+ Reply to Thread
Page 98 of 153 FirstFirst ... 48 88 96 97 98 99 100 108 148 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

I make things specifically to keep in tubs. Stir frys, Paellas, etc.

Spoiler: show

Easily keeps in glass containers for 4 days or so. (the cookies are chocolate-peanut butter protein cookies.)

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Can I get some food help? :3

Pretty much everything I eat is easy to count calories, rarely go out etc. There's one food I like, but it's from a generic chinese food place that doesnt have a clue wtf a calorie is. Salt and Pepper Shrimp. I used MFP to get like generic values for a portion size, but it's not exactly the same. Everywhere I look has it at relatively low calories, but varying levels of carbs, which I'm trying to keep low. My anal retentive side that is logging everything won't let me eat it until I can get an accurate value tho -_- Any advice?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Ask them for the recipe?

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Simple, Don't eat Chinese lol.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Pssht It's Shrimp. I need less than 50g of carbs per day, and according to similar ones on MFP, it says similar dishes are 21g carbs (300~350 calories total per serving), then i should be safe. *crosses fingers*

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

In general, for keto, how long does it take for your body to adjust? I use ketostix, and I sincerely hoped I figured out that one meal I like thing, cuz I've been in keto still for 5 days, and had that meal every day for lunch that means it's safe, right? XD

do you mean how long does it take for your body to exit keto? as far as i know it's pretty much instant

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Feels fine, haven't gone out of keto after eating, therefore it shoudl be fine.

I switched from "doing my own thing" which was basically go to the gym, do 15 min on the eliptical, 15min on treadmill, then 7 exercises * 3 sets of 5 reps each. I didn't feel like it was going well after a couple months, wasn't losing much. Swapped over to Stronglifts, in second week now, and despite the fact i'm only doing 3 exercises, i'm really feeling it and dropped 5lbs in a week for the first time in a like 6 weeks. Sitting at 1600 calories a week, not sure if that's enough or too little or just right.

Just looking for general knowledge/feedback/avoiding paying someone at the gym for a session to sit me down and explain it >_>

1600 calories a week? you mean day?

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

If you're able to pick up weights and make some progression you're eating enough, however something like stronglifts will require you to eat a ton more.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Woops, yes, I did mean 1600 a day.

Stronglifts will require me to eat more? I presume protein. I tend to get strong feelings of guilt if I eat over my calories, and generally I like to fight that by looking up as much scientific stuff as possible.

"Most guys doing StrongLifts 5×5 are not severely under-weight or over-weight, but just want to lose fat. Usually, they don’t do much sports besides SL5x5 either, and have a sedentary job like me. In these cases, 3000kcal/day works fine to gain strength and muscle while losing body-fat. Obviously, the more active, stronger and bigger you are, the more calories you’ll need." directly from the Stronglifts page. This pretty much describes me, I am aiming to drop another 30-40lbs, which would put me around 170lb, and eating 3000 calories a day seems absolutely nuts.

Pretty much every day is:

- Breakfast: 3 large eggs scrambled, couple pieces of bacon - 400 calories.
    - Lunch: Shrimp or Chicken - 600 calories.
    - Dinner: Taco meat or Chicken Nuggets (not breaded) - 600 calories

Exercise is Stronglifts 3 times a week, and 150 calories on eliptical and 150 calories on treadmill. Generally, I'll try to get a good hour or so of just walking around every day as well.

So I guess the question is, stick with this, weight is dropping nicely, though I do feel sore as fuck and a bit tired pretty much all the time, or listen to the website, and pump it up another 1000 calories or so?

i'd say if you're tired all the time you probably need to eat more, but i suck at this

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

If you aren't making progress or are overly tired you're probably not eating enough. You can lose weight and eat. You'll know if you need to eat more.

Is intermittent fasting a worthwhile practice or is it just the latest trending bullshit?

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by GoggleHead View Post
    Is intermittent fasting a worthwhile practice or is it just the latest trending bullshit?
    Fasting increases the bodies natural production of HGH, so it's not totally bullshit.

Doesn't take it for granite
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm a fan. It produces appreciable results and for some people is surprisingly easy to adapt into because of life schedules.

IF isnt bullshit at all, nor is the holy grail. Basically what Ghost_Wheel22 says, its a very useful strategy if you adapt well to it, depends on your daily schedule and a whole lot of factors. If you cant, its no big deal, find out what works for you as while there are plus sides to IF, there are also plus sides to eating more often, and they arent game breaking for either of the options.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Had a vehicular incident trash my shoulder, ankle, hand, face about a month ago and haven't worked out until today

Rip the gains

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Down 22 lbs as of this morning. From 233 to 211. (before/after shots coming soon).

Think I got a hang of the cut phase. Any tips for bulking once I start? Figure I'll do that after the summer. I'll probably drop down to 195 or so to start my bulk. Getting 200 or so grams of protein a day seems like a monumental task.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman View Post
    Down 22 lbs as of this morning. From 233 to 211. (before/after shots coming soon).

Think I got a hang of the cut phase. Any tips for bulking once I start? Figure I'll do that after the summer. I'll probably drop down to 195 or so to start my bulk. Getting 200 or so grams of protein a day seems like a monumental task.
    Share your details? That's p.much where I am as well.

Oddly, once I dropped 1600cal/day + 3 days a week strong lifts and went to 2000 calories a day > ~2hrs walking, I just started dropping on a regular basis. I much prefer walking (like still do gym, elpitical, some weights, but like twice a week), cuz its nice af outside

This thread is HUEG! You might want to consider creating a new thread.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag