+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 153 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 ... LastLast
    I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

I honestly never got what feathers were, but striations is basically being lean as hell to where you can visibly see your striated muscle

http://imgc.allpostersimages.com/ima...ted-muscle.jpg

Basically the cuts/lines in someone's physique

Tekki's Bitch
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

feathers are just another word for striations

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by RKenshin View Post
    Don't know what my measurements are at this moment or the last time I took them (August), but I know that in May I was at:
    Forearm: 12 inches
    Biceps: 15
    Chest: 42.5
    Waist: 32.5
    Hips: 41
    Quad: 24
    Calves: 15
    I like how we're around the same size pretty much everywhere but I look so slim compared to what I (think I) remember you looking like in a picture you recently posted. Do you think you got much bigger since, cause you look significantly fuller, even though we had around the same measurements?

Phone pics, and I have no full length mirror at home:
    Spoiler: show

Really? Same/similar measurements? I see what you mean, you're definitely more lean... so it must be mostly a difference in frame and maybe even genetics to an extent.

The measurements I posted above were from the start of the fitness competition (~April), looking like this:

Speaking of the competition, I totally forgot about posting my finishing pictures... well, fuck lol. I blame it on being in the Sports forum.

Anyway, those measurements/pictures were also the biggest I've been all year. I'm about 10lbs and 2-3% BF lower right now, with the following measurements (more accurate now too with a better tape method):
    Forearm: 11.5-11.75 (left to right)
    Biceps: 15.5-15.0
    Chest: 41.5
    Waist: 31
    Hips:37.5
    Quad: 23.75-23.75
    Calves: 15-15

Still mostly the same measurements, but much leaner now.

But yeah, my frame is pretty small, which is why I gave up on my initial idea of thinking that 180-190lbs would be a good goal weight. I'd look a little too big/'puffy' for my tastes, and maintaining flexibility/agility is important to me. Interesting how we look totally different with similar measurements, definitely speaks to the whole genetics/frame size points.

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

Never really put a progress pic up here and hesitant to do so but w/e.

1RM maxes are
    DL:365
    Squat:305
    Bench:175
    OHP:90..

Broke 2 vertabrae so im trying to reclaim my DL max again currently at 315

I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

BG Level

139 lbs? How tall are you?

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kuya View Post
    139 lbs? How tall are you?
    5'9-5'10 my bones really thin/light.

GATTACA!

BG Level

that's insane. I've only got 3-4 inches on you, weigh 155, and look waaaaaaay skinnier. at my biggest/strongest at 170 I still looked way thinner than that

amazing progress though, nice job. how long was the time period between the 112 and 155 pics?

I clean, I jerk, and I have a decent snatch.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Jesus I wish I was 139 pounds....

In other news, I hit one of my goals I wanted to achieve before the end of the year.

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    how long was the time period between the 112 and 155 pics?
    112-130 was the hardest part and took like 1-2years because i was basically breaking out of ffxi induced anorexia and not really a damn clue what i was doin in the gym. 160-139 drop off just happened from september-october cuz of heartbreak/depression/cocainery. My ideal goal is 170lbs but 160 felt like such an impossible mountain when i got to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hushigoshi View Post
    when u slowed the speed and the lights started flickerin i honestly thought a fat beat was about to drop.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

BG Fitness Fanatics II: We Work Out

Cocaine will make you drop some fucking weight, that's for sure.

Also I guess I get to join the 15" bicep club as of today. Yey. But forearms only about 11.2" which is probably some of my DL problems.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    that's insane. I've only got 3-4 inches on you, weigh 155, and look waaaaaaay skinnier.
    Was going to post the same thing. 5'11'' 155, and I feel like I'm closer to his "before" than the "after". And I struggle just to maintain that, pretty much forcing my 2400 calories down with great difficulty.

What horseshit.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    Cocaine will make you drop some fucking weight, that's for sure.

Also I guess I get to join the 15" bicep club as of today. Yey. But forearms only about 11.2" which is probably some of my DL problems.
    Shrug heavy all deyyyyyyyyy.

I was losing grip at 315 for anything over 2 reps. I'm perfectly fine doing 12 x 315 and hitting PR way before my grip gives out now.

I only have 11.75 inch forearms and been shrugging heavy for about 3 months, too.

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

Do farmers walks for DL grip strength, once i did that i was able to double overhand up to 365 with no problem whatsoever in regards to grip failing.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Celeras View Post
    Was going to post the same thing. 5'11'' 155, and I feel like I'm closer to his "before" than the "after". And I struggle just to maintain that, pretty much forcing my 2400 calories down with great difficulty.

What horseshit.
    I have to supplement with liquid calories to hit 3k+. I tried "100% food" brand but it doesn't mix well. Prob just gonna bite the bullet and order soylent but they have shipping issues so it takes 2-3 months for your first shipment.

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

When i got up to 160 i was eating around 3400calories a day of pure mcnuggets and fish and chips. Eating food and gaining weight is a nightmare and i hate it.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Celeras View Post

What horseshit.
    Holy shit, are you me?

5'11" 155 (on a good day). I started out at 135 (about a year and a half ago) and it's ridiculously hard for me to gain weight. I stuff myself as much as possible but going past 2500 calories is hard for me since I try to eat somewhat healthy (no fastfood besides lots of pizza, etc)

Edit: About a month ago:

Probably going to hate me... but I can totally throw back 2k+ calories in a single meal with no problem lol. CS probably has me beat though!

But, ironically enough I still have had the same problem. I can eat like that and total 4-5k+ calories a day and it's still a struggle to put on weight. I did that just about every single day for ~8 months and still only put on 15-20lbs total (and could barely hold onto that last 5 lbs). On the other hand, I'd rather struggle to put on weight than struggle to keep it off.

A good 1.5k calories/day or so during that period was from drinking; made some super heavy shakes. Definitely wouldn't have been able to put on what little weight I did without that part of it, so I'd second that recommendation.

Otherwise though, yeah, the feeling of eating like a maniac all day every day and then stuffing yourself with high-calorie shakes is pretty damn terrible.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

When you say high calorie shakes do you mean with an added powder or just from the ingredients you put in them? I try making shakes with my "Up your Mass" powder, but it just doesn't sit right in my stomach and makes me feel a little off if, that makes any sense.

I barely drink any water at all and drink mostly apple/orange/cranberry 100% juices along with the occasional pepsi or snapple because they're free at work.

Yeah... know what you mean about the powder, I bought a bag of weight gainer (which was really just a shitton of carbs[as maltodextrine] + whey) and after I finished it I never bought another. Made me feel even more bloated/uncomfortable/gassy than I already felt.

Can get basically the same effect with some combination of milk, protein powder, peanut butter, oats, and/or granola tossed into a blender... and feel much better. Can add in other delicious stuff too (berries, bananas, ice cream for even more calories, etc). Won't be as calorie dense as gainer, but it's easy to get ~500+ calories in a shake. I made one for each meal and that brought me up to 1.5k.

This thread is HUEG! You might want to consider creating a new thread.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag