+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Info dump because I'm late:

Information on the 2 characters that aid Adol in his Journey and battle system information
    Raksha:
    Weapon: Rapier

Raskah is a daughter of a noble Roswell house of Garman. As a noble, she has a polite personality, but at the Drifting Village she finds herself a bit lost in their way of living. Nonetheless, she provides help with her knowledge of ancient ruins, animals, and plants as she works together with Adol and company.

While in battle, Raksha has high speed and good reach, but but she doesn’t have much range, so she might find herself in trouble while surrounded by enemies.

Staff comment: The Garman region is located on the Romun Empire’s northeastern parts, where you’ll find many simple and sturdy people. The way she meets Adol will be different than other encounters we’ve seen before. Since she excels at reach in battle, she can get preemptive attacks and follow up with more hits. She also has jump action.

Sahad:
    Weapon: Anchor

Sahad is a fisherman from the Greek region, and has a personality that can’t be hated. In order to return to his hometown where his family awaits, he decides to work with Adol. In battle he has high attack power and range, but it seems like he can get punished due to his delay.

Staff comment: He’s the oldest playable character from the series. He’s one of the castaway from the same ship.

Adol:

Staff comment: In battle, he’s a balanced character.

System:

• There are three attack attributes of “Slash,” “Shoot,” and “Hit.”
    • By hitting an enemy weakness, it’ll put them in “Break” condition which makes all attributes put in more damage.
    • There is said to be a mysterious ancient creature on Siren island.

Staff comment: There’s a lot of focus in the refreshing feeling for the Break feature. There are plans of using the PS Vita’s touch functions for parts of the game. Ancient-type attacks might wipe out Adol and friends in just one hit. These Ancients are completely different creatures from Dragons and they’re not related to the Five Dragons of Altago. Character switching and jump actions might make it seem similar to Tokyo Xanadu, but all the party members will show up on the screen.

Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2016/02/09...HtdELoirfuZ.99

Game will include a 2nd protagonist named Dana
    Falcom revealed in this week’s issue of Famitsu magazine that their upcoming PS4 and PS Vita action RPG Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana will have an additional protagonist to go with Adol.

The character in question is “Dana,” the mysterious blue-haired girl that appears in Adol’s sleep. While Adol dreams, he’ll get to relive her life and experience it for himself. Dana is said to have more power and speed than the veteran hero Adol.

As an interesting twist, what happens in Dana’s story while Adol experiences in his dreams will influence what happens in his own adventure. Again, Adol’s existence seems to be recognized in Dana’s part of the story, so actions that Adol takes will also influence Dana’s story.

Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2016/02/23...XBgirDzS6vk.99

Details regarding Dana
    Dana:
    Weapon: Crescent Moon Blades
    Attack Attribute: Slash

A mysterious blue-haired girl who appears in Adol’s dreams. While she may be a pretty girl, she’s full of imagination and often goes for bold actions, which can be surprising to the people around her.

Dana is from a civilization that is exceptionally advanced, which you wouldn’t see in the Eresia continent. Adol will get to experience her life as if it were his own through his dreams.

In battle, Dana uses her Crescent Moon Blades while rotating her body to pull off speedy attacks one after the other. In addition to her being light and speedy, the slashes that come from her spin are said to have more power than Adol’s attacks.

The mysterious girl Dana who appears in Adol’s dreams will be available as the other protagonist. The adventurer Adol’s story will take place on Siren Island, where he’s a castaway, and you’ll take control of Dana and advance through her story in Adol’s dreams.

Just who exactly is Dana, and why does she only appear in Adol’s dreams? All their mysteries will gradually be revealed as you advance through both of their stories.

Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2016/02/26...E1duLzclubG.99

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

That's going to be pretty interesting though, always wondered why they didn't start building around multiple characters like Ys Origin.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Japanese Release dates: Vita - July 21st, 2016 | PS4 - TBD 2017
    http://gematsu.com/2016/03/ys-viii-p...station-4-2017

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Level

I need that as a wallpaper

BG Level

More information:

• Premium Edition includes the following:
      • DLC of Adol's battle armor from the earlier Ys games
      • Adol's manuscript
      • Mini original soundtrack
    • Dogi will be in the game
    • There will be support events which are unlocked by having certain characters in your party. These events will unlock new areas.
    • The village you build can be expanded and add new facilities and hold more residents.
    • There will also be a tower defense like feature to stop monsters from attacking the city

Sources:
    http://www.siliconera.com/2016/03/29...ystem-details/
    http://www.siliconera.com/2016/03/30...m-box-edition/

BG Level

More news on 2 new characters and their skills:

Hummel
    Weapon: Bayonet
    Attack Attribute: Shot

Hummel is a “Transporter” that is full of mysteries and hides in Siren Island. He has nothing but pride in his work, and he doesn’t accept nothing else but absolute satisfaction from the requests he takes on. He’s also a bit of a neat freak.

He drifted to the island with items from a request, but he won’t say anything about the contents or the job. He uses a downsized cannon that is called a “Gun” which is a state of the art weapon.

Using a combination of rifle shots and the bayonet blade’s slashes, Hummel fights with high accuracy and can take out flying enemies with ease. Since his attack range stretches out in a line like Raskha the rapier-wielder, he has difficulties in hitting enemies located to his left, right, and behind.

Skill Attack: Precision Fire
    Hummel takes precise aim with his bayonet with this skill attack. You’ll have time between taking your position and before shooting, so you’ll get to take precise aim with the directionals before shooting.

Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2016/03/17...c2MydjfbvSI.99

Ricotta
    Weapon: Whip Mace
    Attack Attribute: Hit

Ricotta is a young girl who has been living on Siren Island before Adol and the others arrived. She’s an innocent girl and is always on top of her game. She knows a lot about the island’s geography and habits of the Ancients.

With all kinds of books that have washed up on the island, she’s learned about all kinds of information and languages, but the content from these material are biased, so she’ll occasionally use strange choice of words. She’s been waiting on her own for her father who left to explore the island…

Using the Whip Mace that she made by herself using various plants on the island, Ricotta fights using the vine’s elastic-like handle that allows her to attack in whip-like action to hit enemies around her.

While she may not do as much damage as the same hit-attribute attacks as Sahad, she makes up for it with flexibility and the ability to land multiple hits. Since her attacks go all around her, she’s even able to hit enemies in her blind spot.

Skill Attack: Homemade Trap
    These traps were originally made by Ricotta to capture beasts on the island. Enemies that get hit by the traps on the floor won’t be able to move for a short period of time, and will continuously take damage, too.
    Sources:
    http://www.siliconera.com/2016/03/10...icotta-hummel/
    http://www.siliconera.com/2016/03/17...ration-system/

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Level

Holy fuck! All my want!

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Damn.. that is pretty nice. I'm really looking forward to playing another Ys game. I have some of the old games on Steam, but the only one I have beaten is Ys Seven. God, that game was so much fucking fun.

Is there any future for the Vita, or are they just waiting for it to phase out? I haven't really paid much attention to it, and it sucks that MonHun is Nintendo ONRY... for now I hope..

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Level

All my yes...

Han Cholo
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Fuck me, Dana actually looks like a lot of fun, and so does the other guy with that... rifle looking stick thing.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ziz Gorlin
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

It's also coming out on PC/PS4/Vita in NA around Fall 2017.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

HELL YES! I just started playing the Y series late last year when i saw a sale on steam and decided to go retro (First one). Got hooked from the start with those challenging boss fights and new attempt at a combat system, that damn vampire was hard. Currently on the third installment and working my way up. Anything similar to these games or a branch that is just as good?

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by myreality View Post
    HELL YES! I just started playing the Y series late last year when i saw a sale on steam and decided to go retro (First one). Got hooked from the start with those challenging boss fights and new attempt at a combat system, that damn vampire was hard. Currently on the third installment and working my way up. Anything similar to these games or a branch that is just as good?
    I wish.

I'm not sure if you have a Vita/PSP but check out Seven/Celceta since they never got an official PC release.

Also if you want another fun Falcom game try Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky. The first 2 chapters are on Steam and the 3rd is coming sometime this spring. The games are text heavy and the combat is dated, but holy hell the story is just... wow...

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    I wish.

I'm not sure if you have a Vita/PSP but check out Seven/Celceta since they never got an official PC release.

Also if you want another fun Falcom game try Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky. The first 2 chapters are on Steam and the 3rd is coming sometime this spring. The games are text heavy and the combat is dated, but holy hell the story is just... wow...
    Funny you say that, i am in the middle of the second chapter right now. It's a good thing i'm an avid reader because it's more book than game.

BG Level

Heh, true. SC's script is larger than the LOTR Trilogy combined.