+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

for people with the corsair k70 (or whatever ones with same software i guess?)

can you program each button individually? i just got a blackwidow and it's been barely a minute (and i really like it a lot) but if there's a chance the k70's better for me i need to know!

Gave 5$ to bg and all I could think of was this lousy title.
    -____-

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by kisada View Post
    i just got a blackwidow and it's been barely a minute (and i really like it a lot)
    http://www.autopten.com/autoblog/pho...-baby-face.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by SubzeroDiabolos View Post
    Also, as was said before, do NOT touch Razer black widow. Had to return 2 different ones because of faulty keys within a month span. Almost wasn't able to the 2nd time.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

for people with the corsair k70 (or whatever ones with same software i guess?)

can you program each button individually? i just got a blackwidow and it's been barely a minute (and i really like it a lot) but if there's a chance the k70's better for me i need to know!
    doesn't offer any macro functionality, it's just a very very nice, responsive mechanical keyboard with basic keyboard functions (key-by-key backlight and media keys) outside of having multiple BIOS to boot into. went from blackwidow to this and don't regret it at all, amazing keyboard.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Yeah I was reading up on it yesterday and I'm pretty sure I'm going to make the change. Unfortunately Fry's only had red switches on display so I couldn't test, but the blue switches are the equivalent of the black widow clicky green, correct?

Egyptian Goddess
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aiko Matsuo
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Mechanical Keyboard advice/suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by SubzeroDiabolos View Post
    And I've had mine over a year with no issues whatsoever using it daily. Each person has different experiences but out of the 4 Razer products I own I have never had any problems nor needed to return or exchange. That's pretty good odds for one person. My advice is to go to a store that has keyboards on display, try them and see what you like, and then go from there. I played with the mechanical ones at Best Buy and ordered from Amazon later that night.

Graduate of the BG School of FFXI
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

So I'm pretty much torn between getting a WASD or a DAS thoughts?

-____-

BG Level

I've never tried either of those brands, but I know Das keyboard supports e-sport scene while I believe WASD doesn't. (Don't quote me on that) (WASD supports team Axiom)

Either way, if you have the money, this guy looks pretty bad ass to me. Non-Stealth version also available (same price).

Both have very limited selections it seems. However out of the 2, DAS has the best design in my opinion. If you want to customize every single keycap, go with WASD.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsugaru Mifra
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I have two BlackWidows. One for work and one for home. Neither have given me any problems.

-____-

BG Level

Make up your mind brah.

Quote Originally Posted by xopher View Post
    I have two BlackWidows. One for work and one for home. Neither have given me any problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by xopher View Post
    Razer products are terrible quality and always have been.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Coolbeans View Post
    I've had a WASD v1 for a while now, and I'm still pleased with it. However, DAS does have the dedicated media controls and USB hub angle to consider. If those are appealing to you, then it'd swing things in their favor. The top of the keyboard being aluminum now is appealing too, I think (was glossy plastic on theirs when I got my WASD).

If you want a classic design though, can't really go wrong with a WASD.

Onto plan B...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Coolbeans View Post
    Read my reply on page 1.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Yeah I was reading up on it yesterday and I'm pretty sure I'm going to make the change. Unfortunately Fry's only had red switches on display so I couldn't test, but the blue switches are the equivalent of the black widow clicky green, correct?
    Razer's "new" switches are basically just chinese knockoff rebranded cherry switches. The ones in a non-stealth blackwidow are basically cherry mx blue switches, so yeah, a k70 will give you the same click as a blackwidow while retaining most of the responsive goodness that a k70 with reds gives. It's hard to describe what makes the k70 so nice to use, it's just something you need to experience yourself. The raised keys take some time to get used to but eventually you learn to just glide across the keys rather than hammer them down.

Also it's a dumb little feature, but being able to control exactly which keys are lit at any given time without needing any software installed on the pc is pretty handy sometimes. In that same vein, corsair is coming out with some rgb individually backlit mechanicals in the very near future, may want to keep an eye out for them if that strikes your fancy

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Got my Das in the mail today. Having never typed on a mechanical before I'm amazed the feeling is better then anything I imagined.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

just ordered a das since my k70 went dead a few hours ago. i'm RMA'ing the k70 but i figured i'd give the das a shot since i've only heard great things about it.. if i end up liking it better i'll try to sell the k70 or stow it away for a different time.

anyone mind chiming in on how they're feeling about their das keyboards these days?

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

I'd really like a black or red board but I just can't justify the price. Blues seem affordable, but that clicking noise is terrible.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

just ordered a das since my k70 went dead a few hours ago. i'm RMA'ing the k70 but i figured i'd give the das a shot since i've only heard great things about it.. if i end up liking it better i'll try to sell the k70 or stow it away for a different time.

anyone mind chiming in on how they're feeling about their das keyboards these days?
    Absolutely love mine.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Have this one. I wanted something "silent" since the clacking of some mechanical keyboards is annoying when playing league or typing fast. This one isn't bad at all.

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Newegg has the Razer BlackWidow Tournament Edition Essential Mechanical Gaming Keyboard with RAZER DeathAdder Chroma mouse combo for $76.72. It's in and out of stock. http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboD...0%20%202211495

It's tempting to buy just for the keyboard and sell the mouse, but reviews say it's loud. Are most mechanical keyboards that are brown, red, or black $75+? I haven't found anything better, even second hand.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hadley Brightfoot
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I've been using a Corsair K60 (Cherry MX). The combination of raised keys and the larger spacing between the keys took a bit of getting used to. The keyboard is extremely responsive. I have no regrets about the purchase, but have always preferred compact spacing between keys for less movement/reach so will probably end up trying something different when I replace this.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    Newegg has the Razer BlackWidow Tournament Edition Essential Mechanical Gaming Keyboard with RAZER DeathAdder Chroma mouse combo for $76.72. It's in and out of stock. http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboD...0%20%202211495

It's tempting to buy just for the keyboard and sell the mouse, but reviews say it's loud. Are most mechanical keyboards that are brown, red, or black $75+? I haven't found anything better, even second hand.
    for 76 bucks that seems like a pretty good deal. if i didn't love my numpad i would have gotten that exact model.

most mechanical keyboards i've seen are closer to the 100 dollar range.

btw i got my das today and it's instantly became the best keyboard i've ever used, feel wise. i believe i'm getting a brand new k70 from my RMA and that is instantly gonna get sold.

if i had been able to playtest on a das way back when i don't think i'd ever have purchased anything else.