BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Fondue View Post
    I just started trying to drink a liter+ whey protein while working out but I'm pissing cloudy now, should I wait until after working out or reduce the amount of the brotein or eat it in yogurt or what
    from what I read I'm apparently just taking too much protein and then you rapidly piss it out (I spent like 2 solid hours pissing yesterday before the modest mouse concert lul fun) Its not painful I just literally cannot stop pissing

My whey container might have had a scoop but that shit must be deep in there b/c I havent found it yet digging so I just use a giant spoon atm and put in whatever so maybe I need to address that too
    My man there are a lot worse problems from too high of protein intake than peeing more. I'm glad you're using an app like my fitness pal now, but you need to be really mindful about how much and what supplements you are taking in, when, and whether you need many of them.

You will straight go into renal failure or end up having a stroke. Do not fuck around and just take whatever and however much.

Tekki's Bitch
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    My man there are a lot worse problems from too high of protein intake than peeing more. I'm glad you're using an app like my fitness pal now, but you need to be really mindful about how much and what supplements you are taking in, when, and whether you need many of them.

You will straight go into renal failure or end up having a stroke. Do not fuck around and just take whatever and however much.

Started trying to track my food through myfitnesspal and the results from the first day are just wtf sodium and how am I supposed to eat this much

I am having trouble eating 2800+ cal, should I just smear peanutbutter on everything I eat?
    Most of the hard gainers i know (Fuck you guys...) use peanut butter and avocados as their go-to calorie boosters. Scoop in the morning or here and there for a quick 200+ calories over the day. One friend takes from keto to help, putting Coconut Oil in his coffee and cooking most of his food in it to really boost the numbers. Makes things taste better and really gets the calories up there. Just make sure you are hitting your other macros before overloading on fat.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post

I'm having difficulty doing more than like 130g brotein/day so I'm sure I'm not overloading on anything but sodium atm

Also I'm not even sure I was pissing cloudy (haven't noticed it since) , just a lot and I figure that was just the caffeine+volume of water

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Yabby View Post
    Most of the hard gainers i know (Fuck you guys...) use peanut butter and avocados as their go-to calorie boosters. Scoop in the morning or here and there for a quick 200+ calories over the day. One friend takes from keto to help, putting Coconut Oil in his coffee and cooking most of his food in it to really boost the numbers. Makes things taste better and really gets the calories up there. Just make sure you are hitting your other macros before overloading on fat.
    If you aint bulk buying costco pizza and pouring olive oil on top of it then ur doin it wrong.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by thetruepandagod View Post
    If you aint bulk buying costco pizza and pouring olive oil on top of it then ur doin it wrong.
    if theres no costco nearby, is a hot and ready a good substitute?

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

if theres no costco nearby, is a hot and ready a good substitute?
    If you can manage to keep that down sure.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Don't worry about sodium, it's a meme based on outdated science. It's not bad for you at all and doesn't affect blood pressure as previously thought

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by jacobs67 View Post
    Don't worry about sodium, it's a meme based on outdated science. It's not bad for you at all and doesn't affect blood pressure as previously thought
    Sodium increases water retention = water retention is bloating

There is no greater thing to worry about than a fat water bloated face m8, i'd take renal failure over that.

can i see the last page now?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

12.5 weeks out of surgery from a complete surgery repair. Been using a locross ball to "locate" different muscles and build the mind muscle connection from the damage done to the nerve during surgery and rupture . Found othe muscles give that last range of motion onto tippy toes and immediately gained that movement. Pretty excited because that's what gets most people and they never get power in that end range of plantar flexion.

I'm still lacking dorsiflexion but I'm not cleared for active stretching.

I started doing kettlebell swings, single leg leg press , and Bulgarian squats with dbs 4 weeks ago. I added deadlift, and back squat. I was able to do 1x8 @ 315 deadlift, and 225x8 with pause back squat my
    last 2 sessions usiing squat shoes for the extra mobility.. I see the doc again this week so I'll ask if that's ok and if I can keep adding weight.

Looks promising that I can get back to 405 front squat if I can get the range of motion back. I'll have to settle with a goal of 455 back and 495 deadlift in the interim.

Left hip is back to its old impacted/tight ways. Started working it with massage and distractions.

If I pass the CCIE lab in July I'm going to celebrate by adding a Titan squat rack, rogue barbell/weights, and a back extension bench to my home gym. I currently have 2xea of 1,1.5,2 pood kbs, 20&30 lb wall ball, dbs up to 70lb, airdyne pro, rings , pull up bar, adjustable bench, and a ab mat.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

random thoughts/questions:

- pushed my old shoulder injury too hard. ugh. took a week off and did a very light workout Tuesday - better but still rough. I'm very familiar with it by now so I'm pretty good at lifting around the injury/knowing when to stop to keep from aggravating it.. but I ignored the warning pain last week and now I'm paying for it. so depressing though. tfw your motivation is there but your body isn't up to the task... probably will go back to a sports medicine doctor this summer. and before anyone asks - no, no doctor has been able to really diagnose it. muscle imbalance? rotator cuff? alien implant? WHO KNOWS. gonna keep working out but having to go lighter and take longer breaks between workout days than I'd like, boo. might have to end up quitting lifting altogether for a couple weeks :/ we'll see.

