steady weight loss (so if the TDEE says your daily needs are 2500 cals a day, try for 2300). Personally I say try for 500 under your maintenance every day to lose 1lb/wk. (3500 calories = 1lb of fat, so 500 under your maintenance over 7 days is 1lb/week).

Lastly, find some good resources online. Stronglifts is a well respected and great starting point for lifting if you're new. Bodybuilding.com has quite a bit of information on a myriad of different exercises, but be careful of the forums, there's a lot of misinformation from dumbass gym bros out there. I'm partial to the Buff Dudes on YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/user/buffdudes ) Beneath the cornball antics and 80's aesthetic, they have a lot of really solid, real world advice on exercising and nutrition. Highly recommend.

This thread is HUEG! You might want to consider creating a new thread.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag