Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 104 of 114 FirstFirst ... 54 94 102 103 104 105 106 ... LastLast

Thread: Salvage Bans v 2.0     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Got banned on first offense early this morning while doing Salvage.
    Well deserved ban, for the past 4 years I don't think I turned my speed under 400%.
    This came with the email:

As your account has been suspended due to a violation, you will be unable to create another FINAL FANTASY XI service account.
    Unfortunately, you have shown yourself to be unwilling to follow the rules of the FINAL FANTASY XI community. If we find that you have created another FINAL FANTASY XI service account, we reserve the right to suspend that account as well in our sole discretion.

RIP Hashtag

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It's inconsistent in that there are some people still abusing the heck out of clipper who haven't been touched. There are other people (in this thread even) who say they have been banned without using tools (but perhaps looking a bit too much like RMT). It is annoying that they're not being consistent with how they hand out bans. There are obvious bots on my server who have always and will always look like a bot but meanwhile legit players can get banned for sparks farming.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Hoshiku View Post
    It's inconsistent in that there are some people still abusing the heck out of clipper who haven't been touched. There are other people (in this thread even) who say they have been banned without using tools (but perhaps looking a bit too much like RMT). It is annoying that they're not being consistent with how they hand out bans. There are obvious bots on my server who have always and will always look like a bot but meanwhile legit players can get banned for sparks farming.
    Don't forget unprofessional and lazy. Bad business model. Poor communication, etc... They could have saved themselves by just announcing the STFU has stepped up their game and monitoring etc... but their JP pridu probably wouldn't let them. It's w/e. Die with Sony. IDC.

What's curious to me is that durring JP prime this morning there was about 700 ppl on my server. Moving into NA prime we're at 306. I know the JP base doesn't cheat of course but it seems that bans are overwhelmingly hitting the NA base.

Quote Originally Posted by tarumalphius View Post
    Just got hit with an LM-31. My crime apperently was attempting to clipper through the rock in Kuftal Tunnel. F-em. I'll be issuing a charge back with Visa.
    Actually, that is a crime by the ToS. But you'll show them with that chargeback!

Quote Originally Posted by ccl View Post
    A lot of people started to cheat because of those years w/o ban
    Which makes the bans now all the more salt in the wounds. Somewhere, the real-life GM Daves of Square-Enix are likely laughing their asses off as they watch years worth of leet-player-asshole accounts vaporize at the push of a button. The only thing missing is a short video of your ex-characters being permanently devoured by Jormy.

If anything, being able to wait so long makes the final account-obliterations all the sweeter, as they shoot down cheaters left and right with the finish line for FFXI in sight.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

(1)It's inconsistent in that there are some people still abusing the heck out of clipper who haven't been touched. (2)There are other people (in this thread even) who say they have been banned without using tools (but perhaps looking a bit too much like RMT). It is annoying that they're not being consistent with how they hand out bans. (3)There are obvious bots on my server who have always and will always look like a bot but meanwhile legit players can get banned for sparks farming.
    1-What kind of dumbshit logic is that? Does that mean the laws of the road are inconsistent every time someone does 120 in a 100 and gets away with it? If someone kills someone and gets away with murder, does that mean the laws are also inconsistent? If 5 people steal something from a store, but only one person gets caught, are the store employees inconsistent too? No...it just means some people got caught, nothing more. Its only inconsistent if you actually believe theres an auto-banner in place.
    2-How many times have we heard that over the years? "Y wuz I bant, I did nothing, ever, I'm an angel".
    3-Then report these people botting instead of crying here "wah dez people bottin". And these legit players farming sparks for 10 hours a day every day with 5+ mules to turn them in to gil, yeah, it looks like a RMT faction.

What's curious to me is that durring JP prime this morning there was about 700 ppl on my server. Moving into NA prime we're at 306. I know the JP base doesn't cheat of course but it seems that bans are overwhelmingly hitting the NA base.
    Seriously? This is what you're holding on to? The JP playerbase has always outnumbered the NA playerbase lol.

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    I know a lot of people started farming gears over and over again after they saw people only get temps for farming bosses. Same exact cheat but the ones who got less out of it got perma'd. I kind of feel sorry for them because of the night and day difference between basically the same thing just a few weeks apart. But by now it should be highly apparent that any sort of thing that breaks game dynamics if they notice it you will get perma'd no warnings. And a high chance of it just be looking somewhat suspicious without actually doing anything
    No argument here, I honestly think SE shot themselves in the foot by not issuing permas to those guys the first time around. I've said this before, its in this thread, probably multiple times. When SE gave those guys a 3 day temp for essentially bringing in over 3k alex per character per day (you cant even do that with the 1 entry per game day restriction in place now), it kicked the door wide open.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Feels like they're trying to either change the game by banning everyone who has cheated and scare the rest of the player base into playing legit, or they're trying to kill the game while it's on it's last leg.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    1-What kind of dumbshit logic is that? Does that mean the laws of the road are inconsistent every time someone does 120 in a 100 and gets away with it? If someone kills someone and gets away with murder, does that mean the laws are also inconsistent? If 5 people steal something from a store, but only one person gets caught, are the store employees inconsistent too? No...it just means some people got caught, nothing more. Its only inconsistent if you actually believe theres an auto-banner in place.
    2-How many times have we heard that over the years? "Y wuz I bant, I did nothing, ever, I'm an angel".
    3-Then report these people botting instead of crying here "wah dez people bottin". And these legit players farming sparks for 10 hours a day every day with 5+ mules to turn them in to gil, yeah, it looks like a RMT faction.

Seriously? This is what you're holding on to? The JP playerbase has always outnumbered the NA playerbase lol.
    You really love to argue. You need a girl friend and no BG doesn't count. Since when was the JP base 2-1? Go ahead. I'll wait for your statistics.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

You really love to argue. You need a girl friend and no BG doesn't count. Since when was the JP base 2-1? Go ahead. I'll wait for your statistics.
    ok

I thought the graph legend was included in the graph picture, so instead I linked to the censuses. Notice the peak's coincide with JP time. You really are a fucking retard...

One more, from way back when, this one has the graph legend with dates on the picture:
    http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/gui.../img/img01.jpg
    April 2/3 are Sat/Sunday, just for reference.

The heat of your butthurt could be a legit cause of global warming at this point.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I thought the graph legend was included in the graph picture, so instead I linked to the censuses. Notice the peak's coincide with JP time. You really are a fucking retard...

One more, from way back when, this one has the graph legend with dates on the picture:
    http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/gui.../img/img01.jpg
    April 2/3 are Sat/Sunday, just for reference.[/QUOTE]

Anything better or meaningful? Like actual numbers and time zones? Those are such generic graphs they boarder on meaningless. Bro weren't you going to work or something?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    The laws of the road are WAY more clear than whatever SE is currently doing. Where I work everyone knows that even though the sign says 25 it is completely unenforced and we drive 40. The highway on the way to work is a 75 zone and so you drive 80. I like patterns, and aside from the obvious one of 'used x program' there is no pattern to where people are getting caught. Perhaps it's just people getting reported and watched vs not but it looks inconsistent from that standpoint.
    Furthermore I really don't give a shit who is botting or what they are doing. I only care that SE sometimes chooses to ban people and other times blatantly ignore it.

The laws of the road are WAY more clear than whatever SE is currently doing. Where I work everyone knows that even though the sign says 25 it is completely unenforced and we drive 40. The highway on the way to work is a 75 zone and so you drive 80. I like patterns, and aside from the obvious one of 'used x program' there is no pattern to where people are getting caught. Perhaps it's just people getting reported and watched vs not but it looks inconsistent from that standpoint.
    Furthermore I really don't give a shit who is botting or what they are doing. I only care that SE sometimes chooses to ban people and other times blatantly ignore it.
    Its like this man, think of the hundreds of people on a server at any given time and think about how many of those people are probably hacking. I don't really think its fair to assume they're going to be able to get all of them. They would literally have to pay probably at least a hundred people to keep shit on lock down.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Hes so pissed off, he cant even quote a post properly lol, thats twice now
    http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...16/674/5d5.gif

its actually funny

The laws of the road are WAY more clear than whatever SE is currently doing. Where I work everyone knows that even though the sign says 25 it is completely unenforced and we drive 40. The highway on the way to work is a 75 zone and so you drive 80.
    Except that law of the road says the 25 is 25 and the 75 is 75.
    And what happens if that 25 one day gets enforced and you get ticketed for driving 40? Are you really going to contest it and say "this is bullshit, you're inconsistent, you should have a cop there every day if you want us to drive 25".

The only reason you can get away with doing 80 in a 75 is because it would be easy to contest, the margin of error of 80 to 75 is pretty tight.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Maybe he's talking about me, I'm a 110 points banner IRL, I'll be hanging in the Bell Centre come October.

Your SE dick sucking could fill a sperm bank.
    19 jobs to 99, a relic GKT, the Murasamemaru, and all that work gone like dust in the wind. How does it feel, losing that for walking through a rock?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Re-upped my FFXI subscription about a month ago for another nostalgia trip. Turns out all I needed was the BG forums ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Kyreth View Post
    19 jobs to 99, a relic GKT, the Murasamemaru, and all that work gone like dust in the wind. How does it feel, losing that for walking through a rock?
    Couldn't care less. I only came back for the ending. I had canceled months ago. By the way it was the Mythic GK...durp.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I only came back for the ending.
    Too bad you never even made it that far lol

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by ColenzoRidesAgain View Post
    OH he must have been talking about you. I get it now. Good thing he didn't use quotes because hes so butt ravaged about that supersweetban. It must hurt really bad when you get a dick suckin power bomb from SE for being a shit lord.
    Nah just arguing with 3 or 4 lames that felt compelled to comment on my banning cause they have no friends IRL to pay attention to them. Gotta get their love from me or feel alone.