- creatine: have you used it? was it effective? what did it do for you? as one of the most well-researched supplements I ain't asking y'all for a primer here - just your own experiences/thoughts.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    random thoughts/questions:

- pushed my old shoulder injury too hard. ugh. took a week off and did a very light workout Tuesday - better but still rough. I'm very familiar with it by now so I'm pretty good at lifting around the injury/knowing when to stop to keep from aggravating it.. but I ignored the warning pain last week and now I'm paying for it. so depressing though. tfw your motivation is there but your body isn't up to the task... probably will go back to a sports medicine doctor this summer. and before anyone asks - no, no doctor has been able to really diagnose it. muscle imbalance? rotator cuff? alien implant? WHO KNOWS. gonna keep working out but having to go lighter and take longer breaks between workout days than I'd like, boo. might have to end up quitting lifting altogether for a couple weeks :/ we'll see.

- creatine: have you used it? was it effective? what did it do for you? as one of the most well-researched supplements I ain't asking y'all for a primer here - just your own experiences/thoughts.

1st paragraph: I just got through two different shoulder injuries, rotator cuff and deltoid sprain. put your forearm at a 90 degree angle, and the back of your hand pushing lightly against a wall. Push against the wall with the back of your hand, keeping the bicep straight up and down, and the forearm horizontal (your arm should be in an L shape). The bicep should stay stationary, only the forearm moves to the side. any pain? Repeat by putting your palm against a wall and lightly push the opposite direction. If either gives you a lot of pain, likely rotator cuff. Obvious caveat here I'm not a medical professional yada yada, Took an Orthopedic Physician to work out what my injuries are.

Re: Creatine; It's effective, probably the most-researched supplement out there for working out. It would speed my recovery time from workouts by a full day or so. Typically I only take it on leg days because fuck having shaky sore legs for 4 days every time. Be forewarned it will make you retain water if that's something you care about.

Only thing that works well and shows results that isn't TRT/Anavar/Tren. Water retention is mild, you won't bloat up crazy or anything, no need to cycle creatine either. I take a scoop each day in a glass of water and don't look back. Stuff is awesome.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Meresgi View Post
    Only thing that works well and shows results that isn't TRT/Anavar/Tren. Water retention is mild, you won't bloat up crazy or anything, no need to cycle creatine either. I take a scoop each day in a glass of water and don't look back. Stuff is awesome.
    Yep. Tons of studies and trials done. It's cheap and worth it. Get flavorless, no need to pay extra for sugars.

In other new I was clear by the doc today to start ramping up my activity to normal over the next 10 weeks. At that point I should be wide open(box jumps, sports activity). I also had blood drawn for a full thyroid and testosterone panel. Curious to see the results at age 33.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

thx guys, especially guitarman. if the rotator cuff is involved, it doesn't appear to be seriously injured - I've had it checked by doctors and also tried your suggestions as well as some others online and none of them really made me feel a lot of pain, other than the normal stiffness/ache. I have a sneaking suspicion it's somehow related to "mouse shoulder" as it is highly and easily aggravated by playing mouse/keyboard games, and I work a desk job so... yeah. probably a mix of previous RSI injuries from fire dancing and current lifestyle :/ I think I will go to the doctor again, once I get back from vacation. can't hurt (except for the wallet).

I did learn a lot in my research though. like for example, shoulder pain while doing bench presses is a) relatively common and b) at least partially relieved by using different yet similar exercises (e.g. dumbbell press) which allow for better range of motion/different grips. so cutting out bench presses entirely. I also found some stretches that help A LOT. including one foam roller stretch which, yaeh, let's just say it's my first time doing a foam roller and I might have sworn A LOT and loudly

so yay creatine. that's pretty much what I've heard lol. it also appears to (possibly?) have antidepressant effects as well (maybe). overall it's cheap, effective, and there seems to be no reason not to take it (unless you overdo it and damage your kidneys which takes A LOT) so...

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

You can also check out some Kelly Starretts video on scapula and shoulder problems. Buy a lacrosse ball and dig around the rotator cuff area and I bet you find some nasty spots.

It takes a lot of work to keep the scapula and rotator cuff surgery healthy if you do a bunch of pressing. Rotator cuff imbalance along with tight traps and chest causes a lot of pain and disfunction.

I have a torn labrum and probably some other issues. If I had time before my deductible reset I would get it fixed. The shoulder repair would be much easier than the torn Achilles repair. I still might have it done next year.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Quote Originally Posted by Gustave View Post
    You can also check out some Kelly Starretts video on scapula and shoulder problems. Buy a lacrosse ball and dig around the rotator cuff area and I bet you find some nasty spots.

It takes a lot of work to keep the scapula and rotator cuff surgery healthy if you do a bunch of pressing. Rotator cuff imbalance along with tight traps and chest causes a lot of pain and disfunction.

I have a torn labrum and probably some other issues. If I had time before my deductible reset I would get it fixed. The shoulder repair would be much easier than the torn Achilles repair. I still might have it done next year.

I bought a pack of tennis balls to do this with and dear, God, does it hurt like nothing else to work that area. But very helpful.

Hope you're back tearing it up soon, Gustave. It blows ass to not be able to go all out.

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

Finally starting to see some weight loss, down about 6lbs so far after getting a diet plan and sticking to the changes. I have some off days here and there but the success of the program has been hard to argue with seeing as how I clocked a 12lb weight gain prior to starting it.

This thread is HUEG! You might want to consider creating a new thread.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag