Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Announcing the September version update! (08/22/2014)

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics...3014/13014.jpg
    The next version update will come romping into Vana'diel in early September.

Join the stampede with Incursion, new battle content pitting the fittest adventurers against hordes of Velkk, and Walk of Echoes content for high item level characters.

Also trampling the competition are a multitude of job adjustments, a fresh revamp of the Gobbie Mystery Box, the addition of a new monster family to Monster Rearing, and much, much more!

* Some previously announced features, including a Wings of the Goddess-related story; secondary linkshell features; and expansion of equipment sets have been postponed pending further adjustments.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

That was quick...

EDIT: Oh... good... Atomos delayed again...

Campaign
    BG Level

I expected the double linkshell delay, didn't really expect another Atomos delay but I guess I should have.
    Hope Incursion is gonna be cool!

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

That pretty much delays everything they've announced except for the battle content. No complaints here, wonder if Incursion will come with a bit of a storyline to the Velkk though, they're kinda just there atm, except for the single quest line about their powerful magical artifact of doom.

The job adjustments have my interest piqued though. Off the top of my head, the only thing they've mentioned they'd be changing in September is Dual Wield's nature of further reducing TP gain when you're capped delay, and maybe the cheap vendor pets for Bst, but that's hardly an adjustment, unless they're bad ass. There was mention before of Smn changes, but no date given. Vague mention of elemental magic changes for higher tier spells, and some changes specific to Geo, Step adjustments for Dnc, Nin Sange/Throwing adjustments, and the new "system" for War. Wonder if any of that is sneaking in for this update.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

There's a picture of a DRG. Confirmed Wyvern def/subtle blow increase again.

Campaign
    BG Level

Derp

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Hitou View Post
    There's a picture of a DRG. Confirmed Wyvern def/subtle blow increase again.
    Oh yeah, something about making Wyverns use breaths faster so they don't lose so much swinging time, or something silly like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    There's also a pic of Garuda which kinda leads me to think at least part of the plethora of SMN adjustments they announced will make it in this patch.
    Don't see this Garuda pic on the main page or anywhere else. Run and Blu in Incursion and a Drg soloing a Matamata.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Id love to play drg again. Give us something!

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    Don't see this Garuda pic on the main page or anywhere else. Run and Blu in Incursion and a Drg soloing a Matamata.
    I derped about that, but your quote was faster than my edit :'(

(altough truth be said you edited your post as well because originally you weren't quoting my derpy past at all )

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Geeze they delayed that stuff already?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Hopefully the delay is for an update later in September not until a later time like October or worse. I was looking forward to the linkshell changes.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

They said they were buffing Wyvern attack power, wyvern elemental breath potency and wyvern breath charge time. This will surely fuck up healing breaths since there is a 2 second delay for the server to calculate wyvernhp%, which even now only kicks in about 50% of the time since it takes longer for the server to reconize the hp% than it does for the breath to actually activate.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Eh, I hope SMN changes will still occur unless they really want to just bundle it with Atomos...

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Atomos will be delayed until the end of time.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Atomos was released years ago, but with bugs. Square instructed him to continuously consume the false, bugged timeline.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I think they also mentioned altering the automaton casting AI, so that'll probably be included as well.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Dotsudoku View Post
    Atomos was released years ago, but with bugs. Square instructed him to continuously consume the false, bugged timeline.
    *throws tomato*

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    They said they were buffing Wyvern attack power, wyvern elemental breath potency and wyvern breath charge time. This will surely fuck up healing breaths since there is a 2 second delay for the server to calculate wyvernhp%, which even now only kicks in about 50% of the time since it takes longer for the server to reconize the hp% than it does for the breath to actually activate.
    Do you remember when they said this? I don't remember reading that before. Also I've never had issues with wyvern HP and HB, maybe you're not leaving your gear on long enough?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Wyvern buffs

"In September we will reduce the casting time and increase the magic accuracy of breaths. We also plan on increasing the base strength of Wyverns and their leveled up strength, increasing their importance."

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

I said Wyvern HP% not Wyvern HP. You should know that in high lag areas like Dyna or new zones, sever latency is slower and any gear that increases HP or MP by % is not instant but takes like 1 tick to update so occasionally I get 900HP healing Breaths instead of 1400 and my gearswap rules for healingbreath don't ever change. Since the bulk of Wyvern HP comes from gear with +%(15% from legs 10% from feet) we sometimes lose substantial potency when activating from Restoring Breath. When you activate it with a spell with AF helmet, it usually has enough time to account for the % gear due to spellcasting time+wyvern charge time. I asked on official forums if they could speed the server's calculation it up a few years ago but that said it's working as intended and would cause server strain.

If you don't believe me, strip off all your gear with your Wyvern out. Then equip Drachen/Vishap Brais and see how long it takes for your Wyvern's HP bar to reflect the added HP. If Healing Breath becomes instant, the bonus HP% will not be reflected unless you put a substantial delay in your HB macro, read:annoying.