+ Reply to Thread
Page 108 of 153 FirstFirst ... 58 98 106 107 108 109 110 118 ... LastLast
    Tekki's Bitch
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

I cannot view the most recent page for some reason. glitch? Ah there we go posting fixed it.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

What are some of the decent powerlifting shoes out there I can look around at using?
    I've signed up for my first powerlifting meet in March and after years of squats and deadlifts barefeet (well just socks) I've gotta get used to some sort of shoe in order to compete.
    I have a pair of Saucony running shoes I run in, and a pair of converse I use for casual out and abouts.
    I've read converse might be fine? But I dunno what else is out there that would work as similar as what I'm already use to with a flat sole.

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

What lifts are you doing? If deadlifts then stick with converse, if squats snag some romaleos, if something else depends.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Old school Converse are legit.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Since I always screw up on diet, going w/ the next best thing. Grinding out the cardio. As of yesterday, 5 weeks until my con. Decided to do 240 miles a week for 5 weeks to total 1,200 miles with the stretch goal of 1,500 miles.

Day 2 of 35 down w/ stretch goal in mind (@86 miles, 43 a day average is what's needed for 1,500)

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by thetruepandagod View Post
    What lifts are you doing? If deadlifts then stick with converse, if squats snag some romaleos, if something else depends.
    Doing the big 3 for competition; squat bench deadlift.
    Did squats today in my converse, they felt fine. I'll be dl in them Monday, I'm sure it'll be cool. I was just wondering what else is out there that is similar to the bare foot feel of the lifts.
    I will look into the romaleos as well

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Day 2 down, Got my 43 miles, then got invited to lunch in Clearwater. Ended up at 60 for the day. Gives me a 17 mile buffer in case I'm too tired on another day; or just continue w/ my baseline minimum of 43 and just count the 17 as extra credit.

It's raining now, but it's only 9:30, so I'm confident I'll have some point in the day at which I'll be able to go get today's miles in. 33 days left

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

Knee is feeling a little better day to day. It used to hurt trying to go up or down any kind of incline but now those are alright and it seems to be fine if I keep it straight/elevated. Ibuprofen helps as well. Going to give it another few days before I start trying to run on it again.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Glad your knee is feeling better.

Had the double whammy today. Leg day in the gym, and my daily 43 miles (3 days down, 32 to go). Right leg went numb in the final 6 miles, but was able to finish

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

I think I'm starting to get to that age where it's getting difficult to cut weight. Started my annual cutting phase in September and I'm still bit a ways from my goal. Back then I'd be almost there by now, pig out for turkey day and Christmas, and be back on the horse by January. I know my diet is not the problem, perhaps I should hit up the cardio a bit more and change up my lifting routine?

Starting to feel legitimately old at the age of 33...

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

I hear that. Knee is acting up again already after a light day at the gym and I dropped 15lbs of a 20lb goal only to have 6 hop right back on. Gotta cut out eating everything that gives life meaning for awhile, and that's with the holidays coming.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    I think I'm starting to get to that age where it's getting difficult to cut weight. Started my annual cutting phase in September and I'm still bit a ways from my goal. Back then I'd be almost there by now, pig out for turkey day and Christmas, and be back on the horse by January. I know my diet is not the problem, perhaps I should hit up the cardio a bit more and change up my lifting routine?

Starting to feel legitimately old at the age of 33...
    Cardio, change of diet, or both. Calories out > Calories in = lose weight.

That said, your calories out via metabolism slows as you age, so you have to make up for it with diet/exercise

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

On day 12 of 35.

First 2 weeks were purely workout based with little on diet and already losing some weight. Friday comes endgame. 3 weeks left (about the time I got serious for the BG comp comparatively speaking) calories are dropping and Fossil Park is being thrown in.

Right now I'm at 550 miles on the bike (haven't done my ride tonight, so should be about 595 by the end of the night) with the goal being 1500 for the 5 week period. (I'm ahead of schedule since by day 14, I should be at 600).

So far, almost 2 weeks in and have only lost 1 rep on the final set of each workout (upper body and lower body day) but my program has me increasing weight every 6 weeks based on how I did the prior 6 weeks, so I'd like to assume if I didn't get weaker, just not getting stronger; which is the goal when trying to lose weight, as you're def not going to get stronger).

Legs are dead, but over 1/3rd done w/ the goal. We all gonna make it.

