Lakshmi

Congratulations man

Pied Piper of the Homos
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

On a sad note, John Meadows passed away

https://generationiron.com/john-meadows-dies/

Damn, as much as i want to go in my sleep, just having it happen randomly is fucked up.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

This summer I tried and still lost 22 pounds, it was hard, but now I am very happy with myself! So guys, pull yourself together and go for beautiful bodies!))

Pied Piper of the Homos
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I've been sick the last few weeks and ended up losing 25 lbs. Hit 258. Slowly getting back into working out.

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

I was wondering what was going on. Get better soon, I've been putting together my own workouts and that has not been nearly as rewarding.

I couldn't imagine how big you have to be, that being sick for a few weeks = 25 pounds of weight loss.

Went to a powerlifting comp (One of those little ones for new lifters). Had about 30 people. I've discovered that if i lost about 50 pounds, and turned into a girl, i might be able to win one of these things. Nearing the end of my bulk and my lifts have been moving up so I was feeling good about myself, that put a quick end to that. These fucking 160~170 pound guys lifting 600+.... put my ego in check quick.

GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
    I was wondering what was going on. Get better soon, I've been putting together my own workouts and that has not been nearly as rewarding.
    I don't work for this company but love their programming: https://www.barbellmedicine.com/shop...ing-templates/

I rotate between their hypertrophy and strength focused templates

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Yabby View Post
    I couldn't imagine how big you have to be, that being sick for a few weeks = 25 pounds of weight loss.

Went to a powerlifting comp (One of those little ones for new lifters). Had about 30 people. I've discovered that if i lost about 50 pounds, and turned into a girl, i might be able to win one of these things. Nearing the end of my bulk and my lifts have been moving up so I was feeling good about myself, that put a quick end to that. These fucking 160~170 pound guys lifting 600+.... put my ego in check quick.
    Lol good for you for signing up. I've avoided them for the same reason - I'm competitive and don't love the idea of other people demolishing my numbers -_-

My squat and bench numbers are solid for my proportions but DL has always been lacking. If that ever gets respectable I'd like to try a comp for fun

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Going to the comps is good just for insight to what's out there in your own area. Found a few gyms that i didn't know existed that way with some good people. Watching people 40-50lbs lighter than me lift 200+ more is pretty amazing to see too. It's a long day and your body will hurt from the long waits between lifts but i enjoyed the few i did.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Pied Piper of the Homos
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I'll tell you one rule after a competition: do not drive after. Have someone drive for you or spend the night there. I was driving home 3 hours from my first state meet and I sneezed on the highway and my entire body cramped up so hard I was completely straight and almost rear ended a semi

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I’ve lost 23 pounds in 2 months. I’m still obese but it’s the first time in 15 years I’ve lost weight two months in a row when trying.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

back to crunch time cold turkey on alcohol and anything that tastes good, lol for the next 5 weeks until my con. Already a week dry and been shitting out cardio like mad since the start of last month. Last 5 weeks we taking it up a notch. Did 4.5 hours of cardio the last 3 days in a row, probably just gonna keep doing it until my convention next month

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cream Soda View Post
    back to crunch time cold turkey on alcohol and anything that tastes good, lol for the next 5 weeks until my con. Already a week dry and been shitting out cardio like mad since the start of last month. Last 5 weeks we taking it up a notch. Did 4.5 hours of cardio the last 3 days in a row, probably just gonna keep doing it until my convention next month
    Jesus, sounds intense

I'm doing a proper cut for the first time ever, tired of having some excess belly fat even though it isn't really visible unless I'm shirtless. I've always been too worried about losing strength/muscle in the process #aesthetics

Was as high as a 36" waist at 6'1" 190 back in March

Down to 33" at 174 lbs now with no clear strength or muscle loss.

I'm forever terrified of being rail thin again so this was a great confidence-boosting result. Will probably continue with the slow cut a bit longer before starting the slooooow bulk

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Yeah, the whole "Cardio you'll lose gains" thing is mostly a meme unless you're a career marathon runner or something like that

And I've been doing my cardio in a way to split it up through diff body parts to give others time to rest.

Part A is a 30 mile bike ride ~2hrs

Part B is 5k worth of the fitness trail at Fossil Park (so instead of just a straight 3 mile run, it's jog a bit, there's a pull up bar. Jog a bit, there's some parallel bars, jog a bit, jumping up and down off tables, etc.). Takes about 35-45 mins

Part C. legs rested enough to bike again, I take my shortest route, 17 miles ~hourish

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

"Cardio"
    Never realized how shitty my cardio/aerobic capacity actually was until I started road cycling. I hardly ever lift upper body anymore.

Right now I'm riding 5 days a week, lifting legs once, and a crossfit like wod about 50 mins.

Looks something like -

Monday - 30-45 mins tempo ride. z3ish heart rate/power.
    Tuesday - Hard group ride. Multiple vo2max efforts, empty the tank. 32 miles.
    Wednesday - Squat/Power Clean+Jerk or Deadlift/Power Clean+Jerk plus 15 x 10s max effort sprint intervals on the trainer.
    Thursday - Z2/Tempo Ride - 1 hour
    Friday - Outside ride 30-40 miles, do what you feel like.
    Saturday - Row and Kettlebell WOD/Circuit. 50 mins.

Trying to get down to 165lbs to help with climbs.

Also SO MANY CARBS. My pantry is always stocked with carbs and shit I would have never bought back when I just lifted 4-5 days a week. Shit you can and have to eat when you burn an extra 6-7k cals a week.

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

If you keep up with a routine like that you're not gonna have any issue hitting your goal weight

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

If you keep up with a routine like that you're not gonna have any issue hitting your goal weight
    Stuck around 180 right now. I'm sure I'll break through at some point.

This thread is HUEG! You might want to consider creating a new thread.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag