BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 114 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast

Thread: Salvage Bans v 2.0     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

The people that did exploit this were already probably bored of the game and being able to streamline the mythic making process probably added some fun/excitement back to the game. They probably were at the point of "Well If I get banned I wouldn't care because there isn't shit to do, and if I don't...well...then I guess I get to be a bad ass!"

I mean I don't know if anyone has noticed but the amount of posts on FFXIBG have dropped SIGNIFICANTLY over the past month and a half.

Champion of the House of Weave
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by jimbobsonofgod View Post
    Well I guess I won't have much of a linkshell to come back to.
    Everyone that got hit by it is back now. Our numbers aren't what they used to be, but you should still come back.

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    "We are aware you used a movement hack tool to illegitimately generate 30x as much alexandrite daily than we had planned, generating close to a billion gil worth of alexandrite in a 1 month period. Despite the fact we have stated time and time again we are perfectly content with the 30k alexandrite requirement for mythics, we are issuing you a three day ban, and whatever you gained from this illegitimate action you can keep as well"

Way to go SE.
    Pretty much. I think this sends an interesting message since the result was basically a slap on the wrist.

I'm glad to see friends back, but at the same time I'm extremely surprised the only repercussion was the 3-day vacation. If this exploit won't get people banned, what would?

I pullout to go pee.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Winterhoof

Running at 25% in town will.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

HONK HONK

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Tomiko View Post
    Everyone that got hit by it is back now. Our numbers aren't what they used to be, but you should still come back.

Pretty much. I think this sends an interesting message since the result was basically a slap on the wrist.

I'm glad to see friends back, but at the same time I'm extremely surprised the only repercussion was the 3-day vacation. If this exploit won't get people banned, what would?
    i think a big part of why is that there isnt/wasnt a shitstorm going on in the OF Forums. Which means people are still clueless there (i myself was too, didnt know this was possible). I have no Idea how this would have gone/would go if a shitstorm would start over there.

I wouldnt be surprised tough if someone pops something out there, by accidently reading this topic tough ¬.¬

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Tomiko View Post
    If this exploit won't get people banned, what would?
    Ask Dasva's mule...banned and he doesnt even know why.

Quote Originally Posted by PSOfanatic View Post
    I mean I don't know if anyone has noticed but the amount of posts on FFXIBG have dropped SIGNIFICANTLY over the past month and a half.
    And this is a dwindling playerbase problem?

This is a content problem.

They fix the dynamis exploit yet? it's basically the same fucking thing.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by frodnonnag View Post
    They fix the dynamis exploit yet? it's basically the same fucking thing.
    What is that?

clipping somewhere resets zone timer.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Nice. Not quite as awesome as salvage since nothing with guaranteed 100s but still being their 24/7 would definitely add up

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Rmt was using it to far marrows... I saw them as low as 1.5m/e

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

There is probably an automatic "zone out" when you fall below the map, and it rezones you back into dynamis resting your time.

Did they even patch it so this trick doesn't work anymore?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Go in and find it out? What's the worst that could happen? That was fixed or 3 days vacation

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

It was fixed prior to the bans to my knowledge, but someone said it still works? I'm not gonna test the waters. I'll quit it while I'm ahead

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Floors still repop, but the NQ/HQ won't.

S N K
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    Do Salvage v2 -> kill the HQ boss -> POS hack down 2 floors and take the teleporter back up to the floor before the boss -> Floor loads like normal, so kill the NQ and HQ boss again for 1.1 Linen Coin purses -> repeat until you time out

Apparently they started handing out bans for it within the last few days. This is how people were generating >1000 Alexandrite per run.
    I know of a few people on my server who were doing this. One of them hasn't been seen in days. I knew something was fucking up when I saw so many mules with shitloads of alex in their bazaars. Way to ruin what's left of this econmy you assholes.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Viewpoint View Post
    I know of a few people on my server who were doing this. One of them hasn't been seen in days. I knew something was fucking up when I saw so many mules with shitloads of alex in their bazaars. Way to ruin what's left of this econmy you assholes.
    How about SE for not banning these people, or issuing rollbacks on those accounts? Its seriously fucked up that people who were cheating pretty fucking badly could have amassed capped gil (3k alex on a "bad day", at 7k a pop = 21 million gil per day per character) on multiple characters just through this and all they got was a 3 day vacation, but can keep whatever they amassed illegally.

I believe a couple thousand accounts got banned for using a duping trick to get triple drops, that required no third party tools, just SE's spaghetti code. Yet this one requires pos hacking, and SE's spaghetti code, with a much graver impact on the economy and the alexandrite supply, and "heres your 3 day vacation".

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

What I'd like to know is how people do 3-4 instances at the same time. I want to know what program or plugin they are using to where they can use 3-4 accounts and make their single controller control all 4 instances. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me as mobs spawn in completely different locations and have different pathing traits per instance lol.

S N K
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    How about SE for not banning these people, or issuing rollbacks on those accounts? Its seriously fucked up that people who were cheating pretty fucking badly could have amassed capped gil (3k alex on a "bad day", at 7k a pop = 21 million gil per day per character) on multiple characters just through this and all they got was a 3 day vacation, but can keep whatever they amassed illegally.
    Yeah well what's done is done in SE's eyes. I'm shocked that perm's weren't hammered out. This is like crazy seeing how back when the STF was more active, people were getting banned on the drop of a dime.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 114 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast