Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (PC/PS4/NSW/Vita)

A new entry in the Ys series is coming to PlayStation 4 and PS Vita, Falcom announced during Sony Computer Entertainment Japan Asia’s press conference this morning.
    http://gematsu.com/2014/09/ys-announced-ps4-ps-vita

Falcom announced their first PlayStation 4 game and it’s a Ys title. A trailer showed Adol jumping around, climbing on vines, and fighting monsters with Dogi.
    http://www.siliconera.com/2014/09/01...ystation-vita/

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Damn it Souls, you beat me to it!

Either way. I'm hyped as hell. Been playing through Celceta again and still loving it. Surprised it doesn't seem to be a remake of Ys V. I was almost certain that would be getting a face lift as the next Ys title.

GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Awesome. Celceta was one of my favorite Vita games

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

First Details
    Falcom’s new Ys game for PlayStation 4 and PS Vita is currently 30 percent complete, this week’s Dengeki PlayStation reveals.

The game’s story is expected to take place just before Ys Seven, at some point between Ys V: Lost Kefin, Kingdom of Sand and Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim.

The setting is the “Goethe Sea,” an archipelago of South Gria. As such, there is a strong sense of the sea in the game’s overall image.

New elements and systems will also be added. And characters from previous Ys games will appear, as well.

Falcom president Toshihiro Kondo describes PlayStation 4 development as trial-and-error, but adds that the staff is very highly motivated. The team hopes to implement PlayStation 4 Share functions and such.
    http://gematsu.com/2014/09/ys-next-30-percent-complete
    http://blog.hokanko-alt.com/archives/40642889.html

BG Level

And characters from previous Ys games will appear
    Hmm. Wonder who we can expect to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    It doesn't matter, we can jump now!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    It doesn't matter, we can jump now!
    I'm wondering if we can jump at will or if it will be like Zelda where it's triggered when you run near a cliff/ledge. Either way don't forget climbing!

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Caps
    Spoiler: show

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    Dogi Of course, Terra no doubt, the Goddesses somehow probably and, because why not, Dark Fact >.>. Seriously though been awhile since a console version has come out, let alone a PC version. Glad they're rethinking their stance on "PSP/Vita development is essentially the same so no point in doing a console/PC version."

Unless of course Xseed does something for us.

BG Level

Well Falcom is a pretty small company (40-50 people in size IIRC). However I have heard they have thought of digital distribution through Steam, so it is possible we may see Falcom branch out more.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

More Ys makes me happy.

Nice to have a reason to buy a PS4.

This is the first home console Ys in like 10 damn years...about time!

BG Level

I don't care how cheesy the graphics look on PS4 (Lot of people already bitching about that), I agree with you it's about time to see Ys back on the big screen.

BG Level

Reviving cause actual news:

Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana announced for a Summer 2016 release in Japan for PS4/Vita:
    http://www.siliconera.com/2015/12/15...ystation-vita/

BG Level

More news from Silconera:

Prologue:
    By the archipelagos of the Goethe Sea located in south of Greek, Adol is on a passenger ship called “The Lombardia” that is headed from Xandria to the continent of Eresia. However, the ship is attacked and sunk by a giant creature, and Adol wakes up, he realizes he is on the shores of the cursed island, known as “Seiren Island.”

From here, Adol will help out other castaways and survivors. He’ll build a base here, and also see a mysterious pale girl in his dreams.

The report also mentions that Adol’s illustration appears to be different, as it appears to not have been done by the illustrator, but the key visual’s artist instead.

President Toshihiro Kondo added a few comments as well:

• The adventurer Adol is the protagonist, and they’re aiming to make Ys VIII into a refreshing action RPG as they’ve done so with titles in the past.
    • In addition to speedy and party-based battles with various skill attacks, there will be new jump attacks, systems that will have you cooperate with castaways, and other new elements.
    • The topography, scenery, and atmosphere of the stage of Siren Island is getting more focus on it than any other setting Falcom has done in the past.
    • New characters and settings will be revealed after New Year.

Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana will release in Japan in summer 2016 for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita.
    Source: http://www.siliconera.com/2015/12/21...-new-elements/

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Yeah that'll be pretty interesting.

BG Level

Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana Details More Of Its Story And Protagonist Adol Christin
    Falcom updated their official website for Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana on the official website, with more details on the prologue of the story and its protagonist Adol Christin.

Prologue:

His name is Adol Christin, do you know about him?

The extraordinary “Adventurer” Adol Chrstin has challenged numerous adventures in his life, and left behind about hundreds of “Adventure Journals.”

This story is about one of those “Adventure Journals,” one of Adventures written on the “Goethe Sea Guide.”

“Siren Island”

By the archipelagos of the Goethe Sea located in south of Greek, Adol is on a passenger ship called “The Lombardia” that is headed from Xandria to the continent of Eresia. However, the ship is attacked and sunk by a giant creature, and Adol wakes up, he realizes he is on the shores of the cursed island, known as “Seiren Island.”

This island called Siren Island is also known as the “Eternally Cursed Island.”

A nature that has yet to be touched by man. Strange creatures that have evolved differently from the outside world. And the scattered remains of ancient civilizations.

To rescue the other passengers that were casted ashore and to protect them from the “Ancients Beings” that assault them, Adol and the others built a “Drifting Village” as their base.

Before long, Adol sees a mysterious “dream,” about a blue-haired mystical girl, and an unknown world where she lives.

Why is this island called the “Eternally Cursed Island What is the big secret hidden there?

And who is this girl that appears in Adol’s dream?

The solitary island of the distant sea, buried among the legendary waves… is where Adol’s new adventure begins!

Adol Christin (21-years-old):

At 16 years of age, he left his his hometown located in a nameless mountain of the regions of Europe , has taken on various adventures including the ancient kingdom “Ys” and the unexplored region “Celceta Sea of Trees.”

He was on the passenger ship called “The Lamborida” while traveling across the Goethe Sea, they were assaulted by a mysterious giant sea creature, and Adol, along with the passengers go missing.

Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana will release in Japan in summer 2016 for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita.
    Source: http://www.siliconera.com/2016/01/28...adol-christin/

Screenshots can be loacted at: http://www.siliconera.com/postgallery/?p_gal=536587|0

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Adol has pretty bad luck with boats.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Ayn View Post
    Adol has pretty bad luck with boats.
    You'd think he'd learn by now, but oh well more adventure.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast