+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

So mine got all fucked up. So returned it.

So my question is. Orion Spark or DAS Keyboard?

http://www.amazon.com/Das-Keyboard-U...nical+keyboard

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/logitech...ustomerreviews

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Finalized getting a second hand Corsair K90 for $65 total from a reputable seller on a tech site. Will be here tomorrow. Excited!

Said fuck it and got the Logitech.

Post a review here when you get it please

Will do. I got it because it's still mechanical but it is SILENT AS FUCK. I was bashing the shit out of it at Best Buy and it was about as loud as a laptop keyboard. For me this is important because of my 7mo daughter and my wife HATES clicky keyboards lol(happy wife happy life).

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I use a filco with reds and dampeners, best thing I've ever owned.

Onto plan B...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Dantrag View Post
    Will do. I got it because it's still mechanical but it is SILENT AS FUCK. I was bashing the shit out of it at Best Buy and it was about as loud as a laptop keyboard. For me this is important because of my 7mo daughter and my wife HATES clicky keyboards lol(happy wife happy life).
    The fuck are Romer-G switches? Are they tactile or linear?

Sort of tactile. They specifically made them for this keyboard.

Onto plan B...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Oh so they're basically like browns? Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy-Killer View Post
    Oh so they're basically like browns? Nice.
    Except less clicky than browns.

So far I love the keyboard. It's smooth as hell. No damn sound even when you're raging at someone or w/e. It's very reactive to presses and the keys oddly enough are comfortable. They're an odd shape but they feel really good when you rest your hand on them. The arm rest and the shape of the keyboard are really nice. So far I really like it.

So after a weekend of using it, I have to say, it's probably one of the best keyboards I've ever owned. I love it so far. The key's aren't a normal shape and are kind of sunk in. It's very responsive and quiet. I like the software that it comes with. I set it so that the keys shadow my key strokes. So they light up a for a short amount of time after you type. I like having media controls on the keyboard instead of them being function combos.

Thanks for the review! Being quiet is huge for me as I have a wife and kid. I'll definitely keep this keyboard in mind when I upgrade

Check it out in bestbuy(only place that sells it other than Logitech themselves). That way you can actually feel it. You can slam the shit out of it and it hardly makes noise. I agree, especially since my computer is in the living room and so is our main tv. My wife will have our daughter and she naps in there while my wife watches TV. She complained like hell about my Corsair K90 but hasn't even noticed since I got this one.

Graduate of the BG School of FFXI
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Bumping this since I'm planning to get a WASD soon two things.

1 Anyone have experience with getting printed images on the keycaps?

2 Whats the difference between Reds and Browns?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

brown is somewhere in between blue and red. softer presses, still kinda clicky, but softer than blue. red is just straight up soft. i don't believe there is any tactile click, iirc. you won't hear a thing. a lot of people say red's best for gaming because you can quickly multitap a key repeatedly, but when typing it can lead to a lot of typing errors since there's nothing really there for you to feel.

when i got my first mechanical keyboard (blue switches) my typing improved substantially.

the best thing you can do is go into a best buy or fry's electronics and play on their keyboards. bestbuy i don't think will have corsairs, but at least they generally have logitech brown switch gaming keyboards so you can see for yourself if you like that or want something softer.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

Can google the answers. Plenty of youtube video comparisons. I got a g710+ last year for my first mech kn. It was really nice. But not perfect for me. Got a g910 now. It has romer g mech switched. Feels soooooooooo good. Im not used to it completely so i misstype a bit. But it feels almost like rubber domes but better than rubber and traditional mech switches.

Graduate of the BG School of FFXI
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

So I'm looking for a good RGB keyboard with blues any one have any suggestions?

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

I have been out of the keyboard game for a while since I found my perfect match. I have logitech g910, its perfect for me

edit: just noticed my above post XD

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

what's rgb? you mean lights and shit?

i just recently got the logitech G810. it's really nice. they're not blue switches, they're proprietary romer-G (kinda like browns, softer and don't have the double click of the blues). i also usually dislike any lighting but this one is really cool. it doesn't kill your eyes and it actually looks pretty cool. as with any keyboards i recommend you go to your local best buy or frys or whatever and try em out. or just buy from amazon and return whatever you don't like.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Honestly like they're both saying, take a look at the recent gaming lineup from Logitech. The switches in them are fucking fantastic and provide a change of pace from the Cherry MX used in everything.