+ Reply to Thread
Page 112 of 114 FirstFirst ... 62 102 110 111 112 113 114 LastLast

Thread: Salvage Bans v 2.0     submit to reddit submit to twitter

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by urat View Post
    One of my ls members got banned because another ls member they frequently did runs with would use clipper stuff all the damn time.

But thats hearsay on their behalf, maybe they were just cheating and didnt want to admit it, /shrug
    I do not think they are banning people who are in same pt as the one that cheats. I know of someone that got banned recently for clipper usage (first time offense but got perm anyway), and the other members in pt (was a pt of 6 including person who got banned) who were not in same zone but waiting on that person in another zone did not get banned for it as well, so just being in the same pt did not cause all to get banned. (they were not using clipper, just the person in the pt that got banned).

Saying that, anyone that uses clipper, JA wait, GM Mode, bots, or any of the sort is crazy atm because they are handing out perm bans for first time offenders and not temp bans. I know of more then one person that got perm with no warning (no other offenses), and if you know someone in your pt is using that stuff I would get out of that pt fast just in case lol. I would not risk it.

In addition, several years ago one of my old ls leaders (not me) got pulled out of our event for using clipper. Someone saw him in sea and reported him. He got a temp ban but no one else in the alli got in trouble for it as well. Someone even mentioned in pt that the leader was going awfully fast, and the GM used that pt chat as evidence against the guy who was using clipper.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

You can't say it wont happen because in one specific instance it didnt happen.

At the end of the day its SE's call, and there have been plenty of examples in the past of ppl getting banned for being in the same party as a person doing shit.

Salvage bans V1 are a testament to this, lots of people got banned just because they happened to be along for the ride and had no idea what was going on. It happened before, no reason it cant happen again.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

At the end of the day its SE's call, and there have been plenty of examples in the past of ppl getting banned for being in the same party as a person doing shit.

Salvage bans V1 are a testament to this, lots of people got banned just because they happened to be along for the ride and had no idea what was going on. It happened before, no reason it cant happen again.
    With the Salvage v1 bans, I'd argue it's fair easier for an "innocent" party to realise something dodgy is going on, they split a single party into 3 party alliance and got 3x the drops, it's not the most subtle thing in the world.

Campaign
    BG Level

Salvage v1 ban were more the exception than the rule. They were special in all kind of ways.
    I'm not saying we can 100% rule out "ban by association", I'm just saying that I consider it extremely unlikely, if the conditions are only the ones your friend reported to you.
    If there are other things he didn't tell you (or that he's not aware of) it's another story, but if it's just that...
    Well, talking about probabilities, I'd be more leaning towards someone not wanting to admit he's done "things".

I've seen some people living in such a huge self denial on these matters that nothing would surprise me anymore.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Salvage Bans v 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Cyleena View Post
    I do not think they are banning people who are in same pt as the one that cheats. I know of someone that got banned recently for clipper usage (first time offense but got perm anyway), and the other members in pt (was a pt of 6 including person who got banned) who were not in same zone but waiting on that person in another zone did not get banned for it as well, so just being in the same pt did not cause all to get banned. (they were not using clipper, just the person in the pt that got banned).

Saying that, anyone that uses clipper, JA wait, GM Mode, bots, or any of the sort is crazy atm because they are handing out perm bans for first time offenders and not temp bans. I know of more then one person that got perm with no warning (no other offenses), and if you know someone in your pt is using that stuff I would get out of that pt fast just in case lol. I would not risk it.

In addition, several years ago one of my old ls leaders (not me) got pulled out of our event for using clipper. Someone saw him in sea and reported him. He got a temp ban but no one else in the alli got in trouble for it as well. Someone even mentioned in pt that the leader was going awfully fast, and the GM used that pt chat as evidence against the guy who was using clipper.
    guilt by association happens, have witnessed it allready 3 times. if you run an instanced firld with LINKSHELL members in same PT and someone is stupid about clipper movement speed etc. it can get the whole PT banned. however i only witnessed this when peeps were from the same shell not when running with pt and mixed shells (but then noone would cheat anyway). Just sayin. Have never witnessed this in the open field tough with movement/teleport hacks. Single banns yes there guilt by association nope.

hence the reason why i feel very uncomfortable when someone uses this stuff around me in the same PT

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

They already banned by association with Neo-Nyzul. It happens. Soro onry.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Neo-nyzul bans were a lot different thou, those seemed to be be based only on reports + GM investigation, hence why they seldom actually happened. The new ban waves on the other hand clearly have some automated element.

S N K
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

imo if people want to avoid being banned, stop doing stupid shit.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I wonder if all of these home points all over the place, and various warp points like in Escha are also used now to track players movements from point A to point B.

Regardless, I really don't understand SEs mindset. The game is still a decent cash income for them, but they themselves have said while it will continue to operate, it will, after November, do so minimally staffed (maybe that's why all these apparent auto-bans are occurring, SE is testing out their systems for when they drop to next to no support). They perma-ban people by association through an apparent auto-system, but when you call a GM, they do nothing. They temp-banned most of the salvage dupe abusers, and let the keep all the Gil they amassed. They are giving us all of these cool UI upgrades, like lockstyle, gearsets, and now being able to see buffs and debuffs on party members, when the game is in its twilight era.

/endsoapbox

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Snprphnx View Post
    I wonder if all of these home points all over the place, and various warp points like in Escha are also used now to track players movements from point A to point B.

Regardless, I really don't understand SEs mindset. The game is still a decent cash income for them, but they themselves have said while it will continue to operate, it will, after November, do so minimally staffed (maybe that's why all these apparent auto-bans are occurring, SE is testing out their systems for when they drop to next to no support). They perma-ban people by association through an apparent auto-system, but when you call a GM, they do nothing. They temp-banned most of the salvage dupe abusers, and let the keep all the Gil they amassed. They are giving us all of these cool UI upgrades, like lockstyle, gearsets, and now being able to see buffs and debuffs on party members, when the game is in its twilight era.

/endsoapbox
    You know it's possible that this is as simple as the gm team not giving a fuck and wanting less work.

The small crappy gm team are forced to cover both games, probably for no extra money. These are low pay jobs and the GM teams really have nobody overseeing them and they can do anything and you have almost no way you counter it. If they ban you for "speed hacking", there is no way you can argue it. You're just fucking done, they won't even talk to you anymore after the fact.

If I was them, I would ban people from the old game too. Less work, almost no chance of getting called on a bad descision and most of the players will just say the player deserved it anyway.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I knew of some people who got caught up in cleave shout things too. Hell it's always possible that was what got my mule though hard to say. But obviously didn't hit everyone since my main and another mule were completely safe. Only thing consistent about SE is it's inconsistency

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

if you know someone in your pt is using that stuff I would get out of that pt fast just in case lol. I would not risk it.

I named two instance's it did not happen not just one. Also, I said in my reply also that if I was in same pt and saw someone was doing it I would not stay in that pt, and risk it. Of course it is up to SE in the end, and the way the automatic ban is working atm it definitely is not safe to assume anything as has been shown, and I never said you would be safe to assume being in same pt is ok.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    guilt by association happens, have witnessed it allready 3 times. if you run an instanced firld with LINKSHELL members in same PT and someone is stupid about clipper movement speed etc. it can get the whole PT banned. however i only witnessed this when peeps were from the same shell not when running with pt and mixed shells (but then noone would cheat anyway). Just sayin. Have never witnessed this in the open field tough with movement/teleport hacks. Single banns yes there guilt by association nope.

hence the reason why i feel very uncomfortable when someone uses this stuff around me in the same PT
    I know guilt by association has happened in the past but it does not happen every time, and I do not like being in a pt if someone is using that stuff either. I do not like risking my acct cause of some stupid people. The other day when a friend got banned who was in the same pt as others the pt had no clue he was doing stupid stuff cause he did not tell them, and he was in another zone, so the pt did not see it. Very next morning he woke up to perm ban while the rest of pt was fine. At the end of the day it is SE decision but with the way the bans seem automatic they are very random, and inconsistent and unless you want to end your ffxi days with a perm everyone is best leaving that stuff alone.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Why not everyone gets perma'd under "guilt by association":
    Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    Maybe thats the difference: frequently doing stuff with said person vs doing something with them one time in a PUG.
    Maybe its not just a fucking auto-banner, and theres actually someone who reviews this shit, despite what everyone wants to believe. Perhaps its an auto-flagger and when you do dumb shit, like run around at 100% flee speed or clip through fucking walls or kill shit/fish for 24 hours straight, you get put on a watch list, and someone actually keeps an eye on you (unless you keep getting flagged for clipping/fleeing around, at which point they probably just axe your shit).

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post

yeah i avoid this risk by playing solo now on. This is clearly the message SE is sending - MMOSRPG (s = solo)

other option i feel is just to cancel until/if this insanity changes

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Snprphnx View Post

/endsoapbox
    yeah doesn't everyone love 10 years of work and loyalty to end up as a guinea pig. Stay unsubbed while SE works out the 'kinks' then resub in april and hopefully you can flee around again, is this what SE has in mind?

They really just hate customers it seems

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by rate View Post
    You know it's possible that this is as simple as the gm team not giving a fuck and wanting less work.

The small crappy gm team are forced to cover both games, probably for no extra money. These are low pay jobs and the GM teams really have nobody overseeing them and they can do anything and you have almost no way you counter it. If they ban you for "speed hacking", there is no way you can argue it. You're just fucking done, they won't even talk to you anymore after the fact.

If I was them, I would ban people from the old game too. Less work, almost no chance of getting called on a bad descision and most of the players will just say the player deserved it anyway.
    SE is really hopelessly incompetent to sit there while rogue GMs ban 1/3 of their customers then. But we all know it's auto jailer/STF and GMs don't monitor any more

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

GMs arent in charge of bans for 3rd party tools period, theyve said this many many times.

GMs handle mordion gaol stuff. Spam, character stuck on something and cant move, abusive players, shit like that.

IE player is following you around harassing you? GM can help with that.

Player is botting or flee hacking? Report them to the STF.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

GMs arent in charge of bans for 3rd party tools period, theyve said this many many times.

GMs handle mordion gaol stuff. Spam, character stuck on something and cant move, abusive players, shit like that.

IE player is following you around harassing you? GM can help with that.

Player is botting or flee hacking? Report them to the STF.
    Technically I think the STF are referred to as GMs too... but yeah not ig ones that warp you places

Campaign
    BG Level

My friend who got permabanned on first offense received access to his character once again yesterday, after little over a month of very frequent bugging at SE's offices.