+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 153 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 ... LastLast

Please do, Zet. I'm reading everything at work so I'll have a better reply around 4 pm pst.

I clean, I jerk, and I have a decent snatch.
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Airenn View Post
    Please do, Zet. I'm reading everything at work so I'll have a better reply around 4 pm pst.
    If you want to get a jump start to this process, download MyFitnessPal or Lose It! for your smartphone from the app store. They're both food journal apps. Start tracking EVERYTHING AND ANYTHING YOU PUT IN YOUR MOUTH. IT will seems tedious, but it's an eye opener to how much, or how little, you consume. A majority of store bought foods and restaurant items are actually in the app, simply search of them and you can enter it into your journal.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Hushigoshi View Post
    If you want to get a jump start to this process, download MyFitnessPal or Lose It! for your smartphone from the app store. They're both food journal apps. Start tracking EVERYTHING AND ANYTHING YOU PUT IN YOUR MOUTH. IT will seems tedious, but it's an eye opener to how much, or how little, you consume. A majority of store bought foods and restaurant items are actually in the app, simply search of them and you can enter it into your journal.
    This is an important part.

PM'd you a pretty decent starting point. Get back to me if you have anymore questions. That goes for anyone else too. I'm not a huge gym person but I lost 80 lbs (and counting) by tracking and adjusting my diet. More than happy to help.

Pay No Attention to the Man Behind the Curtain
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ragns Meuhie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Here's what worked for me: I bought a cheap used stationary bike and dumbbells. About 40$ total for my ghetto setup.

Since I started training and changing my nutrition I've been losing consistenly 2 to 2.5lbs per month without that much effort. I don't exactly count my calories but I try to not go beyond 1800 calories per day.

I mostly take 0 calories drinks like water, aspartame murder sodas or black coffee. My only exceptions are milk and booze (sometimes together). Many people will feel more hungry when drinking any kind of carbonated drinks including water so try to stay away from those if you can.

I also cut on most of my intakes of bread, pasta and potatoes while switching to high fiber / whole grains alternative.

I've been far from following a strict diet and been doing everything very lazily but I managed to lose almost 50 lbs so far and currently aiming to lose another 10 lbs of fat. My ideal meals looks something like: eggs + oats for breakfast, meat + rice + veggies for lunch and meat + veggies for dinner. For snacks I usually stick to stuff like: almonds, greek yogurt and fruits.

I changed my habits very gradually staying away from any drastic changes to not get unmotivated after a few weeks. Take things slowly if it's too much for you and never give up.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Zetanio View Post
    I'm not a huge gym person but I lost 80 lbs (and counting) by tracking and adjusting my diet. More than happy to help.
    -87lbs since december, including a 2 month maintenance period(which I regret but it was needed). Since restarting my cut I am -20.2lbs in the last 48 days(results not typical). Diet being a huge contributor.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I stalled all summer to be able to enjoy the weddings and travel I had to do. On my way down again now. About -14 since Labor Day.

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

Alright folks. I'm moving soon and with that move I am going to try and get healthier and lose about 25 pounds. Hopefully if I tell you guys, I'll be shamed enough into being more motivated about this.

Last DR. visit I weighed at 150 and I'm about 5'5-5'6. Last scale weigh in I am 146. I have been drastically cutting down on the soda I drink and filling it with coffee in the morning and water. As someone who was addicted to soda for every drink/meal, this is a huge improvement BUT.

Without scrolling through all these pages, what are basic things I can do to start dropping weight? I'm cutting sugars down and watching calories.

Should I be notebooking how many calories I eat in a day? Everything I do eat?

Anyone familiar with Chuze Fitness? http://chuzefitness.com/locations/rancho-bernardo/

Should I bother with a gym at all, or just start jogging?

My biggest problem is snacking and muffins. Fuckin Blueberry muffins before work are a huge weakness.

I have always had a slim figure but I hit the big 3-0 recently and in the last couple years the metabolism has slowed down combined with a laziness factor that would surprise no one. I have a terrible eating regime and really don't know where to start to create better habits. I don't like to cook, but I know that I am going to have to.

Or I'll cook things like grilled cheese with tomato soup and that's probably not diet/lose weight friendly. Ok, enough rambling.

I plan on a yogurt + coffee for breakfast today, work, and then research a bit more when I get home and start executing any ideas you folks may have for me.

Side note: I have a fitbit and it's charging! I swear to god I'mma use this thing.
    Start with the basic eat less move more, then you can move onto diet changes like cutting out all drinks that aren't water and avoiding obviously sugary worthless foods. Beyond this you enter the realm of calorie counting quickly followed by a focus on adjusting your macro nutrient intake. You can change your body massively with just this, as for exercise that is totally dependent on what you want but your doing the world and yourself a disservice if you aren't doing hip thrusts.

Quote Originally Posted by FNH View Post
    Drinking your calories is an instant no-go,
    Worried about this as I enjoy coffee right now and the rest of my fluid intake has been water. Sodas have been cut drastically down, now I am working on out.

Quote Originally Posted by Hushigoshi View Post
    Nutrition > exercise.
    I am fully aware of this and have been making many small, slow changes. Less eating out, smaller portions, less soda > to no soda > less sugars > better diet > more fruits, vegetables > less butter and salt in things > etc.

You all may be thinking "but that's common sense and easy" but for me it's not. I was blessed and for a decade of my adult years I didn't have to give a FUCK what I ate. Not to mention my personality is not one to change on a hinge over night, it truly has to be the baby-ish steps. So, while I had a good run, I know this shit isn't going to be easy or overnight. So any help or explain-like-i'm-five topics you might think a retarded lazy person might know, feel free to toss out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragns View Post
    Here's what worked for me: I bought a cheap used stationary bike and dumbbells. About 40$ total for my ghetto setup.

I also cut on most of my intakes of bread, pasta and potatoes while switching to high fiber / whole grains alternative.

For snacks I usually stick to stuff like: almonds, greek yogurt and fruits.

I changed my habits very gradually staying away from any drastic changes to not get unmotivated after a few weeks. Take things slowly if it's too much for you and never give up.
    I do not have the option of buying and housing any kind of...anything really. That is why I am considering a gym membership. I've never been the yoga-pants-treadmilling-it-HARD-for-AN-HOUR-with-my-homemade-protein-shake-type-girl but... I'm going to be single with more free time and not having to plan with/around another person and I want to take this time to build up good habits before I even attempt to meet someone else. I don't want to become this... stagnant ever again.

I know I will have to go about it much like you did and I am ok with that.

I can do almonds and greek yogurt. Fruit, too. Are carrots ok because I love me some baby carrots.

And I work in a Italian restaurant.... It's so hard guys. I am working on a new job but that might not be for another month or MORE with all the other things that I am undertaking lately.

I did download MyFitnessPal and am tracking. I'll report back in a week or so on this.

Quote Originally Posted by thetruepandagod View Post
    your doing the world and yourself a disservice if you aren't doing hip thrusts.
    Oh myy, I am not there yettttt

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

Any of you eat a Keto diet to support your weight loss? I've struggled up and down for 13 years. I've been on Keto since July and I'm already under the lowest weight I've ever been in my adult life. All those other times I would burn out at a certain point and my body would rebel. I couldn't work out anymore, couldn't do anything, total fatigue. Now I'm further than I've ever been and still have nearly 100% of the energy needed to keep pushing forward. Really looking forward to where this goes.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

BG Fitness Fanatics II: We Work Out

Worried about this as I enjoy coffee right now and the rest of my fluid intake has been water. Sodas have been cut drastically down, now I am working on out.
    Black coffee has almost zero calories; we're talking like 5 calories per 8 ounces. It's the lattes, mochas, and frappes that are killer towards your nutrition.

A latte, which is nothing more than a shot of espresso and whole milk, is around 200 calories for a grande (16oz) from Starbucks.

8 ounces of lean grilled chicken breast is also 200 calories. Guess which one will make you feel fuller for longer?

Quote Originally Posted by Jamison View Post
    Any of you eat a Keto diet to support your weight loss? I've struggled up and down for 13 years. I've been on Keto since July and I'm already under the lowest weight I've ever been in my adult life. All those other times I would burn out at a certain point and my body would rebel. I couldn't work out anymore, couldn't do anything, total fatigue. Now I'm further than I've ever been and still have nearly 100% of the energy needed to keep pushing forward. Really looking forward to where this goes.
    My athletic lifestyle cannot support a keto diet. Two workouts a day, plus working as a personal trainer for 6-10 hours a day, I need carbs to just function, let alone workout lol.

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

Anyone else ever wish they could just inject calories because they hate eating enough to make proper gains. I would kill for the option of just never eating food again and surviving on ice chips and water.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Anyone else ever wish they could just inject calories because they hate eating enough to make proper gains. I would kill for the option of just never eating food again and surviving on ice chips and water.

I love food too much. =/

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I have the opposite feeling.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Yeah total opposite. I have a huge problem with food.

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I had a friend who felt the same way, thought eating was a waste of time. Food it too tasty. I just don't understand :/

A bartender at my job had this exact same sentiment. I couldn't fathom it. It's weird. I love to eat or at least I love to taste.

I chew cookies and spit them out personally.

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

And then you have folks like me who gain 5 pounds per beer drank

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Food is way too delicious. Doesn't compute.

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

I do a keto Soylent variation for about 2/3rds of my meals. I know I have trouble controlling my food so eliminating the process is actually quite helpful to me. Keto helps greatly in keeping the hunger pains under control and I'm not nearly as fatigued on a regular basis.

This thread is HUEG! You might want to consider creating a new thread.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag