Page 99 of 153 FirstFirst ... 49 89 97 98 99 100 101 109 149 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Quote Originally Posted by shukudai View Post
    Share your details? That's p.much where I am as well.

Oddly, once I dropped 1600cal/day + 3 days a week strong lifts and went to 2000 calories a day > ~2hrs walking, I just started dropping on a regular basis. I much prefer walking (like still do gym, elpitical, some weights, but like twice a week), cuz its nice af outside
    211lbs, 6'0"
    IF 18/6 split; 18 hours fasting, 6 hours feed window. I work out completely fasted 90% of the time. Last week I cut my food intake to a small protein shake at around 2pm (180 cal, lucerne protein light choc milk), then a medium sized dinner like stir fry etc.
    Workout 4 days a week; Monday - Chest/tri, Tuesday - Core, Thursday - legs, Saturday back/bi.

I've had to really dig deep to drop the weight; it's surprising to me how resistant my body is to dropping pounds. I know it gets harder the leaner you get, but I have to have around 25% body fat still. That's a guess since I don't know how to accurately tell my bf%, but I'm not lean by a long shot.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Can anyone recommend a pair of good headphones to use while working out? Gym music is terribad and earbuds always fall out :/

Pay No Attention to the Man Behind the Curtain
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ragns Meuhie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AidenCarby View Post
    Can anyone recommend a pair of good headphones to use while working out? Gym music is terribad and earbuds always fall out :/
    +1 this. The only pair of headphones I ever got that stayed in place during workout were from my old 90s sony walkman.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Ragns View Post
    +1 this. The only pair of headphones I ever got that stayed in place during workout were from my old 90s sony walkman.
    ._. I tried two different bluetooth earbud things that were under 25$, both stank on connecting, and being stable. I said fuck it and bought the new Beats ones, powerbeats3 or something, and they have been awesome. I HATE the money spent on it, I don't even care that much about the quality of the sound, but they A) have been on my ears for 2hrs w/o even the slightest discomfort B) 12 hrs playtime on one charge C) sound good. D) pair super easily.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I hate wireless things but couldn't do some lifts comfortably with a phone in pocket and wire hanging down so I got the power beats 2 when they went on sale. They are great. Now the wife has a pair. The 3s have insane battery life costco just had them for 149.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Damn you americans and your american prices

I looked into the powerbeats 2, cuz they were like 100$ cheaper than powerbeats3, and I would've gone with them if not for when thing: i have a 7 Plus :3 That adapter has fucked me over once or twice when I completely forgot it was a thing. I just said fuck it, at least this way, i'll eliminate that 2% of the time I forget my adapter

The battery life on the 3s are great, 12 hours play time, not sure what the standby is, but I have used mine last week for about 8hrs, and there's 40% charge on them. They charge fast af too.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I bought 2 16kg kettlebells a few weeks ago and I just order 2 32kg for heavy days. The are pricey but less than 2 months membership to a gym that has access to them. I've been carrying them down a walking trail that's wooded and private to workout.
    It's a nice change being outside while working out. I'll have to get a picture. There's a little stream and a big boulder to put my stuff on. I basically have a gym in a box I can carry around. Foam mat, 16/32kg x2 kettlebells, gym rings, and jump rope.

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

http://www.jbl.com/wireless-headphon...=Black#start=1

I got a pair of the aforementioned around 2 years ago, still work fine although the battery tends to die a little earlier now, around 60-90min. They are great considering how often I crushed wired headphones between plates before them. Also the battery issues may very likely be human error as I never really let the battery fully die before charging cuz who tf got time for that shit.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

caveat: this is a little "bg medical" and if the problem is serious or lasts long enough I will see a doctor, just curious if anyone might have an idea what's going on here

a little over a week ago I was riding my bike. no problem. got off the bike, and felt a sharp pain in my left testicle. the pain lasted, on and off, for around a week - if I jerked off it got worse, if I held off for a few days it got better. it's still a little sore from time to time. the pain is not actually in the testicle as far as I can tell; I think it's referred pain from around that area. something on the left side at the base of my dick feels... not right. sore, and tender. if I touch my left testicle itself, it feels fine - it's not sore. sorry for the graphic description of my junk pain but hey it is what it is.

I'm gonna hold off on the doctor for now because it's getting better but I'll definitely go if it doesn't heal fully or if it starts getting worse again. but does this sound familiar to anyone?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Sounds like a mild hernia or a pinched nerve.

Do this, when you're at home, take off your pants and sit down, opening your legs wide. Look at the area between your legs, from the top of your sack curving to your left leg, and the same area on the other side, moving your junk away on either side. If one side of that curvature is bulging out, it's a hernia.

Otherwise it's just a pinched nerve. I've done it twice, once after an extra long session with the girl i was seeing at the time, and the other just sitting in my car.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Thanks, I'll try that out. I was thinking maybe hernia but never thought of pinched nerve.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

So if you're hideously underweight, is there like a guideline for how gradually you should take weight gain? Because I assume just slamming on a ton of weight in a short period of time isn't healthy no matter how underweight you are?

I've always struggled to put on weight regardless of how much extra I ate, it's like my body would adjust to the extra intake after a week. I seriously tried on and off for the past 10 years before giving up on it. However, I've recently noticed that I'm gradually gaining weight without even trying (I assume from my metabolism finally slowing down) which gives me hope I could actually slam on weight and get up to a healthier level if I tried again. I just don't want to overdo and fuck my health up as underweight aside, I'm pretty healthy.

For reference by hideously underweight I mean my BMI was generally in the 16-16.5 range. It's now crept up to 17.4. My scales tell me I have a body fat percentage of 15.1% and body water percentage of 53.4% but I have no fucking idea what they should be. I just know BMI's need to be like 20-24 or something.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

BMI calculators are horrendously inaccurate, so don't put too much thought into that.

Use a TDEE calculator to get a rough gauge on your daily calorie expendature, then go around 250 cal above that. Adjust as necessary until you start seeing the mass gain you want
    https://tdeecalculator.net/

I wouldn't gain more than 1-2 lbs a week. Any more than that and you'll end up a fat bastard like I was years ago.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Well, I'm awful at selfies and all that but I figured I'd give a small update pic. Still going strong.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Nice work Hate. How long did that take? What's your height/weight.

My 70lb kettlebells came in today. GD those are nothing to play with. I should have probably moved to 53s first. The goal is to get to the point I'm doing the unilateral stuff with them. 1 arm / double snatches , thrusters, that kind of stuff is going g to take some time.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

I was sitting at about 205 on the left and am 175 atm. I'm right under 6 foot and i've been at it for a few years now. Finally becoming happy. First couple of years I made progress but i've moved into 2+ hours 5 days a week and just beasting out.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Jumping up to the 32kg kettlebells for the full workout today. I may need longer rest and less reps so I'll probably do a 20-25 min EMOM switching up the lifts every 5 sets. I've been taking 1 32 and 2 16s. I'll keep using the 16s for more cardio/mobility centric workouts.

Right Now I have 1 Heavy KB day (2x 32kg), 1 lighter more cardio (2x16kg), 1 hypertrophy bareball day (8-12 reps and arms), 1 heavy barbell day (5x3s). I do 60 min jog for recovery on off days but I normally take a full day or two after heavy barbell.

Edit: wellll I'm ordering 53s. I can do shit else than 1 arm swings and 2-3 cleans + press. My forearms need a lot of work among other stabilizers.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Any recommendations on gyms in NYC?

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Silly question.

Are pushups really the best way to do more pushups? I know there is more to a pushup than provided by bench/close grip press and planking but I tried those 100pushup type programs and it just doesn't feel like adding repetitions will improve results the way adding weight does to other things.

I like doing my compound lifts, I really don't want to swap something out for pushups just to get my reps up. There is a chance I start a new academy soon and I want to get the most effective prep possible and it just doesn't feel like running a bunch and pushups a bunch will be as effective as say HIIT can be and other stuff. Most of it is calisthenics and I don't want to sacrifice picking up things for doing more cardio/body weight shit.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Well if I'm understanding what you're going for correctly, doing HIIT at all denotes burning calories, and you need surplus calories to build the muscle to do more pushups and so on and so on. If you must keep doing HIIT for conditioning purposes, Dial back the cardio on days your doing pushups at the very least.

Also, Lat Pulldowns and seated rows will help work those muscles in a new way too; the more you mix up your routine building a specific muscle group with different exercises the more likely you are to grow and gain endurance.

This thread is HUEG! You might want to consider creating a new thread.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag