Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Dynamis - Xarcabard Animated Weapons

As usual, apologies if this has already been discussed elsewhere. If it has, please do point me towards the relevant thread.

So I'm about 2 months away from having all the coins I need to finish my first relic weapon, finally. Other than the coins, I also need a Holy Fragment, dropped by the Animated Sword. I was wondering how difficult is that fight these days? How much of a party of decently geared 99's do I need? As I understand it, the key is stunning it when it's about to run away. I have a 99 Blue Mage, so I figure I can set all my stun spells and spam them. How much damage do I need to kill it in a reasonable timeframe?

Also, are there linkshells out there still doing loans for the final 3000 coins? I don't have to worry about it for a while as I JUST started on my last stage, so I figure about a month and a half or so at least before I gather 7000 coins. I'm out in Siren and I will be able to provide screenshots and all that when the time comes.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

It no longer runs away and any job in item level gear could probably melee it to death while afk.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

oh wow it doesn't run away anymore? yeah that would make things much easier. and the adds aren't a problem either then?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

the adds are now roaming mobs that drop a pop item for the fragment dropper. Most jobs can kill them with ilvl stuffs like byrth said but it might suck gettin the pop item to drop sometimes (this is more a prob with the trial to kill them 10 times. when u have to be a not thf job)

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

i have a second character i can bring in that has thief with +3 treasure hunter. okay cool so sounds like the ffxiclopedia entry on it is wayyyyy out of date, because it says that i have to kill the demon NM's to get it to pop. so sounds like i won't have to recruit people, i should be able to handle this on my own, sweet.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    It no longer runs away and any job in item level gear could probably melee it to death while afk.
    Maybe I was caught in WS gear but I've been WS'd by these things for over 1k in ilvl gear. They're not really dangerous but it's still a good idea to sub DNC (particularly if you're trying to clear 10 of them in one visit and have no other way of healing).

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Quote Originally Posted by Priran View Post
    Maybe I was caught in WS gear but I've been WS'd by these things for over 1k in ilvl gear. They're not really dangerous but it's still a good idea to sub DNC (particularly if you're trying to clear 10 of them in one visit and have no other way of healing).
    probably bad luck.... coz after ilvl gear they normally miss ws on you, but w/o it I remember even dying coz double WS and making a SC lv.3 on me ~.~