+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 153 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast
    GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Can anyone share some of their favorite lunches to bring to work? Especially for gainers.

I'm picky and if whatever I bring from home doesn't meet a base level of tastiness I will say fuck it and eat out.

Tekki's Bitch
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    Counting calories and keeping up with that sounds simple enough to me. But what gets me is that I have no clue what my typical/average calorie intact is or should be. And thus, I don't really know what amount I should be aiming for in order to cut fat and 350~500 calories a day.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121703981

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I hit 315 on front squats again the other day. My front rack still gets a little sloppy when going heavy. My elbows start dropping so I'm gonna work on that. I have a lit more in the tank if I can correct that.

All this Bulgarian squat talk got me to work in a couple sets. I worked up to 185 and damn my ass is sore!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Big day for me. For the first time in my life I am able to to unassisted dips. 3x8. I'm really, really happy.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Woooo boy. First day working out taking EC stack along with my pre-work out. Still working off the high, I love it. Had more energy today then I've had since I started going to the gym 6 months ago. I suppose I'm fine with the heightened heart rate, not sure if that's for everyone.

I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

BG Level

I thought they banned ephedrine and ephedra.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

uh, I'm in Canada so they allow it, though I don't think they allow it to be sold as a combined product.

http://www.fitshop.ca/4-everfit-ephe...0-tablets.html

from google.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Yea... I wouldn't take a pre workout with ec. Just take creatine, beta alinine and L arginine individually. The EC is plenty for energy.

Doesn't take it for granite
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

For myself ECA stacking alone made me almost too energetic and adding a PWO probably would make my heart asplode. I wouldn't recommend both unless you're really dialed in on dosage amounts and cycles because the shit is noticeably more addictive.

Also ephedrine is banned from public sale in the US. Prescription, private possession of legacy products, and use is kosher however. And I believe you can purchase up to 9 mg of the various herbal extract product versions (which is really just super watered down diet pills and decongestants) at a time which also is tracked by the FDA/police because meth.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost_Wheel22 View Post
    For myself ECA stacking alone made me almost too energetic and adding a PWO probably would make my heart asplode. I wouldn't recommend both unless you're really dialed in on dosage amounts and cycles because the shit is noticeably more addictive.

Also ephedrine is banned from public sale in the US. Prescription, private possession of legacy products, and use is kosher however. And I believe you can purchase up to 9 mg of the various herbal extract product versions (which is really just super watered down diet pills and decongestants) at a time which also is tracked by the FDA/police because meth.
    You can still buy it as an asthma relief in most states. You have to show ID and sign though.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Humm, I've been conditioned by years of daily red bulls so for the most part there wasn't an issue. However, the energy spike did last well over 3 hours and did affect my sleep last night, didn't get to sleep until around 2am compared to 12-1am usually. For now I'll probably half my Ephedrine intake. I can't really split up my PWO since it's just a jug.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

I thought we had a unwritten rule to talk about ecstack in PMS. Its not really something to promote to everyone because of the risks for out of shape people.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by dejet View Post
    I thought we had a unwritten rule to talk about ecstack in PMS. Its not really something to promote to everyone because of the risks for out of shape people.
    Humm, was it? I'll stop talking about it then.

Canadian Fury
    MANITOBA IS NOT A REAL PLACE

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

did this today, do not recommend

Edit: Also the best reason not to take a PWO along with ephedrine and caffeine is that the key ingredient in like every PWO is caffeine.

Pied Piper of the Homos
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Shiroikage View Post
    did this today, do not recommend

Edit: Also the best reason not to take a PWO along with ephedrine and caffeine is that the key ingredient in like every PWO is caffeine.
    Did it as well and with no straps, had some nice DOMS in my forearms. It's a special kind of hell afterwards.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Beasting it! I've been slacking since I have 2 baseball games a week. Still hitting legs hard but I don't get to much upper body work in. Probably just enough to maintain.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I started going to the gym about 5months ago or so. Been going every other day so far. Does anyone have any good advice for working specific areas? I've been mostly doing squats and back workouts like lat pull downs or whatever. I was benching for a little while, but I hurt my shoulder doing something and benching kinda hurts so I avoid that. I want to work on my chest/biceps/triceps, but without benching. Squatting has been kinda weird for me. I was doing 145lb without too much trouble until one day I lost balance and fell back, so I've been kinda weary trying that much weight. Now I've just been doing like 105lb but trying for below parallel with less weight. I haven't really moved up though with weight and I've been doing the 105lb for like a week or so.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

I've been using chest press machines instead of bench presses for around 3 months because I tweaked my right rotater, probably due to bad form so maybe those would help?

