Page 97 of 153 FirstFirst ... 47 87 95 96 97 98 99 107 147 ... LastLast

all the weight you likely lost doing that was muscle mass

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by chazzyphizzle View Post
    I'm being careful w/ not losing muscle mass on my ridiculous cut.

I'm doing 1,300 cals a day, and biking 20 miles a day minimum (40+ at least 3 days a week), gym 5 days a week. Been a few weeks now, but I haven't lost any reps/had to lower the weight in the gym. I use that as an indicator of when I'm teetering on the edge and need to eat more cals.

Only 6 more days though and I'm good. I started my cut way too late, so I'm going extreme leading up to my vacation. Then I'm good from then on out

yeah but you're a freak of nature, shukudai likely is not

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

You right

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Gryffes View Post
    You can use most of the tracking apps and they will sync with strava - works with garmin connect, ridewithgps, etc.

The flyby/club stuff is aight, but this chrome addon adds a ton of metrics that makes it worthwhile.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...klkbljcgicpckn
    So just saw this and guy at bike store also recommended strava but was kind of wondering what exactly is the appeal/does it do? I already have a garmin gps unit and use connect a little bit largely to help me remember when I go to/left work lol but also to keep track of progress some

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by chazzyphizzle View Post
    The body always burns fat before muscle, otherwise dieting wouldn't work at all and no one would ever lose weight. Fasting can actually increases HGH levels and make growing muscle easier in the long run. Obviously not if you fast until you're an Auschwitz survivor, but regular fasting (what fat people usually call "starvation mode") has a lot of health benefits

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Just popped a 5hr energy. About to do this 40 mile ride that will total me to over 200 for the week in the first time since I went to college at 2 different campuses in one semester.

All while

-Hitting my obstacle course 4 times this week
    -Gym 5 days this week
    -1,300 cals a day (though last night I caved and ate an extra protein bar, so 1,600 last night)

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

I check this thread to try and keep myself motivated to do what little I do, but holy cow cs how much fat do you have to be doing all that and only eating 1.3k cals a day?

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Not sure, haven't even looked in a mirror in like 8 months.

Just not satisfied w/ how I look in the mirror. I'd probably estimate 11-13% bf right now.

2600klub
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    So just saw this and guy at bike store also recommended strava but was kind of wondering what exactly is the appeal/does it do? I already have a garmin gps unit and use connect a little bit largely to help me remember when I go to/left work lol but also to keep track of progress some
    Mostly personal progress tracking and record keeping.

I can see week to week/month to month how many miles I rode/didn't ride, it logs all the sensors you wanna throw at it ( HRM, cadence, barometer, temp, etc ) whether my fitness is improving ( $40 wahoo HRM ), what my PBs are on specific loops I like to do, etc. etc.

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

2 more days this cardio/diet grind and it's vacation time.

Went from mid-high 180's to 167 in 3-3.5 weeks.

I'm pretty much dead at this point. Got slaughtered on Saturday's bike ride lol. (Got dropped very early on, then just did the rest of my miles solo since I couldn't catch the group)

Gym strength seems fine haven't lost any numbers. Will confirm w/ tonight's squats (and i biked 34 miles this morning, so if I can hit my numbers on top of that, then I'm doing good on muscle mass retention)

Edit: Struggled pretty hard, but got my 3 sets of 4 on the squats today.

So I was like "man this was a lot harder than last time" (I run a 5 week spreadsheet, so the last time I would have done this specific workout was 5 weeks ago, which is pretty much leading into this diet (and before i was 1300 cals strict, I was doing 1600ish, so was still on a cut at the time, just not as hard)

So I go back and check last spreadsheet's week 3 (I'm currently on week 3 if that wasn't obvious) and it was 10 lbs less than I had to do today. So while I did struggle, that was with an increased amount of weight, rather than last spreadsheet's weight

So I'm good on that front. Surprised I was able to even increase the weight on a cut.

You are a fucking beast CS.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Gryffes View Post
    Mostly personal progress tracking and record keeping.

I can see week to week/month to month how many miles I rode/didn't ride, it logs all the sensors you wanna throw at it ( HRM, cadence, barometer, temp, etc ) whether my fitness is improving ( $40 wahoo HRM ), what my PBs are on specific loops I like to do, etc. etc.
    Hmmm sounds like a lot of the things garmin connect already does minus the sensors I don't have because I'm not that hardcore... yet. Might look more into it if/when my leg gets better enough to step up my game

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Looks like I timed this crash diet really well.

As I usually tell people (I can only do this for 3-4 weeks tops and any longer and I start seeing some negative side effects)

Body just took a shit today. Could barely keep a 14mph pace on the bike. Which is good timing since my workouts are done for today and the last day of my diet is tomorrow.

Just gotta power through tomorrow's bike ride and I'm good to go for vacation

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Cream Soda View Post
    Body just took a shit today. Could barely keep a 14mph pace on the bike.
    Damn son. You finish that ride ok?

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Yeah, it was just slow, lol.

I ended up going w/ a higher gear. I had the power, just couldn't spin it at any speed worth a fuck, so the lower gears were worthless since I wasn't spinning any faster, lol

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Probably about 4-6 lbs from my ideal weight (for how lean I'd like to be) but considering I dropped almost 20 lbs in 3-3.5 weeks, if I'm unsatisfied w/ how I look on vacation, it won't be due to lack of effort (just wish I started earlier)

Gave blood this morning (I'm doing everything possible to KO on this plane and not wake up until I'm at my destination), totaled 50 miles today on the bike (split between 3 rides). Gonna pull an all nighter and start my vacation when I wake up at SEATAC airport tomorrow, lol

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

For those of you who meal prep for the week. When you make everything on Sunday, do you just toss it in fridge or do you freeze the later days like Wednesday onward?

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

Really depends on what ur making, but most things are fine for a week in the fridge. I would never eat week old cooked spinach though for example.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

One thing I like to do is partial prep. Like say cook up a batch of chicken or steak or whatever. Sautee or steam or whatever some veggies. But then mix it in my dish or whatever closer to eat time. I'll even sear the chicken later sometimes. Get most the work and time done so it's just a some quick stuff when it's time to eat. Also lets you cook decent batches of something (usually the protein) and then make different dishes with it thru the week rq.

This thread is HUEG! You might want to consider creating a new thread.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag