Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

fixing thread

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

gotta love the spaghetti arms after a good workout. does pre-workout help with this? I find that I usually am physically unable to continue long before my motivation wanes, and I wanna fix that damnit.

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman View Post
    Honestly, stick to the gym membership. There is something different mentally about physically going to a place to workout than doing it at home. It's way too easy to get lax with a home set. Just my 2c
    I'm on the fence... mostly I want a home gym because it's cheaper but also because it's soooooo easy to justify not going to the gym, but it's a lot harder to justify not using the weights you have at home. but working out in a completely unique space has its advantages too definitely. I'm gonna mull it over a bit longer; my university gym membership lasts another month or so.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    gotta love the spaghetti arms after a good workout. does pre-workout help with this? I find that I usually am physically unable to continue long before my motivation wanes, and I wanna fix that damnit.

It stops after you go for a certain amount of time. I've been lifting for 5 years and only occasionally get it when I go overboard. BCAA before a workout and creatine after will help you a ton.

Tekki's Bitch
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    gotta love the spaghetti arms after a good workout. does pre-workout help with this?
    Unsure about arms but preworkout sure doesn't help with spaghetti dick.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

It stops after you go for a certain amount of time. I've been lifting for 5 years and only occasionally get it when I go overboard. BCAA before a workout and creatine after will help you a ton.
    yeah I just need to be consistent and get my body used to it I guess. I've been really spotty this semester. my biggest goal right now (don't laugh at me lol) is just to regularly work out three times a week. then build up from there once I have the habit established. kinda lame but it's like... you gotta start somewhere. the last time I was really in-shape I started by running like six blocks at a time lol so I know this slow but steady approach works.

Quote Originally Posted by Fondue View Post
    Optimum Nutrition 60 Servings Gold Standard Pre-Workout with Creatine, Beta-Alanine, and Caffeine for Energy, 1.32 Pound https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01NASL5M4?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf

That's what I bought- can anyone give me a quick rundown on if it's got anything useful in it. The 60 servings in this flavor was randomly way cheaper than 60 in the others
    Never been into prework out, I just drink some coffee before working out and then later in the day take a protein shake with creatine and some fruits + ON powder. Creatine + caffeine + protein all ya need.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I just started trying to drink a liter+ whey protein while working out but I'm pissing cloudy now, should I wait until after working out or reduce the amount of the brotein or eat it in yogurt or what

I just started trying to drink a liter+ whey protein while working out but I'm pissing cloudy now, should I wait until after working out or reduce the amount of the brotein or eat it in yogurt or what
    Water + protein powder always tastes like absolute shit to me no matter the brand, and i've tried a bunch, I just mix with Fair Life milk or almond milk depending on if i'm cutting or not. Never had cloudy piss...is it painful? If it doesn't hurt or you don't feel weird don't see an issue but i'd ask a doctor about it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Not sure about other flavors but chocolate in a little coffee doesn't taste terrible.

Oh man just saw that preworkout talk... need to show my sisters family that. Not only do some of them take it before and after every exercise but fucking basically use it as a Mio as if chugging that stuff all day gunna worth all the money they pissing away

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Meresgi View Post
    Water + protein powder always tastes like absolute shit to me no matter the brand, and i've tried a bunch, I just mix with Fair Life milk or almond milk depending on if i'm cutting or not. Never had cloudy piss...is it painful? If it doesn't hurt or you don't feel weird don't see an issue but i'd ask a doctor about it.
    from what I read I'm apparently just taking too much protein and then you rapidly piss it out (I spent like 2 solid hours pissing yesterday before the modest mouse concert lul fun) Its not painful I just literally cannot stop pissing

My whey container might have had a scoop but that shit must be deep in there b/c I havent found it yet digging so I just use a giant spoon atm and put in whatever so maybe I need to address that too

from what I read I'm apparently just taking too much protein and then you rapidly piss it out (I spent like 2 solid hours pissing yesterday before the modest mouse concert lul fun) Its not painful I just literally cannot stop pissing

My whey container might have had a scoop but that shit must be deep in there b/c I havent found it yet digging so I just use a giant spoon atm and put in whatever so maybe I need to address that too
    How much protein are you taking per lb of body weight?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Meresgi View Post
    How much protein are you taking per lb of body weight?
    No idea

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

yesterday I learned caffeine is a diuretic, so I guess that explains the pissing. I dont ever drink any caffeine otherwise and just started using that preworkout a couple of weeks ago but that has been very helpful- I feel like I used to violently yawn between every set of anything I did and I feel terrific the whole workout now

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Fucked up my shoulder. Anyone have advice what type of doc i should be seeing? Thinking of going to physical therapy but wondering if there's a better option.

Tekki's Bitch
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Fucked up my shoulder. Anyone have advice what type of doc i should be seeing? Thinking of going to physical therapy but wondering if there's a better option.
    Spoiler: show
    Endocrinologist ;^)

No idea
    Figure that shit out, get your macros in order and diet in order before hitting up the gym or it's pointless.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

sub optimal maybe but I wouldnt say pointless

I do want to get big tho

Closer to pointless than you think if you have no idea what protein you are taking in. Because if you don't have a clue about that, you most likely don't know about other things as well.

That said, if you are just dirty bulking you will get big, you are just going to have a hard cut.

What Yabby said, you might not think it's true but diet is a good 85% of the entire trip to fitness. I thought that was bullshit as well when I started out and while I got pretty big as soon as I got my diet into shape things changed alot with my physique. Wouldn't say my diet is even super on point, I just know roughly the calories I need and the macro %'s I want to shoot for.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Started trying to track my food through myfitnesspal and the results from the first day are just wtf sodium and how am I supposed to eat this much

I am having trouble eating 2800+ cal, should I just smear peanutbutter on everything I eat?

This thread is HUEG! You might want to consider creating a new thread.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag