+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 153 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 105 ... LastLast
    I clean, I jerk, and I have a decent snatch.
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Airenn View Post
    Bananas have a lot of sugar in them. I am sad. Then I looked up how much sugar in other fruits and was immensely more sad. Relatively bananas are low on the scale, and I like 'em.
    "Sugar" is the common name for carbohydrates. There are good kinds of sugars, and there are bad kinds of sugars. Example of good sugars are found naturally in food; like fructose in fruit. It's heathy for you in moderation. Foods with natural sugars (like fruit and vegetables) come with vitamins, minerals, protein, phytochemicals and fiber. The presence of fiber makes a significant difference because it slows down the absorption of sugar, which moderates its impact on blood sugar.

The bad sugars are sometimes known as "added sugars". Like the sugar you'd find in a can of Coke, or the sugar you add to tea/coffee. Refined white sugar, high fructose corn syrup, brown sugar, honey, maple syrup, molasses, etc. these are all added sugars and should be digested in very minimal quantities.

The main thing to take away from this. Yes. Fruits have sugar. But it's ok. Fruit is good for you, but too much fruit can still make you fat. Eat in moderation, but don't eat too much of a good thing. Except water. Drink all the water you want. But don't overhydrate because you'll die.

I'm kidding.

No, I'm not.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Just stick to fresh fruit, and not dried or juice.

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by FNH View Post
    Just stick to fresh fruit, and not dried or juice.
    Yeah, drinking juice is pretty meh. You don't get the necessary fiber to stop your body from treating the juice like a massive sugar bomb.

Which it is. It's like drinking soda p much.

My fluid intake is coffee and water only lately. No sodas, juice or anything. I don't feel like I need those or want them. I feel like lead weight after too much of any of those. No point, and I ENJOY eating so fruits are a complete go here. I'm even excited to try new fruits.

Recommendations on greek yogurts? I went to Von's today and there's so. many. yogurts. I tend to stray towards the ones that are a little more "unhealthy" as far as yogurts go and realistically I don't need m&m pieces in my yogurt.

edit: the word yogurt now looks and sounds weird

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by thetruepandagod View Post
    Weighed myself after that post I was 142. Say hello to my first meal of the day before I go to gym in 4 hrs.
    Spoiler: show

Only things not pictured are rice/cheese and potato wedges im making.
    God fuck you; Zetanio ban him please.

I have the worst eating habits ever. Here is my Mon - Thurs eating schedule:

Breakfast: 16 oz sugar free Red Bull; I haven't eaten breakfast in years
    Lunch: Two slices of pizza (on the small side; not NY style slices) + side salad OR two sets of 6x sushi rolls + miso soup OR three shredded beef tacos from District Taco OR 1 large cup of soup from the grocery store (generally a heavier one like beef stew); I eat one of those four options almost every day
    Dinner: A bowl of cereal (generally Frosted Mini Wheats or Raisin Bran)

Friday is the same until dinner when I'll typically go HAM on some wings / beers. Saturday I generally eat a Dinner-Lunch at like 4 PM and that's it. Booze is the wild card. On a typical night out, I will take down 12-16 beers or drink equivalents.

I'm actually pretty happy at 190 though.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

My fluid intake is coffee and water only lately. No sodas, juice or anything. I don't feel like I need those or want them. I feel like lead weight after too much of any of those. No point, and I ENJOY eating so fruits are a complete go here. I'm even excited to try new fruits.

Recommendations on greek yogurts? I went to Von's today and there's so. many. yogurts. I tend to stray towards the ones that are a little more "unhealthy" as far as yogurts go and realistically I don't need m&m pieces in my yogurt.

Do plain Greek yogurt (Costco has this in bulk) and add your own fruit to it to sweeten it. Plain Greek yogurt is also great as a substitute for sour cream and as a filler for blended protein shakes.

The flavored Chobani and Oinkos Greek yogurts all have a lot of added sugar to them to sweeten them, in addition to what ever "fruit" they add.

It would preferably be something from Von's because they deliver. I can't buy much in bulk or from Costco as I do not have a car. But I will look for plain yogurt and add fruit.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

plain greek yogurt (fage is good, chobani's also good but a bit more tart)..What I do to make it easier to it is I add 10g of honey + 1 serving of PB peanut powder (12g) or you can substitute that with cinnamon, or just honey by itself is great.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Skip anything but the plain yogurts or the 100 calorie options from Chobani. The 100 cal ones have much MUCH less sugar than their regular counterparts. I like the pineapple/coconut and the key lime.

100 Calories Key Lime Chobani - for reference.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I am a huge glutton for cheesecake, so I am partial to the dannon light&fit strawberry cheesecake @ 80 cals. The dannon Greek whips are good too @100 calories. They are a mousse so they trick me into thinking I'm really having cheesecake. I use plain 0% for cooking applications.

I was looking to buy a foam roller off of Amazon. Does anyone have any recommendations for what to look for when buying one? I've never owned one before.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Just bought another 30 bucks in protein bars. I really hate my own cooking lol

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Quote Originally Posted by pohibaba View Post
    I was looking to buy a foam roller off of Amazon. Does anyone have any recommendations for what to look for when buying one? I've never owned one before.
    Plain, no bumps roller. It's what I use. No frills, no special anything. Just something cheap and effective.

It's a godsend for popping your back in to place, too.

edit:

I am a huge glutton for cheesecake, so I am partial to the dannon light&fit strawberry cheesecake @ 80 cals. The dannon Greek whips are good too @100 calories. They are a mousse so they trick me into thinking I'm really having cheesecake. I use plain 0% for cooking applications.
    This. I LOVE cheesecake, and these let me at least kind of pretend I'm having a treat. They're lifesavers.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by pohibaba View Post
    This is all you need. Go to Sports Authority or the like to get it

2nd'ing Hushi.

I picked mine up off of amazon, but as he said you may find it cheaper at a local sports/fitness store. In any case:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...rch_detailpage

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by RKenshin View Post
    2nd'ing Hushi.

I picked mine up off of amazon, but as he said you may find it cheaper at a local sports/fitness store. In any case:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...rch_detailpage
    Sometimes the local stores are cheaper, sometimes amazon is. I think target is the only one that really overprices this kind of stuff.

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I got mine from Amazon. Pretty much the exact same thing except mine is white.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lrak Sevenspears
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Also got mine off Amazon too which was cheaper for me personally than my local stores, although I live in the UK.

Unrelated: went for an xray on my knee last week, basically knee/upper leg slowly starts feeling like concrete after 3-4 miles. Got a letter today saying I need to make an appointment with my doctor to discuss the results. Not looking forward to it as surely if it was nothing they'd leave it? I'm convinced it's just my itb (been gently stretching/foam rolling it everyday) but just hope it's nothing to do with the joint too.

Quote Originally Posted by gt_killa View Post
    plain greek yogurt (fage is good, chobani's also good but a bit more tart)..What I do to make it easier to it is I add 10g of honey + 1 serving of PB peanut powder (12g) or you can substitute that with cinnamon, or just honey by itself is great.
    Hah. I dislike cinnamon, honey and PB. Sorry! Maybe in very small amounts but generally I do not find those tastes appealing.

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Wallaby organic plain Greek is my go to . I sometimes add fresh berries , chia seeds/sunflower seeds , honey to it. If it's too tart I love adding about half a packet truvia to it also.

This thread is HUEG! You might want to consider creating a new thread.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag