Page 13 of 114 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 ... LastLast

Thread: Salvage Bans v 2.0     submit to reddit submit to twitter

S N K
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Judgement View Post
    No, he's been permabanned.
    I'll believe that shit when I see it dude.

Campaign
    BG Level

He posted a screenshot of it, but some people claim it's just a random googled image to make so people stop harassing him.
    Dunno, believe what you want I guess.

S N K
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

So far the other people on server who were doing the same exploit are still there. So take it with a grain of salt until otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpy View Post
    I just saw some people twinkle in and out by the homepoint there for a second. maybe they have their characters shown set really low >,> Also on Shiva that place is packed with at least AFKers.
    I used to put that stream on a lot to play in the background while I was doing desktop stuff and the traffic always varied. The stream would also change zones on a rotation but I don't know if servers also changed in that rotation.

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Viewpoint View Post
    So far the other people on server who were doing the same exploit are still there. So take it with a grain of salt until otherwise.
    It's not all of them that have been banned.
    It's Tigerwoods and maybe someone else.
    Why? /shrugs

I have no clue.
    Judgement claims it's because he reported evidence about Tigerwoods, SE counterchecked and decided to ban him.
    It sounds pretty strange to me that SE would act on an individual base but then again what do we know.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    It sounds pretty strange to me that SE would act on an individual base but then again what do we know.
    I'm sure they didn't, nor would he know even if they did. Don't believe they've ever contacted someone back all like "Hey! Thanks for that report, we banned the mofucker!"

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So is the hq boss repop actually patched? I was trying to find where this was stated but reading > me

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

just thinking, mods could check and compare Judgement IP Address, almost sure will find some other account here with the same ip...

I pullout to go pee.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Winterhoof

Just thinking, you should get out of the backseat and stop modding. This guy is the one chance at decent drama in this thread

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I wasn't expecting praise as the lone legitimate fish in a sea of cheating fish
    I bet I can find rules you are breaking

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Shirai View Post
    I'm doubting we're dealing with Starcade here, to be fair.
    It lacks too much "I'm going to look you up, watch your back, I am willing to go back to prison."
    The irony of his delusions...
    "cheating is bad, it breaks the rules youre morals are fucked, I'm willing to kill you and go to prison for your bad morals", when murder is you know, morally fucked and breaks societies rules.

Banned.

BG Level

I'm not Starcade lol (don't know who that is anyway)

But if you think this level of cheating doesn't negatively affect the game and devalues the integrity of the entire system, you're delusional. I'm sure I'm not the first or the last to quit due to no one playing on a fair level anymore. My motivation to continue playing has died due to everyone and their mom having an unfair advantage and destroying the entire point of playing the game. Why play a game with gameshark codes on? It seems pointless to me. SE is losing money thanks to you cheaters. If you want to screw up a game with cheats go back to a single-player game with your game genie, don't ruin the fun of an online game people pay good money to enjoy a fair challenge

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by guyonthecouch View Post
    So is the hq boss repop actually patched? I was trying to find where this was stated but reading > me
    Yes, it's fixed. But only for the boss. You can still repop other floors. According to a friend, the rampart respawns, starts to summon the boss, then just disappears. Seems like such tasty spaghetti code.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

How does their "behind closed doors" cheating affect your gameplay exactly? Them moving fast in salvage or through walls makes it unfair for you how exactly? Them putting more product on the market for you to buy? Maybe nowadays we still camp kings against each other? Ohh wait that's not a thing either. I don't see them doing anything to affect your quality of life in game. In fact much of the the advantages are finally being stolen from the 3rd party providers and implemented into vanilla life. If you want a fair challenge go take it.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

(4:40:29 PM) Internets Cop: How's that ban going for you?
    (4:40:29 PM) Me <AUTO-REPLY> : I'm not here right now
    (4:41:09 PM) Me: lol nice name
    (4:41:16 PM) Internets Cop: Thank you sir
    (4:42:13 PM) Internets Cop: Hopefully you've learned your lesson not to brag about destroying other people's fun with your blatant cheating. Justice has been served!

Lol nigga looked up my AIM name on my profile here

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

You know, with people taking e-bullying more and more serious, you should file harassment charges on him hahaah

Banned.

BG Level

Internets Cop: How's that ban going for you?
    Auto response from LilT2o00: I'm not here right now