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Ended up with a new stretch goal; 2k miles.

Week 3 was 7 straight days of 75+/day(with one day being 100 miles). I can now back off to 50 miles/day and hit my goal by day 35 (will have a remainder of 28 miles, that I need to pick up between how and then).

Fossil park is now back in full swing now that I'm not doing 75 miles a day any more, and gym is back up and running (week 3 was my deload week, which is why I used it to do the increase in miles, since I only had 2 gym days).

So time to go hard for these last 2 weeks. Finally at the point where I don't mind looking in the mirror. Let's see what i can do in the last 12 days (doesn't seem like much, but in a 35 day grind, that's a third of the time allotted and I'll be going the hardest)

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Started getting pain in my ribs on my right side. The only thing new is switching to a lever type belt.
    I don't think it's a broken/cracked rib, but it is at the very least bruised, without any of the discoloration attached. Having some pain when lying on my right side, or depending on how I am touching the area. It started after a squat session, with nothing super heavy or overloaded. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary that day, don't remember feeling off on my sets, or having moved awkwardly during the workout, but it has been 2 weeks now, and after a few other workouts it is still there.
    Anyone had this type of issue before, specifically from wearing a lever-type belt to squat/DL in?

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Delayed View Post
    Started getting pain in my ribs on my right side. The only thing new is switching to a lever type belt.
    I don't think it's a broken/cracked rib, but it is at the very least bruised, without any of the discoloration attached. Having some pain when lying on my right side, or depending on how I am touching the area. It started after a squat session, with nothing super heavy or overloaded. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary that day, don't remember feeling off on my sets, or having moved awkwardly during the workout, but it has been 2 weeks now, and after a few other workouts it is still there.
    Anyone had this type of issue before, specifically from wearing a lever-type belt to squat/DL in?
    I really don't see belts as necessary unless you're planning on competing (in an event that uses belts) or you have some sort of injury that the belt is helping. I squat/DL w/o one. Builds a stronger core. That said, idk the specific answer to your question, sorry.

After 2 accidents last week (got into one on my bike, and one as the passenger in a car that got rear ended) and ripping through a tire (+ a second flat), I got about 35 miles behind of schedule for my stretch goal.

I'm now only 1 mile behind as of last night (did 74 miles instead of 50; and got a few miles of extra credit in the last few days). Would be caught up but my bike computer shitted on me, when I had 4 miles, so I'm not counting them (only documented miles, as I'm going for a goal here). Now 501 miles away from the goal and 10 more days. 50/day should be an easy finish to the journey to 2k (since last week was all 75+ to get to a point where the stretch goal was feasible, 50 is now cake lol)

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

4 days left (including tonight's ride). 50 miles a night (well 43 tonight I did 7 doing errands today) and I've completed my extra stretch goal of 2k miles in 35 days.

Assuming nothing goes wrong w/ my bike, should be able to finish. Was going to say easy finish, but cold front hit and riding in the cold sucks and it's very windy, so my average speeds getting slowed down, too (while requiring more effort to do those reduced speeds).

Not getting this close to fail though. I'm in decent enough shape now. enough to be able sit at home shirtless. It's not the most ripped I've ever been, but coming from recovering from my vasectomy and having almost a month off, my starting point was realllly bad. So to make this much change in 35 days, I'll take it. Should be good enough for my con this weekend.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Any suggestions for lower lat exercises? My physical therapist showed me how hilariously weak they are. Embarrassing.

All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Pull ups (weighted when you can, even if it's +5lbs. Start there. I did. Now I can do sets of 4-5 with 90lbs. Before I got hit w/ the bus, my 1rm was 135, but it's lower than that now lol RIP shoulder)

and dead lifts. Between those 2, you cover most of your back. (esp lats).

Final exercise for a complete back is overhead press or dumbbell variation (back of shoulders, traps)

Edit: make sure you're getting full range of motion on each rep. You won't be able to do as many, but it's gonna hit everything on the pull ups. If you're half repping it, ggs to lower lats. I personally lock out at each rep at the bottom, but you can come close to locking out and not actually lock out and be fine, but come all the way down

Edit 2:

Arch position not recommended once you get to weighted pull ups

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Thanks brother. I'll give it a try. Still have troubles with pull ups but I'll double my focus on em.

This thread is HUEG! You might want to consider creating a new thread.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag