Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ziz Gorlin
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

one of my friends got suspended ~3 weeks ago and only logged in maybe 2 or 3 times since then due to being busy with work. he didn't bot or anything in that time frame and now he's perma'd. GG SE.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    People who still play this game vanilla in 2015 truly astound me.

The patience you must have...
    If you're talking about clipper, I can't exactly know what it's like to use it, but I can say that with survival guides, home points, teleports, waypoints, proto-waypoints etc, there are very few places in the world that feel like they take a long time to get to. Places deep in Mamook, Halvung, and Outer Ra'kaznar are the only areas that it's still annoying to walk to, IMO. It also helps if you've never tasted the benefits of permaflee speed (or more).

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by ccl View Post
    They banned some more today, friend got banned most likely reive botting.
    More never even checked to see if the person was there ban?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Person was banned when afk or not logged on, wasn't banned during the fact 100% sure. The mail said he got banned for stuff done on april 21 but last time he loged on was like 2 days ago

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I seriously think they're killing their playerbase so the have an excuse to turn the servers off early and not provide additional content like they said they were going too....because they don't have it lol

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

my friend was really afk botting so I think they investigate a lil on report I guess

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    If you're talking about clipper, I can't exactly know what it's like to use it, but I can say that with survival guides, home points, teleports, waypoints, proto-waypoints etc, there are very few places in the world that feel like they take a long time to get to. Places deep in Mamook, Halvung, and Outer Ra'kaznar are the only areas that it's still annoying to walk to, IMO. It also helps if you've never tasted the benefits of permaflee speed (or more).
    Coming back on a new character with like none of those things and trying to keep up is impossible.

Oh want to go farm chapters to get some ilvl AF? Everyone ports out instantly to BC and you have to run all the way through Castle Zvahl.

Also stuff like "Find the warhorse hoofprint!" With people no long er reporting any sightings ever. Silly shit like that just eats HOURS even with some assistance. Without? I couldn't do it.

They're obviously only banning the people who are infact botting.... however, while it is true they are botting, there's no verifications done. Look guilty = are guilty.

As for the date things, what they're doing is stating the date it was confirmed you cheated, not when you actually cheated. They're looking at logs from days ago. Say you cheat on saturday, they check it out sunday, they mass ban on monday, everyone is said to have been found guilty on monday, even if you hadn't played since saturday.

Then the best part is the 3 day you get is actually 5 days, due to PST JST conflict. It's always done at midnight PST, so every midnight you have to check your email for fear of backlogged cheating accusation. There will be no contact, no conversation, just disconnection and email.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ramzii View Post
    one of my friends got suspended ~3 weeks ago and only logged in maybe 2 or 3 times since then due to being busy with work. he didn't bot or anything in that time frame and now he's perma'd. GG SE.
    "Officer, don't arrest me! I haven't committed any crimes... recently"

Quote Originally Posted by vivbiibasjiu View Post
    I've always thought it was fair that if you didn't catch me doing it, nothing happened... "Everything is legal til you're caught doing it" etc

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ziz Gorlin
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

you're retarded. he was already previously suspended so he stopped cheating and then they banned him anyway. not that i'd expect you to be able to take the time to read a massive 2 sentences

Shootin' rocks at monsters
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by shepardG View Post
    I seriously think they're killing their playerbase so the have an excuse to turn the servers off early and not provide additional content like they said they were going too....because they don't have it lol
    This is the second time you've said this, and it makes me wish The Inquisitor were a real thing.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

The dates/reasoning in email have little to do with your ban. Seems to be a highly automated system. It's more than just salvage pos/afk reive-exp-sparks people at risk. If you're dirty or maybe roll with people who are, your at risk. I'd guess you could even get legit players banned now, who knows how through their investigation system is.

Name gets dropped here anonymously;
    https://support.na.square-enix.com/f...id=20&la=1&p=0

Guessing name gets thrown into some kind of data parsing checking your interactions with server. Clipper/takko will surely flag your shit. Something about how exp bots/fface sends commands is very obvious to what ever tool they are using. How do you think they are popping guys for afk exp and never sent a tell from a GM in game ask "Hey bro, you there? If so, please /wave to me."

Jelly white knight fags cry themselves to sleep every night over your internet shineys. Trade all your gil/sellables to a clean account, makes starting over easier LOL

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ramzii View Post
    you're retarded. he was already previously suspended so he stopped cheating and then they banned him anyway. not that i'd expect you to be able to take the time to read a massive 2 sentences
    He wasn't using anything at all and stuff got hit? No craft bots or 12% speed or anything?

Something about how exp bots/fface sends commands is very obvious to what ever tool they are using. How do you think they are popping guys for afk exp and never sent a tell from a GM in game ask "Hey bro, you there? If so, please /wave to me."
    It's possible they are checking for the last time a keystroke was done, so it would be easy to see if someone was botting at that point.

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    People who still play this game vanilla in 2015 truly astound me.

The patience you must have...
    I have the patience of a "saint".

I was wondering if I would get banned for doing salvage three times a day everyday legitimately. Just because I don't think they care to do their jobs correctly. I'd enter get to the third floor or something then say "Egh, w/e" and go take a 15 minute shower then chill with a drink (tea, liquor, didnt matter) and then get dressed and go finish salvage 40 minutes later.

A special kind of jerkoff, aren't you?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    It's possible they are checking for the last time a keystroke was done, so it would be easy to see if someone was botting at that point.
    Can they legally actually check your computer for actual keystrokes?

"Legally" of course not. Who cares about legality though.

That's come up a few times, with various answers from various people, including WoW being sued for it or something.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Can they legally actually check your computer for actual keystrokes?
    My instincts would be to say "no". There's effectively no distinction between pressing enter and sending the signal for enter.

Just not all afkbots work on the premise of sending strictly numpad/kb commands I don't think.

Not an expert here so grain of salt, etc.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Well I know in other games you could be sending commands to the server via a bot of some sort and it can still show you as "AFK". I think I last saw that in XIV where there was a bot mining and had the AFK symbol on.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

its not just keystrokes they'd have to search for, but also controller inputs. I play on PC, and use a wireless controller for everything other than chatting and typing in macros.