LilT2o00: lol nice name
    Internets Cop: Thank you sir
    Internets Cop: Hopefully you've learned your lesson not to brag about destroying other people's fun with your blatant cheating. Justice has been served!
    LilT2o00: Not really; blessing in disguise. I was ready to quit anyways (last time I played up before the band was like 2 weeks before it lol). Now I can just sell the gil, make some money
    LilT2o00: and move on
    LilT2o00: so I basically got paid to be banned lol
    Internets Cop: How can you sell gil when your account is permabanned? lol. Seems you've learned nothing though. Have fun with whatever future endeavors you choose to pursue. I'm sure karma will catch up to you eventually
    LilT2o00: You can't, if you assume I'm dumb enough to keep the gil on the same account
    Internets Cop: If you say so buddy
    LilT2o00: They patched the trick 2 days before banning anyone
    Internets Cop: You're dumb enough to be banned
    LilT2o00: moved all my gil the second I noticed the salvage trick was patched lol
    Internets Cop: I reported you myself and I'm sure ALL your accounts have been terminated. SE knows your IP
    LilT2o00: didn't trade it to myself lol. Traded it to a rl friend (so if he screws me over I can just go kick hias ass); giving him 20% lol
    Internets Cop: He'll be banned too for RMTing, then
    Internets Cop: Good job getting your friend banned
    LilT2o00: nah; not gonna sell it on his account, lol. Just gonna buy another copy of xi
    LilT2o00: lol
    Internets Cop: I'm sure they looked at what you've been doing with your money
    Internets Cop: The report I filed was for RMT
    Internets Cop: They'll track everything you've done
    Internets Cop: Your ill-gotten gains will be gone.
    Internets Cop: Sorry to disappoint
    LilT2o00: Well, if you think they can get the account before I sell it (not likely since I already have a buyer lined up)
    LilT2o00: they can ban the account after I get my cash i don't care
    LilT2o00: lol
    LilT2o00: tell them to work fast
    Internets Cop: Just move on with your life. You can't exploit this game anymore.
    Internets Cop: Go do steroids or something
    Internets Cop: Since you love cheating so much
    Internets Cop: You will never earn anything in life
    LilT2o00: Never earn and never get are two completely different things
    Internets Cop: Whatever temporary things you may get will soon be stripped from you. Ill-gotten gains are soon ill lost. You didn't work for anything, you don't deserve it. That's how the universe works
    LilT2o00: if SE can take the rl money from me after I sell it, then I'd applaud them. If they ban the account I sell the gil on or the person who buys it
    LilT2o00: 0 fucks given lol
    LilT2o00: Don't got shit to do with me
    Internets Cop: Whatever helps you sleep at night
    LilT2o00: I sleep like a baby
    Internets Cop: I bet you do.
    LilT2o00: anyways, is that all you had to say?
    Internets Cop: I suppose it is. Enjoy your ban sir, and good day! <3

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

You left out the last part

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Scrynth View Post
    How does their "behind closed doors" cheating affect your gameplay exactly? Them moving fast in salvage or through walls makes it unfair for you how exactly? Them putting more product on the market for you to buy? Maybe nowadays we still camp kings against each other? Ohh wait that's not a thing either. I don't see them doing anything to affect your quality of life in game. In fact much of the the advantages are finally being stolen from the 3rd party providers and implemented into vanilla life. If you want a fair challenge go take it.
    It's the speculation that if SE is trying to balance events, they end up taking into account those who are cheating, making stuff that much harder for those who play by the rules. Also, if you are trying to get in a PUG, the expectations on gear can be raised higher than possible for honest players. Look back at Neo-Nyzul. The only people getting floor 100 were those who cheated, and getting gear from 80 wasn't good enough. Trying to make the game a challenge for people using extra tools ends up making it almost impossible for those who don't.

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I'm not Starcade lol (don't know who that is anyway)

But if you think this level of cheating doesn't negatively affect the game and devalues the integrity of the entire system, you're delusional. I'm sure I'm not the first or the last to quit due to no one playing on a fair level anymore. My motivation to continue playing has died due to everyone and their mom having an unfair advantage and destroying the entire point of playing the game. Why play a game with gameshark codes on? It seems pointless to me. SE is losing money thanks to you cheaters. If you want to screw up a game with cheats go back to a single-player game with your game genie, don't ruin the fun of an online game people pay good money to enjoy a fair challenge
    Okay, i'll assume you're actually serious, and want an answer.

Here's my main character. I came back to the game with a few friends, because i wanted to relive some of the great times i had playing the game when i was younger. But the thing is, i wasn't really interested in spending years grinding away just to get gear and levels. I just wanted to do the fun things. Things like duoing omega and ultima, soloing sky gods, 3 man jorm, and other fun and challenging stuff, all at level 75. I couldn't do any of this though without a whole bunch of gear. Defending rings, ninurta's sashes, kraken clubs, aureoles, dalmatica +1s, salvage gear (salvage duping 2.0!) etc don't come cheap. So i cheated for gil, botted for levels and skill ups, and pos hacked for missions so i could get all of the bullshit unfun stuff out of the way as fast as possible, and have more time to do the things i actually enjoyed.

I'm glad you can enjoy the game as it was intended to be played, but i can't. Not anymore anyway. There's simply too much boring grinding needed, especially since i was starting with a new character. I really don't see how anyone was hurt by this. I suppose you could argue that i devalued alexandrites by a rather huge amount, and that hurt legitimate salvage farmers, but tbh, they were too rare anyway, and i think the benefit of making mythics more available outweighed that anyway, so i think that's kind of a stretch. All of my other cheating though had absolutely no impact on anyone else. Saving myself 10 hours of mindless running around by pos hacking instead doesn't hurt anyone. Clipping through doors so i don't need help opening them doesn't hurt anyone. Speedhacking so i don't have to waste an inventory slot on gaiters doesn't hurt anyone. This game isn't a competition, there's no prize for being the best. The only point is to have fun doing what you want to do. You don't gain anything by doing the boring shit yourself rather than botting it, or skipping it entirely, and you certainly don't lose anything if someoe else does that. Just have fun.