+ Reply to Thread
Page 119 of 153 FirstFirst ... 69 109 117 118 119 120 121 129 ... LastLast
    Pied Piper of the Homos
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    Possible silly question. I haven't been able to do the exercising I used to do for a variety of reason (having to watch kids, being completely overwhelmed at work, etc.).

Our house doesn't have space for like a treadmill or anything, but I was think of getting something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Sunny-Health-...gateway&sr=8-4

Because I could easily store it under our futon, and it wouldn't take up a lot of space when using (can do it while watching TV every night for like an hour or so.)

Think it's worth it?
    Might as well get some dumbbells or kettlebells instead.

Thanks to all for the suggestions, i'll look at all of them.... didn't think i would ever have to spend a day shopping for fucking jeans. It used to be the most basic thing...

I agree with Milkster about Ksandra's question. That device looks cheap and easy to break. I dare you to try and break kettlebells.

@thetruepandagod

I'm a little sad at my progress in the last few months (mainly bench). I have been cutting, but doing it very slow this time. So i guess i should be happy that i am seeing progress and not decline (That said, i have been working out very hard, Normally 2 to 3 hours a day 6 days a week).

Deadlift went from 335 > 425
    Bench went from 155x5 > 185 x5 (My chest has always been very weak, never maxed on as the equipment at my gym doesn't have safety bars.)
    OHP 115 x 5 > 135 x 5
    Squat 225 x 5 > 315 x 5
    Pendlay rows 135 x 8 >> 215 x 10

Now if only my chest would go up like my back...

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

The bench may be technique. Do you have any shoulder injuries or long arms?

I always struggled with bench being much lower than my other averages until I trained with someone else that took bench more seriously. I was training with weight and reps I was comfortable with and wouldnt see any gains.

I'm also back to my pre injury numbers other than front squat. The dorsiflexion mobilty just isn't there and I don't know if it ever will be. Closing in on 500 DL again I hope.

I'll also recommend the KBs. It was the first thing I bought for my home gym and I still use them for lunges variations (overhead, front rack, or hanging), KB swings/snatches, and goblet squats.

I think my technique is as good as it can be, I really focused a lot on it when i noticed my bench was WAY under par. I do have very long arms, but i try not to use excuses. I just need to focus more on bench, and plan on reworking my days next week (Took this week off, as i've been going hard for a few months now).

I will say it pisses me off (not really sure why I care) when i see people with 225+ on the bar, but they are half repping everything. I know doing that can be a part of a training plan and I need to mind my own business lol, but the salt is still there.

Last week i thought i was going to have to help carry a dead body out of the gym when i saw this small old man put on 315 and get under it. I say small in that you could tell this guy doesn't fucking lift. The second the bar came off the rack, his arms were shaking. I stopped what i was doing and got ready, and me and a few others all made eye contact (I think it's funny that we all thought shit was going to go down) and started watching this old guy. He goes down maybe an inch with the bar and comes back up, repping 3 times. Dude is playing with death.

GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Yabby View Post
    Thanks to all for the suggestions, i'll look at all of them.... didn't think i would ever have to spend a day shopping for fucking jeans. It used to be the most basic thing...

I agree with Milkster about Ksandra's question. That device looks cheap and easy to break. I dare you to try and break kettlebells.

@thetruepandagod

I'm a little sad at my progress in the last few months (mainly bench). I have been cutting, but doing it very slow this time. So i guess i should be happy that i am seeing progress and not decline (That said, i have been working out very hard, Normally 2 to 3 hours a day 6 days a week).

Deadlift went from 335 > 425
    Bench went from 155x5 > 185 x5 (My chest has always been very weak, never maxed on as the equipment at my gym doesn't have safety bars.)
    OHP 115 x 5 > 135 x 5
    Squat 225 x 5 > 315 x 5
    Pendlay rows 135 x 8 >> 215 x 10

Now if only my chest would go up like my back...
    Have you considered that 2-3 hours a day for 6 days a week could be overtraining? I'm not saying that it is because I'm not intimately familiar with the science, but that sounds excessive to me and could be a consideration.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    Have you considered that 2-3 hours a day for 6 days a week could be overtraining? I'm not saying that it is because I'm not intimately familiar with the science, but that sounds excessive to me and could be a consideration.

I personally don't think it is, but it is something that differs's from person to person. If you are taking in enough food, sleeping enough, and rotating the workouts around the body correctly you could train even more than that. I know some of the crossfit people(lolcrossfit i know, but the top people in that are fucking monsters) train up to 4 times a day.

This is all my opinion of course, and how i feel based on my body. I think overtraining is kinda of myth only in the sense that you are only doing so if you don't have the other aspects of your training in line.

Milkster would most likely be able to tell me if i'm full of shit or not, based on how he looks. That said, i'm not just trying to be big/strong, but also athletic as well. What i mean by that is, I remember this bodybuilder looking guy came in for a boot camp a few weeks ago and was normally in the middle of the group when trying to keep up. A few times looked like he was about to kill over, but that is because of his goals.

Edit: Keep in mind that the increase in strength I noted in my post has been during a cut. Meaning I have been eating enough to lose weight, but i'm still getting stronger. I really can't wait until i'm down low enough to start a real bulk to see what my body can do. This also means that i'm still new enough that my body allows me to do this. People that have been training 5+ years and near their genetic potential have to pick one or the other.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Yabby View Post
    I personally don't think it is, but it is something that differs's from person to person. If you are taking in enough food, sleeping enough, and rotating the workouts around the body correctly you could train even more than that. I know some of the crossfit people(lolcrossfit i know, but the top people in that are fucking monsters) train up to 4 times a day.

This is all my opinion of course, and how i feel based on my body. I think overtraining is kinda of myth only in the sense that you are only doing so if you don't have the other aspects of your training in line.

Milkster would most likely be able to tell me if i'm full of shit or not, based on how he looks. That said, i'm not just trying to be big/strong, but also athletic as well. What i mean by that is, I remember this bodybuilder looking guy came in for a boot camp a few weeks ago and was normally in the middle of the group when trying to keep up. A few times looked like he was about to kill over, but that is because of his goals.

Edit: Keep in mind that the increase in strength I noted in my post has been during a cut. Meaning I have been eating enough to lose weight, but i'm still getting stronger. I really can't wait until i'm down low enough to start a real bulk to see what my body can do. This also means that i'm still new enough that my body allows me to do this. People that have been training 5+ years and near their genetic potential have to pick one or the other.
    Yeah, it of course depends on what the type of training is. Mixing in cardio related efforts to keep your work capacity high is different than hitting heavy singles, for example.

You seem pretty self-aware and knowledgeable so I agree that it probably doesn't apply to you in this case.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

In 2017 I was 25/26 working out that much. I was in the best shape of my life in terms of looks, but my joints and tendons would hurt whenever I wasn't working out. It was weird because while I was working out everything was fine.

Currently I'm doing around 5 days a week with around 2-2.5hrs at the gym and I feel pretty freaking amazing (and getting back to where I used to be physically).

6 days a week imo is pushing it. 5 days with 2 rest days seems to be the perfect medium (for my body). Healing is just as important, if not more, than the exercise itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Botosi View Post
    In 2017 I was 25/26 working out that much. I was in the best shape of my life in terms of looks, but my joints and tendons would hurt whenever I wasn't working out. It was weird because while I was working out everything was fine.

Currently I'm doing around 5 days a week with around 2-2.5hrs at the gym and I feel pretty freaking amazing (and getting back to where I used to be physically).

6 days a week imo is pushing it. 5 days with 2 rest days seems to be the perfect medium (for my body). Healing is just as important, if not more, than the exercise itself.
    I should note that i do wear knee braces for almost all of my HIIT/BootCamp classes (Or anything with a lot of squats). I was fat for most of my life and my knee's suffered for it. After using them, my knee's stopped giving me trouble. Everything else seems to enjoy what i do, as i rare have pain anywhere else.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Yeah braces do really seem to help for those kinda things. My problem was always golfer's/tennis elbow.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Botosi View Post
    My problem was always golfer's/tennis elbow.

Voodoo wraps. They work. It's crazy.

Just to follow up if anyone was in the same boat as me.

duluth trading company is the place to go.

The majority of their jeans fit great, and that extra crotch room..... holy shit man, I hate myself for not going there earlier. Thanks, Guitarman for the suggestion. They were about 40 min drive away, but worth it.

Just wanted to show some progress over the years. Some know i was about 450 pounds at my biggest. I lost a lot of weight and i'm finally getting over how I looked and figured i could show you the before and after pics.

Quick overview of the progress : https://i.redd.it/qdd9nrcybmy21.jpg

the 1st pic I was at the half way point of losing the weight so i was around 300.

This was the fully surgery progress.: https://imgur.com/a/rJp2n2y

GATTACA!

BG Level

Awesome job dude!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Great job man! That's flippin incredible.

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

That's such an amazing job ,congrats on e everything

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Pied Piper of the Homos
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

For people that need help with what to eat. Here's a really good app to have.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxF9Nqln...=188r4fdjnr6pm

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Married and wife pregnant for 34 weeks

End up gained more than 10lbs and waist increased by more than 2 inches. Shock....

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Osede View Post
    Married and wife pregnant for 34 weeks

End up gained more than 10lbs and waist increased by more than 2 inches. Shock....
    There are some really good time crunch programs with myoreps if you're interested. Get your shit done in a compressed time frame

Relic Shield
    BG Level

There are some really good time crunch programs with myoreps if you're interested. Get your shit done in a compressed time frame

It was the in-take more than the workout itself lol....Any food that pregnant lady unable to finish I had to finish it.

My weekly still consist of 3 to 5 days workout with 30-40 mins cardio and 30 to 40 minutes lifting.

This thread is HUEG! You might want to consider creating a new thread.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag