BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: + skill gears     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

+ skill gears

Back! ish to FF. As in, reading about, thinking if its worth for me to jump back in.

I am seeing all sorts of +skill gear ( +262 sword, +262 dagger, etc ) everywhere. As far as i knew in the old formulas, that means Acc is either capped after you get one of these, or you have 5% chance to hit without it. Did something change?

Also, how does this extra skill affect MNK base damage? If i remember right, your base D was based on your H2H skill, and +260 skill would give you a *lot* of base damage. Is that right?

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Simple answer really. Players have higher skills -> so do monsters.

For example, i119 content (highest content out right now) will be extremely difficult if all you have is a weapon with +242 skill. You need tons of ACC to be hit capped vs 119 content.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Khory View Post
    Back! ish to FF. As in, reading about, thinking if its worth for me to jump back in.

I am seeing all sorts of +skill gear ( +262 sword, +262 dagger, etc ) everywhere. As far as i knew in the old formulas, that means Acc is either capped after you get one of these, or you have 5% chance to hit without it. Did something change?

Also, how does this extra skill affect MNK base damage? If i remember right, your base D was based on your H2H skill, and +260 skill would give you a *lot* of base damage. Is that right?
    First, it's 242. And the idea is that players do not technically progress past Lv.99, but monsters do, so to fight them new gear is designed to give you stat boosts equivalent to leveling up to 119. Weapons have tons of skill (and yes, you will have floored acc without it) and armor has tons of base stats.

Yes it affects H2H DMG rating, it adds 26 or 27. Most 2-hander weapons have a DMG of about 240-270, MNK is about 190 per fist but about 70 comes from skill so it's not worth as much to the damage calculations and yeah, math.