Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Can someone explain to me Skirmishes like I'm a 12 yr old school boy?

I've been back for about 6 days now and I've been playing like crazy. Skirmishes are a mystery to me. The only one I've done was YorciaU because it drops Iuitl gear for my thief that I want. From there I'm clueless.

What are the "new" skirmishes? How do I do them? What do I get from them? How do I augment/upgrade YorciaU armor?

I've looked on BGwiki but without at least some knowledge as to what I get I can't find the information because the links aren't very newbie friendly. Thanks in advanced.

Campaign
    BG Level

There are 2 times of Skirmishes: Normal Skirmish and Alluvion Skirmish.

Normal Skirmish
    You can enter several zones with 1 to 6 players (can use trusts) and perform various tasks to get different stuff.
    To enter you need to talk to "Oston", the old man standing under the umbrella at "Statue of the Goddess" in Eastern Audolin. After talking to him and his wife you will be able to trade him Skirmish parts.
    There are 5 tiers of each Skirmish parts.
    Head=> Different head for every Skirmish zone; rules the quality of drops, if I recall
    Body=> Decides the "difficulty" of the run. Higher tier = longer run, more mobs/objectives, but also more drops in the end. (quantity)
    Legs=> I don't really remember what they do, I think it's quantity and quality of "Noetic Ascensions" in the run. They are like pillars of light, if you check them you can activate various buffs and receive boons. Higher tier => better stuff and more choices.
    Once you have a Body Part, a Legs part and a Head part, you can trade them all to Oston to receive a Key Item.
    With this Key item you can go to one of the 4 specific butterfly things (one in Ra'la, one in Cirdas, one in Yorcia, one in Outer Ra'kaznar) to enter Skirmish for you and your party.
    You need to be party leader to enter, only the party leader needs the KI and everybody in zone will automatically enter once the party leader activates it.
    Once inside you will receive 2 temporary items (Fenetral Key and another Key). First one is to "end the run", second one is to escape.
    Once you complete the Primary Objective you can use Fenetral Key to end the run and make personal chests appear. There will be both a general treasure loot for all the pt and a personal chest only for yourself.
    Instead of ending after the Primary Objective you can go on in an attempt to complete the Secondary Objective, if you achieve that you'll get more and better drops.

Different Zones
    Ra'la and Cirdas were the first 2 released Skirmish zones. They drop Ghastly Stones (NQ, +1 and +2) and ilevel 105 weapons, which you can augment at Divany Gamainy (NPC) at Inventor's Coalition.
    Ra'la's goal is to roam around killing various stationary NMs, avoiding/killing nq monsters etc. Various parts of the maps will open up as you kill a certain number of NMs.
    Cirdas' goal is to roam around killing rooms full of various monsters and Umbrils.
    Yorcia is the second released zone. Drops the 5 Skirmish sets (Hagondes, Gendewitha, Iuitl, Otronif, Cizin), Verdigris stones (NQ, +1 and +2) and randomly drops a KI (Vial of something...) that you can use to make the ilevel 105 weapons into ilevel 113 ones. Can use Verdigris stones to augment both the 113 weapons and the armor.
    Yorcia's goal is to protect the Tent at start from the hordes of monsters attacking it. You can reduce the types and quantity of monsters by killing "Dens" spawning such monsters. Randomly a Heartwing will pop, if killed fast enough it will add another armor item in the general treasure pool. It also drops items called "Wings". You can use them to buy several things (stones or armors) from Lola, Oston's wife. She can also store them for you.
    Outer Ra'kaznar is the third and last released Skirmish zones. Drops Wailing stones (NQ, +1 and +2) and some random shit. It also drops, with a low drop rate, a KI used to make 113 armour and weapons into 119 (you lose all augments in the process). Stones can be used to augment these 119 items.
    The goal of Outer Ra'kaznar is to roam around these maps killing randomly spawned NMs and Mobs. Each killed mob give you a certain amount of special "points". NMs give more of course. After you reach a certain number of points, different from tier to tier, higher for secondary objective, the run is considered over and you can use Fenetral Key.

Alluvion Skirmish
    It's another type of Skirmish with completely random maps. This means they will be different each time you enter (for the old skirmish they're always the same instead).
    To enter alluvion Skirmish you need a pair of Faithful Legs (any tier), a pair of Faithful Body (any tier) and either a Ra'la head or a Cirdas head (any tier). These are the only 2 zones where Alluvion Skirmish is available, for the moment.
    In addition to these 3 basic parts, you also need an "Eudaemon" part (5 different ones). These drop at a 100% drop rate from any of the 4 old Skirmish Zones.
    Once you trade these 4 pieces to Oston you will receive an Eudaemon KI and you will be able to enter Alluvion Skirmish from Either Ra'la or Cirdas butterflies thing.
    The goal inside chances from floor to floor and gets announced every time you jump a new floor, kinda like Nyzul Isle.
    It's usually kill a certain number of mobs, or kill a certain NM, or examine certain Ascensions etc.
    NMs inside drop at least 1 of the new Alluvion Skirmish weapons.
    There are also "special" NQ mobs that drop high quality stones.
    Speaking of which, there are 2 categories of stones: Leaf and Snow. They serve to augment these new weapons. Each weapon has two augmentable free slots. One will be filled with Snow stones, one will be filled with Leaf stones, independently.
    Both Leaf and Snow stones can be of 4 different types: Tip (DD focused), Slit (ranged focused), Dim (magic/support focused), Orb (pet jobs focused).
    These are just generic directions of course.
    Furthermore, each stone comes in 3 different qualities: NQ, +1 and +2.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    There are 2 times of Skirmishes: Normal Skirmish and Alluvion Skirmish.

Normal Skirmish
    You can enter several zones with 1 to 6 players (can use trusts) and perform various tasks to get different stuff.
    To enter you need to talk to "Oston", the old man standing under the umbrella at "Statue of the Goddess" in Eastern Audolin. After talking to him and his wife you will be able to trade him Skirmish parts.
    There are 5 tiers of each Skirmish parts.
    Head=> Different head for every Skirmish zone; rules the quality of drops, if I recall
    Body=> Decides the "difficulty" of the run. Higher tier = longer run, more mobs/objectives, but also more drops in the end. (quantity)
    Legs=> I don't really remember what they do, I think it's quantity and quality of "Noetic Ascensions" in the run. They are like pillars of light, if you check them you can activate various buffs and receive boons. Higher tier => better stuff and more choices.
    Once you have a Body Part, a Legs part and a Head part, you can trade them all to Oston to receive a Key Item.
    With this Key item you can go to one of the 4 specific butterfly things (one in Ra'la, one in Cirdas, one in Yorcia, one in Outer Ra'kaznar) to enter Skirmish for you and your party.
    You need to be party leader to enter, only the party leader needs the KI and everybody in zone will automatically enter once the party leader activates it.
    Once inside you will receive 2 temporary items (Fenetral Key and another Key). First one is to "end the run", second one is to escape.
    Once you complete the Primary Objective you can use Fenetral Key to end the run and make personal chests appear. There will be both a general treasure loot for all the pt and a personal chest only for yourself.
    Instead of ending after the Primary Objective you can go on in an attempt to complete the Secondary Objective, if you achieve that you'll get more and better drops.

Different Zones
    Ra'la and Cirdas were the first 2 released Skirmish zones. They drop Ghastly Stones (NQ, +1 and +2) and ilevel 105 weapons, which you can augment at Divany Gamainy (NPC) at Inventor's Coalition.
    Ra'la's goal is to roam around killing various stationary NMs, avoiding/killing nq monsters etc. Various parts of the maps will open up as you kill a certain number of NMs.
    Cirdas' goal is to roam around killing rooms full of various monsters and Umbrils.
    Yorcia is the second released zone. Drops the 5 Skirmish sets (Hagondes, Gendewitha, Iuitl, Otronif, Cizin), Verdigris stones (NQ, +1 and +2) and randomly drops a KI (Vial of something...) that you can use to make the ilevel 105 weapons into ilevel 113 ones. Can use Verdigris stones to augment both the 113 weapons and the armor.
    Yorcia's goal is to protect the Tent at start from the hordes of monsters attacking it. You can reduce the types and quantity of monsters by killing "Dens" spawning such monsters. Randomly a Heartwing will pop, if killed fast enough it will add another armor item in the general treasure pool. It also drops items called "Wings". You can use them to buy several things (stones or armors) from Lola, Oston's wife. She can also store them for you.
    Outer Ra'kaznar is the third and last released Skirmish zones. Drops Wailing stones (NQ, +1 and +2) and some random shit. It also drops, with a low drop rate, a KI used to make 113 armour and weapons into 119 (you lose all augments in the process). Stones can be used to augment these 119 items.
    The goal of Outer Ra'kaznar is to roam around these maps killing randomly spawned NMs and Mobs. Each killed mob give you a certain amount of special "points". NMs give more of course. After you reach a certain number of points, different from tier to tier, higher for secondary objective, the run is considered over and you can use Fenetral Key.

Alluvion Skirmish
    It's another type of Skirmish with completely random maps. This means they will be different each time you enter (for the old skirmish they're always the same instead).
    To enter alluvion Skirmish you need a pair of Faithful Legs (any tier), a pair of Faithful Body (any tier) and either a Ra'la head or a Cirdas head (any tier). These are the only 2 zones where Alluvion Skirmish is available, for the moment.
    In addition to these 3 basic parts, you also need an "Eudaemon" part (5 different ones). These drop at a 100% drop rate from any of the 4 old Skirmish Zones.
    Once you trade these 4 pieces to Oston you will receive an Eudaemon KI and you will be able to enter Alluvion Skirmish from Either Ra'la or Cirdas butterflies thing.
    The goal inside chances from floor to floor and gets announced every time you jump a new floor, kinda like Nyzul Isle.
    It's usually kill a certain number of mobs, or kill a certain NM, or examine certain Ascensions etc.
    NMs inside drop at least 1 of the new Alluvion Skirmish weapons.
    There are also "special" NQ mobs that drop high quality stones.
    Speaking of which, there are 2 categories of stones: Leaf and Snow. They serve to augment these new weapons. Each weapon has two augmentable free slots. One will be filled with Snow stones, one will be filled with Leaf stones, independently.
    Both Leaf and Snow stones can be of 4 different types: Tip (DD focused), Slit (ranged focused), Dim (magic/support focused), Orb (pet jobs focused).
    These are just generic directions of course.
    Furthermore, each stone comes in 3 different qualities: NQ, +1 and +2.
    Very well written thank you for that. I have only one question. Are the Alluvion Skirmish weapons better than the JSE weapons from Oboron? Can you link one?Specifically the new dagger perhaps. I can't find one on bgwiki

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Vial of Translurry comes from Yorcia, upgrade weapons to +1.
    Vial of Transmelange comes from Outer Ra'Kaznar, Upgrades Weapons to +2 and Armor to +1
    (already mentioned just giving the key items names).

As far as the weapons go... yah... for some of the jobs they are.

http://www.ffxiah.com/item/20616/ipetam This is the dagger. i recommend checking out the Alluvian skirmish thread for possible augments and stuff