+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 153 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    I clean, I jerk, and I have a decent snatch.
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

This made my Tuesday though.

90kgs

Anti-crusade crusader
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Trying to loose 70 lbs because heart attacks run in my family and I already have stage 1 hypertension. My biggest determent is my overeating. Any tips or tricks on how to contain myself from gorging myself on anything I see?

I'm at 250 right now. 30% bodyfat last time I checked. Last time I hit the bench, it was about a year ago and my max was 200 lbs. I've cut soda from my diet, do about an hour total of walking a day, and I stopped eating to finish off a plate.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Aristio View Post
    Trying to loose 70 lbs because heart attacks run in my family and I already have stage 1 hypertension. My biggest determent is my overeating. Any tips or tricks on how to contain myself from gorging myself on anything I see?

I'm at 250 right now. 30% bodyfat last time I checked. Last time I hit the bench, it was about a year ago and my max was 200 lbs. I've cut soda from my diet, do about an hour total of walking a day, and I stopped eating to finish off a plate.
    Simplest answer is Meal prep..Measure out your portion, count your macro and calories..put them in tuberware or something each meals so you know that's how much you're gonna eat and be done with it till your next meal...This way you will be only eatting whatever was measured and not binge over and end up eatting more than you should've for your goals. Yes it is a lot of work to meal prep, so you're gonna have to suck it up.. but it's rewarding in the long run and also be flexible with the type of food you're gonna be eating (as long as it fits your macro) [[ eg. 100g chicken is 165 cal, you can sub that with 165g of cod (# are not exact value, this is just an example of being flexible with your diet cuz eatting chicken breasts over and over and over is boring as fuck ]]

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

As gt_killa said, meal prep is key. Astylla measures everything out so we know what we are consuming with dinner. When i make my sandwiches for work, I measure out the meat I put on the bread as well. Another big thing is keeping track of what you eat. When you enter a snack in before eating it and you see the calories/fat/carbs, it's a huge eye opener. We use myfitnesspal for that and it works well.

Anti-crusade crusader
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by gt_killa View Post
    Simplest answer is Meal prep..Measure out your portion, count your macro and calories..put them in tuberware or something each meals so you know that's how much you're gonna eat and be done with it till your next meal...This way you will be only eatting whatever was measured and not binge over and end up eatting more than you should've for your goals. Yes it is a lot of work to meal prep, so you're gonna have to suck it up.. but it's rewarding in the long run and also be flexible with the type of food you're gonna be eating (as long as it fits your macro) [[ eg. 100g chicken is 165 cal, you can sub that with 165g of cod (# are not exact value, this is just an example of being flexible with your diet cuz eatting chicken breasts over and over and over is boring as fuck ]]
    Meal prep is easy for me, I've been cooking for years. Should I pre-cook or just prep out my food? I do enjoy eating fish, mostly salmon and tilapia. Anything in particular that I should avoid?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Meal prep is easy for me, I've been cooking for years. Should I pre-cook or just prep out my food? I do enjoy eating fish, mostly salmon and tilapia. Anything in particular that I should avoid?
    Cook and measure them out and put them in separate containers for each meals..I normally cook enough food for a whole week. I'd grocery shop on Friday and meal preps either on Saturday or Sunday for the next week.. Each container i measure out how much carb/proteins in it and stack it in my fridge. With the exception for breakfast, my lunch and dinner are always ready in the fridge so I can just grab it and go work/eat without having to worrying about anything else..

Salmon and Tilapia are fine...Catfish,tuna, etc.. you can also eat beef, pork, eggs as alternative source of protein as well. Just make sure you get the lean cut instead of the fatty cut..make sure to take in some simple carb right after your workout as a post workout meal cuz it's the best time for your body to replenish itself and use most of that carbs due to its being easily breaking down for energy, instead of storing as fat cells. Another thing is that dont go on low carb-high protein diet, esp if your water in-take is low..that's gonna kill your liver. Proteins cant be breaking down without the presence of carbs to stimulate it, if you dont have carbs, you pretty much just overdosing your body with proteins, and your liver cant process ALL of that proteins at once. Eat and enjoy carbs, it's not as evil as people make it seems to be.

Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

BG Level

Eh, I hope it's not what I'm thinking, but it's waaay more complicated than that. See, measuring portions is not that big of a deal, I mean what's stopping him from mowing down 3-4 of said servings? Trying to figure out why he has the need to consume so much food, that's the problem. It could be a bunch of psychological factors. My guess? Maybe depression.

Anti-crusade crusader
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Jefe View Post
    Eh, I hope it's not what I'm thinking, but it's waaay more complicated than that. See, measuring portions is not that big of a deal, I mean what's stopping him from mowing down 3-4 of said servings? Trying to figure out why he has the need to consume so much food, that's the problem. It could be a bunch of psychological factors. My guess? Maybe depression.
    I really don't like wasting anything. I like to optimize my time and money. I overeat because the food is going to go to waste. It bothers me spending $20 on a meal just for it to sit in the fridge for three days until it's time to throw it away. I eat just so the food doesn't go bad.

Best solution is to simply not buy food in bulk. If the food is there, it's gonna tempt you to eat it. Also, since you said you have high blood pressure you should look into trying "salt substitute" salt, it's sodium-free salt made with potassium salt instead, so if you have a habit of dousing your food in blood-pressure-raising salt, it'll have the benefit of being sodium-free plus giving you extra potassium (which also lowers blood pressure, and helps with energy and muscle fatigue etc.)

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

I really don't like wasting anything. I like to optimize my time and money. I overeat because the food is going to go to waste. It bothers me spending $20 on a meal just for it to sit in the fridge for three days until it's time to throw it away. I eat just so the food doesn't go bad.
    I was the same way but I finally had to say enough is enough. If food gets wasted cause I ordered too much or the portions are omgxboxisntthishuge, there's nothing I can do about it. But eating for the sake of cleaning off your plate is one of the worst things you can do

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

I understand where this can come from , it's a very difficult mentality to break. I'll give my opinions and offer some help if I can

I buy in bulk in certain things - Costco run typically looks like this : Organic boneless chicken , Foster Farms Ground turkey 4 pack ( 20 oz package each), boneless pork chops/pork loin, Tilapia loins. Turkey burgers, Organic canned black beans , Organic salsa, Organic diced tomatoes , organic tomato sauce. The stuff we buy in bulk is for meal prep mostly , not snacking or stuff we can grab and go. That is what we used to do , and it was not beneficial for us. I focused on keeping fresh fruits and vegetables in my fridge at all times since it helps me create new things - as in new chili I made with fresh zucchini , black beans , fresh husked corn , fresh tomatoes , ground turkey and onions. Loaded with veggies with a good balance of protein. Leftovers were taken for lunch and the rest frozen for a quick meal.

Those above items are really versatile and freeze well after being cooked. It's just me and Melena at home so we found the trick is to only keep what we want to eat in the house and meal plan.
    I typically cook a meal that runs 4-6 servings. After we each eat , I freeze the rest in tupper ware immediately. This turns into meal options very quickly within a few days. Now to take a step further you could pre-portion into single containers. I know MANY people who do this for their meals for portion control and making things ahead that freeze well , helps control the "Waste" factor also.

As someone who has struggled with food issues on a multitude of levels , it comes down to having to figure out what your relationship is with food - then change it for the better.
    You already recognize why you do it which is a great thing , now the next step is to figure out how to incorporate those better habits for your lifestyle.

I eat low carb for a medical condition and try to watch my sodium as well since I hate salt except with cooking. Costco sells a no salt seasoning that is actually very good.
    I have found I can use much less sea salt than typical table salt when I cook. I also love using oregano , basil , cayenne pepper and chipolte pepper spices that work with anything really.

I also found that using a food tracker like MyfitnessPal is extremely useful in understanding not only what I am eating , but how much , how often and what nutrition or lack of it is meeting.
    There is some great advice here already and hope you find what works for you!

Anti-crusade crusader
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Another one of my problems is that my girlfriend is pregnant and she has so far indulged just about every craving. And she gets full quickly so a lot of her food gets thrown away. I eat most of her leftovers and at this point I don't even get food for myself when we get food because I'll just eat what she doesn't. Shit gets hilariously expensive.

Also, I am using myfitnesspal and I'm at 1400 calories so far left for the day. I enjoy how accurate they are with food.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

you don't have to eat all of the leftover in one seat, divide them up in portion and use myfitnesspal to guess/estimate the nutrients in it and fit it in your diet..Save them for the next day or day after..My meal from meal-prep usually last 4-5 days in the fridge.

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Another one of my problems is that my girlfriend is pregnant and she has so far indulged just about every craving. And she gets full quickly so a lot of her food gets thrown away. I eat most of her leftovers and at this point I don't even get food for myself when we get food because I'll just eat what she doesn't. Shit gets hilariously expensive.
    Yes..eating out is crazy expensive as in just for my husband and I were easily eating out 3-5 times a week - at fast food/casual dining and topping $200 a week just in that.
    That's a tough situation because I don't relate but know plenty of pregnant women so you have my sympathy lol.

I really can't suggest anything viable..maybe someone who has been in this situation would be better.
    At some point regardless of circumstance you have to decide what is best for you - as a whole this includes your upcoming family. It's not easy to do , but ultimately better for you.
    I hope you find a happy medium , but remember everything is small steps. Nothing happens overnight

Anti-crusade crusader
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Just have to keep trying. I'll get there soon, planning on maybe a 1y to 1-1/2y before I hit 180.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

No.1 Rules, don't wait until you feel super hungry before start eating. Try to eat small portion every 4-5hours. Because our mind tends to make us to over prepare/buy the food when we feel very hungry.

Also, I am using myfitnesspal and I'm at 1400 calories so far left for the day. I enjoy how accurate they are with food.
    Buy some containers, store those food in fridge. I used to do this when I cook myself if there is any left over. Then I could store it for my next day lunch or later dinner. If you afraid that microwave it spoil the flavor, one trick is not to heat for more than 1 minutes. You could try heat for 45 secs, then follow by another 45 secs and so on

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Can some one explain wtf is this general motor diet plan...

After reading it I seriously feel something is not right

tooooouuughhhh muddddderrr tomorrrowww! #2!

I clean, I jerk, and I have a decent snatch.
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by RKenshin View Post
    tooooouuughhhh muddddderrr tomorrrowww! #2!
    Good luck!!!

Canadian Fury
    MANITOBA IS NOT A REAL PLACE

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Been a while since I checked in. Hit a big goal yesterday (>2xBW 20 rep squat):

This thread is HUEG! You might want to consider creating a new thread.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag