+ Reply to Thread
Page 113 of 114 FirstFirst ... 63 103 111 112 113 114 LastLast

Thread: Salvage Bans v 2.0     submit to reddit submit to twitter

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    My friend who got permabanned on first offense received access to his character once again yesterday, after little over a month of very frequent bugging at SE's offices.
    Cool, going back to Clipper.

Ok maybe not.

Campaign
    BG Level

Tbf his situation was pretty strange, I complained about it before right in this thread.
    He never did anything crazy. He could've been lying to me of course and playing the "omg I'm so innocent!" part, but I've been knowing him for a long time and I doubt he did anything worse than GM flag, JA0 and some very moderate movement speed, which is exactely what he claims he's been doing (and stopped when the first waves of banning started)
    One day he's late doing something (I don't even know what) and he feels sorry for making the rest of us wait for him to start our CP party, and he decides to use clipper or whatever it was to jump between floors in a zone, it was his first time doing that, and the day after he got permabanned.

I mean... not gonna claim he was "clean" but he was certainly much cleaner than many other people still around.
    Given the "gravity" of his behaviour, a permaban on first offense always seemed out of place to me.
    But then again we all know that SE could ban you for no reason if they wanted to... so yeah.

Either way, I'm glad (and very very very surprised!) he managed to get it back, hope we're gonna see the end of this game together

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Glad your friend got their account back. For the record they have not done away with temps for first offense as a friend got temped the other day.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Every time this thread gets bumped, I'm hoping for more "omg I got banned and I did nothing wrong" posts. None of this "hey my boy got his acct unbanned" hopeful shit

Campaign
    BG Level

Ungh... sorry, just wanted to share my friend's adventure.
    I swear I wasn't expecting such a result =/

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Ungh... sorry, just wanted to share my friend's adventure.
    I swear I wasn't expecting such a result =/
    Im just messin lol, but u know the "i did nothing wrong fuck SE" stories are always a great read.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Tbf his situation was pretty strange, I complained about it before right in this thread.
    He never did anything crazy. He could've been lying to me of course and playing the "omg I'm so innocent!" part, but I've been knowing him for a long time and I doubt he did anything worse than GM flag, JA0 and some very moderate movement speed, which is exactely what he claims he's been doing (and stopped when the first waves of banning started)
    One day he's late doing something (I don't even know what) and he feels sorry for making the rest of us wait for him to start our CP party, and he decides to use clipper or whatever it was to jump between floors in a zone, it was his first time doing that, and the day after he got permabanned.

I mean... not gonna claim he was "clean" but he was certainly much cleaner than many other people still around.
    Given the "gravity" of his behaviour, a permaban on first offense always seemed out of place to me.
    But then again we all know that SE could ban you for no reason if they wanted to... so yeah.

Either way, I'm glad (and very very very surprised!) he managed to get it back, hope we're gonna see the end of this game together
    hate to play devils advocate but this doesn't sound like SE at all, they will never even look at a 3rd party ban, not even remotely. is it outside of the realm of possibility that your friend lied about getting banned in the first place?

Campaign
    BG Level

Too long to explain why, but he got perma banned 101%.
    One thing he could've lied to me (altough, as I already mentioned, I really really really doubt it... been knowing him for a long time, even irl and outside of the game) is about doing much worse in game than he claimed he did, but I highly doubt it.

I didn't want to believe it either but kinda the same thing happened (long time ago, we're talking years back probably) with two other friends of us, in the same LS. It's actually what inspired my friend to "try" and see what could happen.
    Other people (like me) were more pessimist and told him it wasn't even worth to try.
    We actually gave him a character from an old LS mate who quit game some time ago (which he used while tryin to get back his own).

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by D44kpunk View Post
    hate to play devils advocate but this doesn't sound like SE at all, they will never even look at a 3rd party ban, not even remotely. is it outside of the realm of possibility that your friend lied about getting banned in the first place?
    probably just claimed he was hacked and the hacker cheated. My friend sold his account way back and the buyer asked for help getting unbanned, and this worked. Also if you share accounts regularly it can work.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by D44kpunk View Post
    I know the person Sechs is talking about, and I am also pretty sure he not lieing. We even set him up with another friends char to play while he fought SE to get his back. He had never had a offense on his account before the perm. I know of 2 other people SE has reversed Perm bans on as well in the past. It does happen but it is extremely rare, takes a lot of persistence and a lot of time. It took him 3 weeks of constant email, phone calls, etc to get it back. Since his was first offense that he got perm for (never got a 72 hr temp ban was straight to perm) SE realized it was a mistake and should have been temp ban. Auto bans at their finest.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Also, the first person he talked to at SE said there was nothing he could do etc etc. Our friend did not give up and kept calling back getting different people, and that helped a lot. Some of them are more willing to look at your case then others.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

had a friend who got perma banned on his first offense for something he didn't do, he called/chatted with them every day for a year and got the same responses. it's just highly unlikely, but alright

Campaign
    BG Level

Maybe your friend needs to skill up his ass kissing skills more then

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah I tried for months even had them tell me they were restoring... only to later when I called to see why it was taking so long that they changed their minds and they had "forgotten" to inform me

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

lol maybe you guys could make a guide on how to be "annoying enough" for SE to reverse the ban, lolol

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Just wanted to say /wave, was having withdrawals after being banned 6 months ago. I used 3rd party software notoriously and enjoyed every second of it in my previous 9-year stint. Hope Bahamut server is flourishing! -Zol

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Yeah Bahamut is a much better place after ppl like you got banned.

Seriously, CP botting on SMN on mandys right outside Adoulin? like.. seriously?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Lyramion View Post
    Yeah Bahamut is a much better place after ppl like you got banned.

Seriously, CP botting on SMN on mandys right outside Adoulin? like.. seriously?
    Awww ex-salvage duper Tychefm, why you sound so mad? I laughed at ppI like you in 2009 and couldn't believe when you were allowed to come back lol

People not subscribing to your YouTube channel anymore? Source of your rage? Lol...

Quote Originally Posted by guyonthecouch View Post
    Awww ex-salvage duper Tychefm, why you sound so mad? I laughed at ppI like you in 2009 and couldn't believe when you were allowed to come back lol

People not subscribing to your YouTube channel anymore? Source of your rage? Lol...
    Isn't it a shame all your hard "work" led you to this, a banned account and nothing more capable than trying to take snipes at your fellows.

Spoiler: show
    I guess it's too hard to start over without cheating again, eh?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Kyreth View Post
    Isn't it a shame all your hard "work" led you to this, a banned account and nothing more capable than trying to take snipes at your fellows.

Spoiler: show
    I guess it's too hard to start over without cheating again, eh?
    I was quite sincere in my original post. Some people (see above) just live for nothing then stalking this thread. Snipe at a snipe directed towards me? Guilty.

Again, hope people still playing are enjoying the new content. Peace.