Thread: Salvage Bans v 2.0     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by ccl View Post
    don't they keep 1 char unbanned to see with wich new char this one will associate to ban them too?
    no

Has anyone else been hit with bans after their big announcement?

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

heard of a wave just this morning, CP botting still

Banned.

BG Level

Oh silly botters, when will they learn? Not like CP is hard to get anyway... is it really worth the risk to your account?

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by vivbiibasjiu View Post
    Oh silly botters, when will they learn? Not like CP is hard to get anyway... is it really worth the risk to your account?
    There is a mentality about having things.

So to these people, yes.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Nothing in this game is "hard" to get. Just time consuming. Given the lack of future for the game I'm sure at least by November there will be less people willing to invest extra time in the game just to get what they actually want to do done

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Nothing in this game is "hard" to get. Just time consuming. Given the lack of future for the game I'm sure at least by November there will be less people willing to invest extra time in the game just to get what they actually want to do done
    That may be so but if you're not willing to put in the time, you have to accept the consequences of being banned eventually. There's no excuse for botting except for laziness

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

That may be so but if you're not willing to put in the time, you have to accept the consequences of being banned eventually. There's no excuse for botting except for laziness
    You sound remarkably butthurt about something. With regards to bans I was under the impression that they're not banning in waves anymore, they're continually banning as they catch people.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well yeah break the rules you might get caught duh. But laziness? Calm down it's just a game man. If you really think there is some level of superiority for spending extra hundreds of hours for a couple of pixels you might want to rejoin real life. I mean what if the reason you couldn't in game was because you idk worked a lot...

Banned.

BG Level

Well yeah break the rules you might get caught duh. But laziness? Calm down it's just a game man. If you really think there is some level of superiority for spending extra hundreds of hours for a couple of pixels you might want to rejoin real life. I mean what if the reason you couldn't in game was because you idk worked a lot...
    You chose to play the game and those are the rules, like it or not. There's nothing "superior" about pretending the rules don't apply to you, either. If the reason you "couldn't" is because you work a lot then clearly FFXI is not the game for you, so just quit and focus on work if it's such an issue

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

this forum has generally accepted the fact that SEs shitty game design has only promoted botting over the years, having a differing opinion will make you an outlier.

if you're expecting white knights here to agree with you go back to ffxiah as people here are intelligent enough to realize your opinion is immense amounts of stupidity

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

You chose to play the game and those are the rules, like it or not. There's nothing "superior" about pretending the rules don't apply to you, either. If the reason you "couldn't" is because you work a lot then clearly FFXI is not the game for you, so just quit and focus on work if it's such an issue
    Let me guess you've never violated any of rules either right? And never benefitted from them? Never used ffxiah, windower, tested anything in game or benefitted from said testing? What about used any of the info from datamining? What about every using someone elses character or someone using yours? Hell just sharing account info? Profanity or offensive language? What about the ultra vague "You may not in any way disrupt or interfere with the Game experience of other players"? Did you play before turning 13? Any false info on registration?

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...76/656/757.jpg

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Leave him alone! He worked hard for all he's earned and that makes his hard work better than those nasty dirty cheating botters!

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Just makes 0 sense to me why they are still banning people. Maybe to save face and pretend they actually do shit when they haven't for years?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

gave some thought to checking out rhapsodies once it gets rolling, but noticed the main clipper was moved behind paywall. is there a safe free alternative nowadays (no name/link needed) or are people paying/playing without it now? honestly wouldn't bother coming back without it, but not worth 25 bucks extra.

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

you about to get in troooubbbbllleeeeee

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    Just makes 0 sense to me why they are still banning people. Maybe to save face and pretend they actually do shit when they haven't for years?
    Also made zero sense to just up an announce no more content ahead of time like that. My theory is that they actually want the game to die but don't want to be the ones to pull the trigger. So encourage people to quit. Ban people for stuff etc until the game dies off on it's own

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Maybe most people they're banning are buying more copies of the game, giving them a net profit. We don't really have the data that SE does.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Why do the work when I can have something else do it for me? I miss being able to let a bot run for 24+ hours ; ;

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

Let me guess you've never violated any of rules either right? And never benefitted from them? Never used ffxiah, windower, tested anything in game or benefitted from said testing? What about used any of the info from datamining? What about every using someone elses character or someone using yours? Hell just sharing account info? Profanity or offensive language? What about the ultra vague "You may not in any way disrupt or interfere with the Game experience of other players"? Did you play before turning 13? Any false info on registration?
    i played on ps2 so I was doing good until you mentioned bad language

also i may have mpkd some people