Fitbit says I have burned 900+ calories but I dont have the device just the app on my phone and I work operating a roller does this sound accurate?
    Edit: is brown rice considered starchy I was told to stay away from starches

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fallaci Isalie
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Tricen View Post
    I started going to the gym about 5months ago or so. Been going every other day so far. Does anyone have any good advice for working specific areas? I've been mostly doing squats and back workouts like lat pull downs or whatever. I was benching for a little while, but I hurt my shoulder doing something and benching kinda hurts so I avoid that. I want to work on my chest/biceps/triceps, but without benching. Squatting has been kinda weird for me. I was doing 145lb without too much trouble until one day I lost balance and fell back, so I've been kinda weary trying that much weight. Now I've just been doing like 105lb but trying for below parallel with less weight. I haven't really moved up though with weight and I've been doing the 105lb for like a week or so.
    You'll have to lightly experiment with what exercises don't cause pain in your shoulder. I'm sure you do already, but always make sure to warm-up before hand to prevent future injuries. The times where I neglect to warm-up with some form of cardio are the days where I hurt a muscle. I'm no body builder; I go to the gym 2-4 times a week and have been doing that for about 12 years now for the purpose of staying relatively lean and strong. I also have a pretty sensitive throwing-shoulder from playing baseball so I take that into account when I choose an exercise, however over the years I've developed a lot more stability in the area. Another thing I like to remind people is to go slowly back to your starting position in a rep; the general timing I do is a 4-0-1 or 3-0-1. On a pull-up for example that reads out as 1 second up, and 4 seconds down with no pause between reps, likewise for a press. I've found this emphasizes form and control which can once again prevent injury. Only reason I'm mentioning this is that I've trained with a number of friends and they neglect some of these things and get hurt 3-weeks in after they get some of those initial gains.

Some chest exercises to try (neglecting bench):
    Flys: lying down on a bench (incline/decline/flat), using cables, using a machine. I prefer using cables, and aligning them slightly above shoulder-height. Lean slightly forward with one foot in front meet your hands extended in the centre of your body.
    Dips: My personal favorite because it's one of those "primitive" movements and it works a lot of muscles (like your triceps that you mentioned). I'd only suggest you do this with a machine or if you can setup an elastic band to help you through the motion. Might be something to work towards if your shoulder or other muscle is limiting you.
    Machine-press: Machines in general are good at isolating a specific muscle so this should help you with avoiding shoulder pain. You can move your hands inside or outside past the designated grips to spice things up and get a slightly different push.
    Push-ups: Will work your triceps and chest. You can move your hand position freely but you will probably want to avoid moving them too far outwards as that will put some pressure on your shoulder.

Triceps I normally pair with chest because a lot of chest exercises naturally work your triceps out as well. I'll generally do the bulk of tricep work after I have already done my chest exercises because I don't want to restrict how much I bench or dip because my triceps are already tired; I find its easier to push through tired triceps than tired chest.

For triceps I just generally work with cables; I mean the motion the muscle goes through isn't complex so every exercise is going to be repeating the same motion. The compound exercises that you do for your chest (like dips or push-ups) will give you a slightly different feel though. I sometimes do skull-crushers, where you lye on a bench with a small bar above your chest and lower it slowly towards your forehead and then extend back. Start light with that one because it an hurt your elbow tendons if you're not accustomed to it.

My bicep routine is generally pull-ups/chin-ups followed by curls with either a bar or dumbbells or cable. I find doing it with a bar gives a better work out. Don't get into a habit of rearing back to get the bar up. If you're at that point either lighten the weight or hit the bicep machine to finish off your sets/reps. 21's are a good exercise to do with a bar: 7 reps from rest to half, 7 from half to full, 7 from rest to full, on the final 7 go slowly down (like 5 seconds or more). It's pretty easy to tire out your biceps and I'm generally contempt after about 9 sets worth of exercises.

You're already working on squats which is awesome, but slowly work towards pull-ups, dips and deadlifts. I've been taught/told by numerous fitness coaches they are the the 4 best exercises to do so I've been doing them for years and the results they give in terms of strength, power and athleticism are noticeable. I get pretty bored at the gym so I only go for 45min-1:15 combined and in that I generally do 18-24 sets focusing on 2-3 muscle groups, 10min warm-up, and 10min of abs.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 153 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast

This thread is HUEG! You might want to consider creating a new thread.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag