+ Reply to Thread
Page 139 of 153 FirstFirst ... 89 129 137 138 139 140 141 149 ... LastLast
    Pied Piper of the Homos
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Shoulders

I went to the wrong gym to do this workout.

DB Shoulder Press:
    4x10 and on set 5x10 then a drop set and run the rack. This was cardio.

Incline DB Bench
    4 x 15

Cable Lateral raise
    4x 15, 5th set 12 + 15 drop set reps, 6th set 12 + 20 drop set reps

Cable Front Raise
    5 x 12 with straight bar, going above my head

DB Lateral Raises
    5 x 15
    Superset
    DB Lateral Partials
    5 x 40

DB Rear Delt Flies
    5 x 20

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Man you do a lot of reps per set

Pied Piper of the Homos
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Steroids are great

If only i trusted anyone around me enough to get them....

Pied Piper of the Homos
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I've been using the same guy for like 3 years now. He's pretty great.

Pied Piper of the Homos
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Also we live within an hour of each other.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Yabby View Post
    If only i trusted anyone around me enough to get them....
    can just order them online from colonial labs or wherever, need a crypto wallet though

Milk over here trying to make everyone a beast.

BG Level

Babbys first bulgarian split squats are fucking me up

Pied Piper of the Homos
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

ARMS

Rope Triceps Pushdown
    4 x 15

Rope Overhead extensions
    4 x 12
    Superset
    Dips
    4 x Failure

Pushups
    200, I changed the type every 25 or so

Straight bar cable curl
    4 x 15
    Superset
    Cable Drag Curls
    4 x12

Seated alternating incline curls
    4 x 10
    Superset
    Standing alternating hammer curls

Cable triceps kickbacks
    4 x 15 each arm
    Superset
    Ez Bar reverse forearm curl
    4 x 12

Hanging leg lifts
    4 x 15

Planks
    4 x 45 secs with a 45 lb plate.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Greetings! First time checking out this new thread, but does anyone have recommendations for cardio workouts that do not involve legs? I recently took up rope skipping in addition to just running, switching between the two every day, but it appears that I managed to fly too close to the sun again and messed up something in the hollow of my right knee.

Back story to that: Probably a delayed reaction to the time I reworked the whole garden from squat positions over the course of a week, spending about two to three hours each day. When I tried to push a shelf with a very low center of balance the day after that, I could very noticeably feel something in the hollow of my left knee, which took a few weeks to heal, but I suppose my right one also suffered from it, just not to the extent that it was aching.

After the recovery of my left knee (during which I still did my daily regimen of muscle exercises, just avoiding the ones that involve the knee, gradually integrating them as it got better), I went back to running in addition to my daily training regimen (two 18-20 minute sessions each day, one on Saturday/Sunday, four different exercises for four minutes each with the fifth one either being a case of doing as many repetitions as I can or ones that simply require me to maintain a specific position as long as I can), replacing one of the sessions with a run. Worked my way up to 20 km again over the course of four weeks or so and took up rope skipping during the fourth week. For rope skipping, I'd do 30 minute sessions, taking short breaks every 5 minutes, although progress there was very good and by the fourth session I got as far as 1130 or so over the course of roughly 10 minutes (way more fun than I expected). Unfortunately, that was the last session due to the aforementioned issue with my knee as it started aching slightly, then got worse after I did a final 5 km run just to check if it's something I need to be worried about.

Following that, I've been taking it easy on the legs while still following my daily regiment for the past two weeks since it happened (although I reduced it to one session each day, only raised it to two this week). However, I've been very careful about the legs this time because this knee does feel slightly worse than the left one did, but it seems to be getting better. At this point, I'm just growing increasingly impatient since I like cardio and leg exercises the most and I can practically feel myself gaining weight (though I did rework my whole food plan today due to that, so that's something) despite the daily regimen, so to substitute running and rope skipping (and possibly serve as a third/fourth option to allow for more rest for the individual zones when I'm in top condition again), I'd like to see if there's anything cool I can do that does not involve the legs.

From the looks of it, swimming could be nice as long as I use only the arms, but swimming and public spaces are still kind of eh due to the time it takes to get to the pool on top of people gathering there.

Things that come to mind:

1. Swimming as you listed is amazing. You can still use your legs and it will not have much impact on your knees. If you can enjoy swimming, you have it made. Amazing cardio and gives nice wide shoulders.
    2. Body combat classes and/or boxing in some form. Lots of upper body and anytime I do these for more than 30 mins, my back feels it the next day. Feels amazing.
    3. Rowing: Most gyms have a rower somewhere and you can take your legs 100% out of it if you wanted.

If you are looking for something at home, Beachbody "The Work" has a lot of good workouts where they focus on push/pull. You still use your legs, but you can take a lot of that out and just do the upper body stuff.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Yabby View Post
    Things that come to mind:

1. Swimming as you listed is amazing. You can still use your legs and it will not have much impact on your knees. If you can enjoy swimming, you have it made. Amazing cardio and gives nice wide shoulders.
    2. Body combat classes and/or boxing in some form. Lots of upper body and anytime I do these for more than 30 mins, my back feels it the next day. Feels amazing.
    3. Rowing: Most gyms have a rower somewhere and you can take your legs 100% out of it if you wanted.

If you are looking for something at home, Beachbody "The Work" has a lot of good workouts where they focus on push/pull. You still use your legs, but you can take a lot of that out and just do the upper body stuff.
    Oh, damn, thank you for the suggestions! I looked into those and actually gave boxing a try today. I've never thrown a real punch in my life, but it seems fun and useful, so I'll probably see where I can take this, although I'll probably stick with shadowboxing for now. Seems like there's plenty of information on it online, but will probably see if there's any must-have sources/books somewhere.

Rowing also looks interesting, may have to give it a try if I can find a reasonably cheap machine somewhere. Definitely giving me flashbacks of my grandma's lawnmower, though. Can still feel that cord in my right shoulder.

In general, I'll probably just expand my cardio selection. I think I'll give swimming a try after all and go on Saturday mornings since the pool opens at at 6 AM. Wondering if it would be good idea to condense my two daily 20 minutes sessions into one 30 minute session or so and handle that one in the morning before the post-training meal, then just do a daily afternoon cardio session, switching between running/cycling/rope skipping/swimming/boxing/rowing possibly to avoid putting too much stress on the legs.

At the very least, I can probably do some thigh exercises again. Gave it a try today and anything that does not involve stretching of the knees seems to be reasonably fine. Lunges and squats seem slightly risky, but other ones such as samson's chair etc. seem to be okay, so that's a start at least. Calfs seem to be a no-go, though, which is unfortunate.

Pied Piper of the Homos
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Fucking goals

I don't know how you are linking these, but I don't have an Instagram account and it wants to force me to make one to view these... which... no.

Vid more based around 2x each week per muscle but good material and why you don't need a shit ton of different exercises like most people do at the gym "bro I gotta do incline/decline/flat/DB and barbell and 2 diff flys!"

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

i have been doing way too many sets

Quote Originally Posted by Andalusian girls View Post
    i have been doing way too many sets
    The RP website has a good writeup

https://rpstrength.com/hypertrophy-t...e-central-hub/

Lists a lot of maxes for each muscle group, also depends on how often you train

This thread is HUEG! You might want to consider creating a new thread.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag